Out On His Arse.......

HSS

Lets see how Arsenal do now

Bet you they plummet................. Top 4s, CL qualify every year bar last year, and FA Cups,
The guy has been an utter legend, another Fergie without the same financial clout

Maybe we might enquire if we lose Jack :whistle
A swap deal for Jack?

I know Jack is more than capable but is Arsne? [emoji38]

13 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Lets see how Arsenal do now

Bet you they plummet................. Top 4s, CL qualify every year bar last year, and FA Cups,

The guy has been an utter legend, another Fergie without the same financial clout

Maybe we might enquire if we lose Jack :whistle

Plummet......................:lol:

For the last few years they have been fodder in the Champions League.

The last 7 years they have been pumped out in the last 16, aye qualified, like Celtic. :lol:

With the income Arsenal make, IF they get a half decent manager, they will almost certainly go one way, upwards.

No one can question what Wenger has done but things change and he has, IMO, stayed a season, or two, beyond his sell by date.

Deserves his accolades  but has failed to see the right time to go, unlike Ferguson who won the league with a shit team before he left. 

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:56 PM, faraway saint said:

Plummet......................:lol:

For the last few years they have been fodder in the Champions League.

The last 7 years they have been pumped out in the last 16, aye qualified, like Celtic. :lol:

With the income Arsenal make, IF they get a half decent manager, they will almost certainly go one way, upwards.

No one can question what Wenger has done but things change and he has, IMO, stayed a season, or two, beyond his sell by date.

Deserves his accolades  but has failed to see the right time to go, unlike Ferguson who won the league with a shit team before he left. 

Every English team has been fodder, and quite a few haven't even made it thru Group Stages...............And if he wins a Euro trophy he has hardly failed this year,  yes they lost to Bayern, but they also twice played them with 10 men for most of the game.....

Arsenal don't make anything like the Manchesters or Chelsea, lets see who they appoint. It should be someone like Howe but no doubt it will be some useless 15m a year journeyman, who unlike like Wenger will add nothing...................

Time will tell

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Every English team has been fodder, and quite a few haven't even made it thru Group Stages...............And if he wins a Euro trophy he has hardly failed this year,  yes they lost to Bayern, but they also twice played them with 10 men for most of the game.....

Arsenal don't make anything like the Manchesters or Chelsea, lets see who they appoint. It should be someone like Howe but no doubt it will be some useless 15m a year journeyman, who unlike like Wenger will add nothing...................

Time will tell

Have they? :blink:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Have they? :blink:

Yes mate

City crashes out to Monaco, United doesn't qualify or crashes out, Chelsea doesn't qualify  or crashes out and Spurs- well they never win anything. Have I missed anyone? There are 2 English teams left in Europe and one of them is Arsenal

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes mate

City crashes out to Monaco, United doesn't qualify or crashes out, Chelsea doesn't qualify  or crashes out and Spurs- well they never win anything. Have I missed anyone? There are 2 English teams left in Europe and one of them is Arsenal
Liverpool played City in the last round so one was obviously going out.
Chelsea are having a bad season and played barcelona.
United were a bit shit and spurs ain't as good as they or the media doon there think they are.

13 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Liverpool played City in the last round so one was obviously going out.
Chelsea are having a bad season and played barcelona.
United were a bit shit and spurs ain't as good as they or the media doon there think they are.

Yes I know this season, I was meaning the overall as Wenger has been judged over the last 4/5 years by some fans.............

On the one hand  he is being hailed as a great and compared to Fergie ( personally I think that's a bit far!!) and then that he should have gone years ago. Well again, getting paid £8m a  year, making the BOD money and getting Cup wins and Europe why should he leave, Arsenal cant compete with Manchesters and Chelsea or even Liverpool financially....

Same as Spurs except Wenger actually wins things, it should be the under achieving Spurs manager that should be spotlighted.

My point is, Arsenal even with Pep or Jose would not win the League, Pep has spent 480 m, Jose 300 m in 2 years, Wenger 95m , hardly comparable 

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes I know this season, I was meaning the overall as Wenger has been judged over the last 4/5 years by some fans.............

On the one hand  he is being hailed as a great and compared to Fergie ( personally I think that's a bit far!!) and then that he should have gone years ago. Well again, getting paid £8m a  year, making the BOD money and getting Cup wins and Europe why should he leave, Arsenal cant compete with Manchesters and Chelsea or even Liverpool financially....
Same as Spurs except Wenger actually wins things, it should be the under achieving Spurs manager that should be spotlighted.
My point is, Arsenal even with Pep or Jose would not win the League, Pep has spent 480 m, Jose 300 m in 2 years, Wenger 95m , hardly comparable 
Arsenal board need to be accountable for the lack of spending. They have 60k fans at every home game, or at least they do when they are winning, and get 100 million a year from sky yet they've only spent 95 million over 3 years [emoji15]
Wenger went along with this - if they want to attract a high calibre manager who will have them competing then they'll need to open the purse strings.
Mibees they got a 'war chest'

43 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Arsenal board need to be accountable for the lack of spending. They have 60k fans at every home game, or at least they do when they are winning, and get 100 million a year from sky yet they've only spent 95 million over 3 years emoji15.png
Wenger went along with this - if they want to attract a high calibre manager who will have them competing then they'll need to open the purse strings.
Mibees they got a 'war chest'

Mate

Maybe its just me, but I totally disagree

Pepe has taken a team with half a billion spend and cant win CL, he plays great football, whoopee so would Saints with that money !!

Pool spend 75m on a CH, United 89m on a dud. Please don't join the "money is no object brigade, its unsustainable. Fergie spent and developed as has Wenger , Atletico, Juve, Roma all have high Euro pedigree and they don't spend big, and they have huge crowds- how do they compete- Oh yeah that's right- They develop

PSGs, Utds and Citys of this world make me sick................... and not one of them is in the semis 

Oh and Blackburn, Bolton and Sunderland have a combined debt of 500m , its unstainable and will be the death of English football

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Mate

Maybe its just me, but I totally disagree

Pepe has taken a team with half a billion spend and cant win CL, he plays great football, whoopee so would Saints with that money !!

Pool spend 75m on a CH, United 89m on a dud. Please don't join the "money is no object brigade, its unsustainable. Fergie spent and developed as has Wenger , Atletico, Juve, Roma all have high Euro pedigree and they don't spend big, and they have huge crowds- how do they compete- Oh yeah that's right- They develop

PSGs, Utds and Citys of this world make me sick................... and not one of them is in the semis 

Oh and Blackburn, Bolton and Sunderland have a combined debt of 500m , its unstainable and will be the death of English football

You're brilliant with selective stats.

Arsenal are the 6th richest club in the world, only Man City (5th ) and Man Utd (1st) are ahead of them from England.

In the last 7 seasons when Arsenal have been put out of the Champions League at the last 16 Chelsea have won it, been in the semi final, Man Utd have been in the final, Man City in the semi final and even Leicester reached the 1/4 final.

You, selectively, talk about the money other teams spend, only you would suggest Pogba is a dud, yet Arsenal spunk away millions, not as much as other teams, yet achieve nada. 

Again you selectively quote this years semi final teams, omitting Bayern & Real who are not paupers in case you haven't noticed.

Aye, underachieved, so much so the Arsenal fans have held numerous demonstrations and even hired a plane to let Wenger know his time was up. 

If you've some chip on your shoulder about teams with money you better choose another sport, just ask the teams at the bottom of the diddy league we just won how they would like the riches we have, and that's not including the bank of SMISA.

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You're brilliant with selective stats.

Arsenal are the 6th richest club in the world, only Man City (5th ) and Man Utd (1st) are ahead of them from England.

In the last 7 seasons when Arsenal have been put out of the Champions League at the last 16 Chelsea have won it, been in the semi final, Man Utd have been in the final, Man City in the semi final and even Leicester reached the 1/4 final.

You, selectively, talk about the money other teams spend, only you would suggest Pogba is a dud, yet Arsenal spunk away millions, not as much as other teams, yet achieve nada. 

Again you selectively quote this years semi final teams, omitting Bayern & Real who are not paupers in case you haven't noticed.

Aye, underachieved, so much so the Arsenal fans have held numerous demonstrations and even hired a plane to let Wenger know his time was up. 

If you've some chip on your shoulder about teams with money you better choose another sport, just ask the teams at the bottom of the diddy league we just won how they would like the riches we have, and that's not including the bank of SMISA.

Ok that's IS a highly selective reply so please let me retort

Arsenal have a different signing policy / budget/ play pay structure than the Manchesters- that's obvious . Manchesters also pay way over the odds because of this. Arsenal are prudent , is that a crime? That's why I mention the English Clubs and of the like of Hearts and Sevco who didn't/dont

And what exactly is wrong with Wengers record?  The world class players he has worked with and developed. I am not having a go at Jose or Pep, its the Manchester way since Fergie and the Middle East ownership.

Now its win at any cost ( TO THE FANS)- I do have an issue with the market this creates, and the fact that fans will pay for it to. Reporting that 40%  of Pogba transfer went to his agent, that Man Utd and Chelsea will charge their fans between £115 and £155 for an FA Cup Final Ticket- that's exploitation....... and where does this end ?

Will Mo Salah or Sane be our first One billion Pound Player? Killing competition making sure we get the same teams competing ....... That's boring!!

You quoted Bayern- ok whats their club record signing ? Well I will tell you - 41.3m. and guess what they have never spent more than they have got in. Its £25 to watch them, and you can drink beer, and they are fan owned- Not ala Real who are subsidized 85000 fans at every game and they still need handouts....... I don't mind rich clubs but there is the Financial Fair Play, and lets be honest that's a scam. PSG only got to last 16 also with a 600m spend .

So in short my friend. I have no chip on my shoulder, but I do hate what rich, tax dodging club owners are doing to the beautiful game. Arsenal, Spurs and the like play the game, and yet they get criticized  because the mentality in the "super clubs" is money is no object

Incidentally Leicester 's group was utter pish, Brechin could have...................... well maybe not!!

3 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Do you chaps all subscribe to Sky/BT and subsidise English football ? They needn't worry about their finances then. Your knowledge of their league also impresses me.

Froggie- Yes I do , however if you would like to look at clubs outwith the Top6/8 teams and certainly those that go down, they are hardly rich if fact some are in serious trouble. They tie up players on fat big long contracts............... I heard that Sunderland , about to be 3rd tier, have 130m debt and that is set to double over next 2 years due to existing player contracts..... Christ they have one guy on 65k a week- that's comical

Game gone mad

Well apart for a select view- like  Burnley , Bournemouth and Huddersfield and the like. Simply put, most cant handle £120 m a year investment, plus sellout crowds

9 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ok that's IS a highly selective reply so please let me retort

Arsenal have a different signing policy / budget/ play pay structure than the Manchesters- that's obvious . Manchesters also pay way over the odds because of this. Arsenal are prudent , is that a crime? That's why I mention the English Clubs and of the like of Hearts and Sevco who didn't/dont

And what exactly is wrong with Wengers record?  The world class players he has worked with and developed. I am not having a go at Jose or Pep, its the Manchester way since Fergie and the Middle East ownership.

Now its win at any cost ( TO THE FANS)- I do have an issue with the market this creates, and the fact that fans will pay for it to. Reporting that 40%  of Pogba transfer went to his agent, that Man Utd and Chelsea will charge their fans between £115 and £155 for an FA Cup Final Ticket- that's exploitation....... and where does this end ?

Will Mo Salah or Sane be our first One billion Pound Player? Killing competition making sure we get the same teams competing ....... That's boring!!

You quoted Bayern- ok whats their club record signing ? Well I will tell you - 41.3m. and guess what they have never spent more than they have got in. Its £25 to watch them, and you can drink beer, and they are fan owned- Not ala Real who are subsidized 85000 fans at every game and they still need handouts....... I don't mind rich clubs but there is the Financial Fair Play, and lets be honest that's a scam. PSG only got to last 16 also with a 600m spend .

So in short my friend. I have no chip on my shoulder, but I do hate what rich, tax dodging club owners are doing to the beautiful game. Arsenal, Spurs and the like play the game, and yet they get criticized  because the mentality in the "super clubs" is money is no object

Incidentally Leicester 's group was utter pish, Brechin could have...................... well maybe not!!

As usual when you get into a debate you lose the plot.

The initial point was Wenger is past his sell by date, not that he hasn't, overall, done a magnificent job over the years.

You hate rich tax dodging club owners yet you made a roaster of yourself recently over a certain Scottish club who are run by one? 

Run along, I think that's enough, I don't want to be responsible for you tying yourself in more knots. :byebye

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As usual when you get into a debate you lose the plot.

The initial point was Wenger is past his sell by date, not that he hasn't, overall, done a magnificent job over the years.

You hate rich tax dodging club owners yet you made a roaster of yourself recently over a certain Scottish club who are run by one? 

Run along, I think that's enough, I don't want to be responsible for you tying yourself in more knots. :byebye

I would have been disappointed if like most convos with u the ending was anything other than jog on   ..... :P

I don't think he is....... Anyway bet you they win tonight and win the Europa, and the replacement fails............. Time will tell