Viennas

20 minutes ago, civilsaint said:

You might think it is a place for celebration...

Sadly, just as much chance of getting something stolen as getting lucky. Staff as useful as a chocolate teapot. Thanks for nothing. 

They'll happily take the money with no responsibility.

Too right , the head steward's a lying bastard as well !

Sadly, just as much chance of getting something stolen as getting lucky. Staff as useful as a chocolate teapot. Thanks for nothing. 

Don't generally have any problems whenever I go to Viennas. The staff have always been decent with me, as have the bouncers.

What was stolen? I generally put all my personal belongings other than my phone/wallet/keys into the cloakroom, as not really a place you can leave things lying about.

20 hours ago, civilsaint said:

What got stolen Bud?

2 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I was 15 quid for 2 double vodka cokes.  Just about had a heart attack at the price.

Good night though!

So 4 vodkas and coke and you were rocked by a £15 bill, when were you last out the '87 cup win. Sub £4 is perfectly reasonable in a venue like that.

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

So 4 vodkas and coke and you were rocked by a £15 bill, when were you last out the '87 cup win. Sub £4 is perfectly reasonable in a venue like that.

You get some nightclubs that do deals on doubles like £3 a double or £1 to make it a double, that sort of thing. It just shows the unbelievable mark up in places like Viennas. Also if you go in on a Thursday it's less than a quarter that price. Taking advantage of the very little competition they have in Paisley. Ironically business plans like that is likely why so many other clubs have went under and they're down to only opening three days a week.

48 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

You're not allowed cheap additional measures anymore. Same as supermarkets can't do 1 bottle for £12 or 2 For £20 like they do south of the border. emoji106.png

And the discounted prices must remain in place for 72 hours.

I take it they use Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for that purpose.

They have a 'skint Thursday' deal going and the drinks are also much cheaper on Friday compared to Saturday. Likely a loopole being used somewhere. Another nanny state law by the SNP unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Is that the old Paisley Dailly Express offices?

I heard it was turning into some sort of dance hall, my dancing days are behind me.  The Templars and the Co-Op are the best halls, surprised they didnt have anything on celebration wise!

Did you ever get a ride with that wee midden Jeanie McColl?