Lewis Morgan 2018/19

We’ve seen many young players leave before really achieving anything tangible in the stripes. Many have left to try their luck down South. This kid has his head screwed on, and has a chance to really make it big, without having to leave home, or leave family and friends. He leaves us having helped secure a championship, and the last thing he did at home was to score the winner against Morton, before winding them up something rotten. He’s scored great goals, has contributed greatly.

I really hope he gets his chance at Celtic, shines, and like another true talent there in Kieran Tierney, becomes a Scottish international and secures a life changing move to the EPL. I am sure, absolutely certain, that if he turns out against us, this will be different from some players who join opposition teams and are jeered. He deserves, and I’m sure will receive, a warm welcome back.

A sixteen million pound move to Spurs or Southampton, Everton or Newcastle.

Pleasing. Thanks for the tangible memories Lewis, good luck at Celtic.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

I would love it if we could get him back on loan next season.

Not out of the question. A Celtic supporting colleague reckons it is more likely in January, though. Presumably as it would allow them to see where he is in terms of his progress to breaking into the first team.

Met him in the club shop before the game yesterday and he was buying a top. I joked about him having to buy his own strip these days and he replied, I'm just trying to give something back to the club.

Great example to all young players. He must know how good a player he is but still has his feet on the ground and comes across as a top man.

Hope his career continues to develop and he plays at the top level he can. As said above he will definitely be welcome back to the club and leave with the full support of everyone.

Remember first seeing him as a 16 year old playing in the u20s. He was so slim his top was to big for him. But sitting with Skodasaint and Burnsy we all said the same thing. this tiny skinny kid has something. He had blistering pace and we loved watching him in the u20s. And I was at a Dumbarton game last year and Lewis dad tap me on the shoulder and introduced himself. He said Lewis would like to give you his shirt at the end of the season. I asked why. He said as a thank you for supporting and encouraging him in the u20s. as you can imagine i was delighted and true to his word I met up with Lewis in the supporters club and gave me his shirt . I'm a massive fan of his and were ever he plays I always will be. he's a credit to the club and his family. Lewis thanks for the great memories. Coys

Remember first seeing him as a 16 year old playing in the u20s. He was so slim his top was to big for him. But sitting with Skodasaint and Burnsy we all said the same thing. this tiny skinny kid has something. He had blistering pace and we loved watching him in the u20s. And I was at a Dumbarton game last year and Lewis dad tap me on the shoulder and introduced himself. He said Lewis would like to give you his shirt at the end of the season. I asked why. He said as a thank you for supporting and encouraging him in the u20s. as you can imagine i was delighted and true to his word I met up with Lewis in the supporters club and gave me his shirt . I'm a massive fan of his and were ever he plays I always will be. he's a credit to the club and his family. Lewis thanks for the great memories. Coys

Well deserved for you Garry [emoji106]

Good on you and good on Lewis.
The guy has a first class attitude and look at the benefits to our team and to him personally.
A gem.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, SBS said:

Met him in the club shop before the game yesterday and he was buying a top. I joked about him having to buy his own strip these days and he replied, I'm just trying to give something back to the club.

Great example to all young players. He must know how good a player he is but still has his feet on the ground and comes across as a top man.

Hope his career continues to develop and he plays at the top level he can. As said above he will definitely be welcome back to the club and leave with the full support of everyone.

Not all footballers (or people) have the kind of loyalty Lewis clearly has. He could have held off signing till the end of the season and we would have got a lot less... and he would probably have pocketed more

As a Saints fan I will never forget this and what he has put back into the club by this one act....

Of course this is above and beyond his service as a player of some brilliance, goals scoring and wholehearted commitment.

In many ways a real super star ... do wish him well for the future - and yes welcome back anytime !!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Lewis has been nominated for PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year

Another great accolade for the young man, and well-deserved. To be nominated along with the three players from the Premiership shows just what an impact he has made beyond our club. I don't think a return to playing with us next season (or part of it) is out of the question, as Celtic will want him playing regularly to help prepare him for an introduction to the Celtic squad. Playing regular games for us would be preferable to playing in a development team at Celtic.

Whether he returns or not, Lewis deserves the success which I'm sure will come his way in the future. Thanks, Lewis, and all the best!

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Alfredo Morelos? Seriously? What award is he up for - the ‘couldnae’ hit a coo’ on tbe arse wi’ a banjo and being mercilessly wound up by Scott Brown’ award? What the actual F?

He is up for the " Hasn't called Murty a Useless Cnut Award"

Talented lad who for me will make it at Celtic just hope it's Rogers who is manager next season for Lewis.  The fact he wanted St Mirren to get a fee and demand staying till the end of season to help win the league puts him in a bracket of real legends. Thanks Lewis will never forget that. 

38 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

See James Forrest is nominated. Everything I read or hear about him from Celtic fans is that he's distinctly average, can't cross a decent ball and shouldn't be in the team? POTY nominee? Funny game football.

Not sure where you read these ideas as he's probably had his best season to date.

Players like him, and Morgan is in this bracket, are prone to spells of indifference.

It's the spells of magic that give them the spotlight that many don't get. 

On 22/04/2018 at 5:26 PM, St.Ricky said:

Lewis has great pace and talent but his character, hard work and willingness to learn mark him down as something special. Always welcome.

I believe this is the reason that David Longwell brought Lewis to the Saints academy after his release from OldCo/SevCo whichever one. I remember reading his interview in the last few months where he wanted players who showed a willingness to progress and develop, as the effort is absolutely key. Many young guys are talented but the truly good ones are the ones who put in the work. Longwell clearly seen that in Lewis and now we all have too.

And what a perfect way to finish his home career here (should he not return), sticking it right up the M*rt*n fans :lol: thank you for all your efforts Lewis, thank you for sticking with us to get this club back where it belongs. Best of luck to you in your future, you are an example to all other young players out there.