Minute's Applause For Those Who Passed Away

It didn't go as planned on Saturday, maybe due to a mix up between the Club and Match Officials.

I think the Club should try and do it again on the first Home Match of the new Season.

A lot of friends and relatives missed it on Saturday and were left very disappointed.

39 minutes ago, st jock said:

I agree Shull. At the end of last season my dad's name came up and I was proud as punch that I got to see his name up on the scoreboard. Meant a lot.

The names did still come up on Saturday though , just not during a minutes applause , but after the match had started !

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

The names did still come up on Saturday though , just not during a minutes applause , but after the match had started !

Unfortunately, due to the distraction of the Match, quite a few missed seeing the List or just caught some of it as it came to an end. 

There was a Video on Facebook of the List, however the girl taking the footages admitted the quality of the film was not perfect. 

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

My cousins name was on it Billy and I wanted a photo of it.When the ref started the game I put my camera away and by the time I realised what was happening it was to late.

I sadly noticed one name of a great buddie who I didn't know had passed away recently. 

Jackson Adams from Ralston, who was in his 80's and was a friend of my late Dad and they spent lots of time together at Love Street. 

I also had him many times in my Cab, where we spent all journeys talking about St Mirren. 

RIP SIR.

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

My cousins name was on it Billy and I wanted a photo of it.When the ref started the game I put my camera away and by the time I realised what was happening it was to late.

I am sure, if requested, the Club will do it again in July or August. 

Maybe, could be done at half time at a match, with plenty of prior notice. 

The ref clearly had no idea to hold a minutes applause.  Had he been told?

He didn't seem to remember where his yellow cards were kept, so possibly this slipped his mind as well.

I think holding it before the first game of next season is a good idea, its a nice tradition.  For most of us, St Mirren is about friends & family.

12 hours ago, shull said:

I sadly noticed one name of a great buddie who I didn't know had passed away recently. 

Jackson Adams from Ralston, who was in his 80's and was a friend of my late Dad and they spent lots of time together at Love Street. 

I also had him many times in my Cab, where we spent all journeys talking about St Mirren. 

RIP SIR.

It was myself that contacted St Mirren to say Jackson Adams had passed away.

My dad, David Wilson, and uncle John Temple used to go to games together many moons ago.

I was at Jackson funeral a month ago and sadly at my uncles funeral in February. I was at jacksons house before Christmas when he passed on loads St Mirren mugs, glasses and tankards from back in the day.

i think it's a great thing that club do to remember those that have recently passed away.

Hopefully the club will release images or even a list of the names on the board as people have said many people sadly missed it due to game being underway.

Edited by Mr Zo

Such a shame that people missed it, myself included, as the standing ovation is a great way to send these fans off. Hopefully the club repeat It at the start of the new season!

It was a balls up, nothing else really to be said.  The minutes applause is a great gesture by the club and I readily confess to having a tear in my eye every year when it is read out.  Sooner or later all our names will appear on that list.  Anyway on that cheery note I agree with the suggestion above, this should be done PROPERLY at the first home game of the new season when each name can be applauded and READ out in turn.  Sadly that list may well be bigger by then.

RIP Buddies, every single one of you, every single one indeed.

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

It was a balls up, nothing else really to be said.  The minutes applause is a great gesture by the club and I readily confess to having a tear in my eye every year when it is read out.  Sooner or later all our names will appear on that list.  Anyway on that cheery note I agree with the suggestion above, this should be done PROPERLY at the first home game of the new season when each name can be applauded and READ out in turn.  Sadly that list may well be bigger by then.

RIP Buddies, every single one of you, every single one indeed.

I will attend that day and clap for all I'm worth. :byebye