Here You Are Boys And Girls

Has there been any word from the club regarding next season and W7? - I'd love to move my ST to W6/W7 for our return to the Premiership.

I know it's likely the old firm & the Edinburgh clubs will get the West Stand over spill but hopefully the club stands firm and only give them the designated away stand.

3 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Has there been any word from the club regarding next season and W7? - I'd love to move my ST to W6/W7 for our return to the Premiership.

I know it's likely the old firm & the Edinburgh clubs will get the West Stand over spill but hopefully the club stands firm and only give them the designated away stand.

I imagine it will depend on season ticket sales

It was a shame that the cup had to be presented facing the main stand and not the West Bank (where I sit).  The young lads in the singing section who put all that effort in were left staring at the backs of the heads of the players.  The main stand is of course more expensive to sit in and the prawn sandwich brigade must be revered (just like the super important premium Smisa members who are superior human beings to everyone else, especially regular Smisa members) but it was a shame nonetheless.

Perhaps putting the stage in front of the away crowd looking out upon all three packed stands would have been better.......

Bet hey we won the league so I am happy, won the league and I am happy indeed.

28 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Lets just buy all of the season tickets in the West Stand. That sorts it out nice and neatly as there will be no overspill and gives the club an early boost to their finances.

I know that I will be buying 4 next season, rather than 1 and odd tickets for the family when they come.

Only way to be sure you can get to see the Buddies against the top teams.

The club threw down a gauntlet to take up STs in the West Stand and keep it all Saints fans. This challenge came before we knew how good we would be, yet the target was met. It has been hugely beneficial in both the atmosphere, and ability to use more than one set of toilets and catering facilities.

From what I can see, the drumming / singing section has evolved and grown. From a small bunch, to a bigger bunch, to what now looks like a large and enthusiastic group.

There also seems to be a genuine re-birth of feelgood factor, and surely, all indications are ST sales for next season will be very impressive. The West Stand surely must be all-Saints again. North Stand for visiting fans only, doesn’t mater if it’s Ross County or Celtic, Hamilton or Deadco.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

I don't think the west stand has ever been used for the Edinburgh clubs but it does for the OF and Killie occasionally.

It would be good if they could put them in the main stand or somethng instead of the west stand. There must be other options surely.

Thanks, IOBS. Fitting tribute to the young lads in the singing section. They've been great all season, home and away. Just hope they keep it up next season when the games will surely be harder. But, hey, I'm sure Jack and James will bring new players along to help us cope. So..........

COYS!!

Someone needs to explain to me why we are even talking about OF and Embra’ supports in the West Stand next season, when, as a Championship club, we sold enough tickets to keep it Saints-only, and have a large and growing singing section already occupying the seats we are supposedly going to turn over to visitors.

Rational explanation anyone, because I simply don’t understand why it should even be entertained.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Someone needs to explain to me why we are even talking about OF and Embra’ supports in the West Stand next season, when, as a Championship club, we sold enough tickets to keep it Saints-only, and have a large and growing singing section already occupying the seats we are supposedly going to turn over to visitors.

Rational explanation anyone, because I simply don’t understand why it should even be entertained.

£

7 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

£

...but if the stand is already filled with St Mirren ST holders, over and above the figure the club set down this season? Why would anyone imagine next season’s ST sales in the West Stand will be any less than the figure achieved as a Championship club who really didn’t look like title winners.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don't see whats so surprising about it. We need to maximise income the same way every other club in Scottish football does.

Home attendances havent been great this season apart from the last couple of games. 

With this being a title winning season this is close to the best home attendance levels we are going to get. Bottom 6 in the Premier League isnt going to have the fans coming in their droves as we all seen for 9 years.

The reality is when the OF come we need to just take our pay day and accept it. 

I do think we could re think where we put them though as it wouldn't be great if we move the guys in W7.

Just now, pozbaird said:

...but if the stand is already filled with St Mirren ST holders, over and above the figure the club set down this season? Why would anyone imagine next season’s ST sales in the West Stand will be any less than the figure achieved as a Championship club who really didn’t look like title winners.

It was all a bit of a gimmick/marketing ploy from the beginning in reality because no team in this league was ever going to bring enough fans to need W6&7.

Nobody sold the away stand out so it's not as if the west stand would have been used anyway.

Just now, LargsBud said:

I don't see whats so surprising about it. We need to maximise income the same way every other club in Scottish football does.

Home attendances havent been great this season apart from the last couple of games. 

With this being a title winning season this is close to the best home attendance levels we are going to get. Bottom 6 in the Premier League isnt going to have the fans coming in their droves as we all seen for 9 years.

The reality is when the OF come we need to just take our pay day and accept it. 

I do think we could re think where we put them though as it wouldn't be great if we move the guys in W7.

I see what’s surprising about it. The club challenged us to take up 1100 West Stand STs to ensure the stand was all St Mirren fans. We bought the STs. The singing section is growing and is a success. Tony, Gordon, Jack, the players.... they all go over and wave to the W7 crowd.... I frankly expect the West Stand to be all-Saints for next season. I expect ST sales there to exceed the set-down challenge figure that saw it all-Saints this season.

If it’s really all about £s, then why did the club allow 1000 empty seats in the North on Saturday. If they were that hungry for dollars, they’d have bust a gut to find a way to achieve segregation and fill some of those seats with Saints fans.

I'd love to see us keep the W6/W7 to ourselves, it's those sections that have seen those who want to make noise and sing be able to come together and give us a real atmosphere. If we take that away, where will they be able to go in such a large group? Those involved have done some brilliant displays, and many are avid travellers to away games, removing that section for them would be unfair.

Question is, £££ will be the answer. The section will be open for most matches this season, but the club aren't going to reject the opportunity to allow bigot fans to enter in their numbers. Bigger payday, the club only loses out financially if it's away stand only. As someone else said, we don't have the numbers to sell out regularly as our last top flight spell proved. Our usual attendances are in the 3K/4K range.

My guess is W6/W7 (5 too?) will be open through the season, barring bigot visits and any other potential big away supports (like if Killie are unexpectedly on the way to winning the league). The club would be silly to turn down potential sales.

2 minutes ago, div said:

Josh and co have played a huge part in the success we've had the last 18 months.

The new stadium feels like home now and there's no doubt those buddies in that group have contributed hugely to that!

Agree. Do you think the West will be all-Saints next season Div? 

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Agree. Do you think the West will be all-Saints next season Div? 

Sorting segregation next season is very high on the clubs agenda and will be sorted before the season ticket prices are released.

Expect an announcement from the club very soon on that.