Here You Are Boys And Girls

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If it’s really all about £s, then why did the club allow 1000 empty seats in the North on Saturday. If they were that hungry for dollars, they’d have bust a gut to find a way to achieve segregation and fill some of those seats with Saints fans.

Were there any saints fans really unable to get a ticket on sat ?   Been other threads about this but since most other clubs moved fans when playing them to max the money, why shouldn't we ?  Remember both set of bigots fans also get punted out of their seats when playing the other half of the bigots. We are not and never will be a big enough cub to wave bye bye to 100K plus. I don't like it anymore than anybody else but the bottom line is they are not enough of us to fill most of the ground.

4 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Were there any saints fans really unable to get a ticket on sat ?   Been other threads about this but since most other clubs moved fans when playing them to max the money, why shouldn't we ?  Remember both set of bigots fans also get punted out of their seats when playing the other half of the bigots. We are not and never will be a big enough cub to wave bye bye to 100K plus. I don't like it anymore than anybody else but the bottom line is they are not enough of us to fill most of the ground.

All I’m saying is that IF our ST sales are excellent, and I do expect them to be so, then I genuinely hope the club designate the West Stand to be all-Saints, all season. They asked us to step up to the plate this season, they laud the atmosphere created in that area. Tony talks us up, Jack says we aren’t going up to make up the numbers. Prove it. Make a statement, or are we just going to fcuk over our own fans. Again.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

All I’m saying is that IF our ST sales are excellent, and I do expect them to be so, then I genuinely hope the club designate the West Stand to be all-Saints, all season. They asked us to step up to the plate this season, they laud the atmosphere created in that area. Tony talks us up, Jack says we aren’t going up to make up the numbers. Prove it. Make a statement, or are we just going to fcuk over our own fans. Again.

We sold just over 1000 ST for the West stand so we would need to double that for the club to give us W7 and W8. I do think they want us to have it so no surprise to me if we get the West, the bigots will get the South as well as the North.

1 minute ago, renfrew said:

We sold just over 1000 ST for the West stand so we would need to double that for the club to give us W7 and W8. I do think they want us to have it so no surprise to me if we get the West, the bigots will get the South as well as the North.

Will be interesting to see how they announce their ‘segregation’ plans to us then. Apparently high on their list of priorities... copyright Div, 2018.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Will be interesting to see how they announce their ‘segregation’ plans to us then. Apparently high on their list of priorities... copyright Div, 2018.

Baldy will already know   :rolleyes:   he just doing his best to boost numbers on here I reckon  :lol:   What ever happen, it wont please everybody that's for sure :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, TediousTom said:

It was a shame that the cup had to be presented facing the main stand and not the West Bank (where I sit).  The young lads in the singing section who put all that effort in were left staring at the backs of the heads of the players.  The main stand is of course more expensive to sit in and the prawn sandwich brigade must be revered (just like the super important premium Smisa members who are superior human beings to everyone else, especially regular Smisa members) but it was a shame nonetheless.

Perhaps putting the stage in front of the away crowd looking out upon all three packed stands would have been better.......

Bet hey we won the league so I am happy, won the league happy indeed.

Agree with your sentiments here TT

46 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Can't see us handing the bigots the South Stand. It's our Family Stand for a reason, you know punters ain't gonna stop swearing in the West and Main because the kiddies have been booted out of their usual place.

1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

It was all a bit of a gimmick/marketing ploy from the beginning in reality because no team in this league was ever going to bring enough fans to need W6&7.

Nobody sold the away stand out so it's not as if the west stand would have been used anyway.

It wasn't about away fans using W6&7 as overspill, it was about closing the away stand and putting away fans in those sections.

The season ticket target would have been to guarantee income and cover losses from opening an entire stand for tiny away supports.

Can't see us handing the bigots the South Stand. It's our Family Stand for a reason, you know punters ain't gonna stop swearing in the West and Main because the kiddies have been booted out of their usual place.
Club had done it before.

4 hours ago, TediousTom said:

It was a shame that the cup had to be presented facing the main stand and not the West Bank (where I sit).  The young lads in the singing section who put all that effort in were left staring at the backs of the heads of the players.  The main stand is of course more expensive to sit in and the prawn sandwich brigade must be revered (just like the super important premium Smisa members who are superior human beings to everyone else, especially regular Smisa members) but it was a shame nonetheless.

Perhaps putting the stage in front of the away crowd looking out upon all three packed stands would have been better.......

Bet hey we won the league so I am happy, won the league and I am happy indeed.

Disappointing post Tom in my opinion. First a bit of thought would have the stage pointing down from the away stand however excitement can get the better of your thinking. I'm a season ticket holder in the main stand while I love prawns everyone around me are as down to earth as you would want to meet  it is no where  uper class as you are making out. I moved to the main stand as I could not stand fuelled  alachol punters shouting abuse at young boys during the hard times. I love the main stand yes you hear the odd idiots but nowhere near as in the northbank in bad times. SMISA you might not agree with everything bottom line is fans give up their time for our club. Fans pay a monthly fee so you the fans can own the club we the fans as one not one better than the next fan. We are one town one team great fans no matter where you sit. 

17 minutes ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Club had done it before.

Fair enough then, I stand corrected.

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Disappointing post Tom in my opinion. First a bit of thought would have the stage pointing down from the away stand however excitement can get the better of your thinking. I'm a season ticket holder in the main stand while I love prawns everyone around me are as down to earth as you would want to meet  it is no where  uper class as you are making out. I moved to the main stand as I could not stand fuelled  alachol punters shouting abuse at young boys during the hard times. I love the main stand yes you hear the odd idiots but nowhere near as in the northbank in bad times. SMISA you might not agree with everything bottom line is fans give up their time for our club. Fans pay a monthly fee so you the fans can own the club we the fans as one not one better than the next fan. We are one town one team great fans no matter where you sit. 

My biggest gripe with the presentation was that it faced directly to hospitality while the whole West Stand (and probably some of the Family Stand too) got shafted by that header thingy. To the actual Saints fans in hospality, no grudges, no complaints, glad you guys got the top viewing. To those who are there purely because of their job or workplace, and who are not going to do so much as to even check our results next season, these were the last people who deserved that fantastic view. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Your dissapointment pains me in the least old boy.

The working class plebs who spend a significant proportion of earned income in supporting the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad had to stare at the backs of player's heads because the main stand punters are or course much more important.  Let them eat cake (or whatever they sell in Aldi/Lidl/Farmfoods) and all that old boy, just so long as the highly important main stand (lets not forget the hospitality punters) patrons get looked after.  Yes quite, quite and all that, one simply couldn't have the working classes treated equally nor could we have the brats of any council estate dwellers looking on equally from the family stand.  Just wouldn't be on old boy.  Those plebs can just bloody well stare at the backs of heads until they move up the social ladder to sit amongst the revered.  In fact old boy it was awfully nice of the higher quality citizens amongst us to bloody well allow the working classes and their damnable offspring to stay back and watch at all, what, what, quite.  

Yes we are all equal old boy, the two tiers of membership in Smisa doesn't mean anything at all (nudge, nudge, wink, wink and all that) and it was just a damned shame that those poor blighters in the cheaper seats did not get as good a view, damned shame no-one thought of them really, but the main stand were looked after so let's not complain eh old by.  Honest old boy it was just a coincidence, I mean the patrons in hospitailty were much more deserving than the commoners of the singing section, I mean old boy who plays a drum anyway old boy?  The working class that's who old boy, I mean can NONE of them play the violin or the oboe old boy?  

Those chaps and chapesses in the main stand are top notch old boy and must be topper notch than the lower classses because thats how it is old boy, how it is indeed. 

Edited by TediousTom

To be fair, I thought it was done well, having it over at the main stand along with the pyrotechnics was pretty cool! They did a lap of honour anyway. 
I wouldn't call that stroll round the park with the kids a lap of honour. In fact I was struggling to even see the cup when the players finally made it to W1 [emoji102]

21 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm sure it was just an oversight on the club's part but i too thought it was a bit off that the players were facing just the one stand when there were two others full as well. As others said it would have been simple enough to set it up in front of the North Stand.

An oversight?

I would have thought this would have been thought through when it was obvious there was a extremely good crowd.

Small things like this show a lack of experience and common sense IMO.