Season Tickets 2018/2019 Make sure you can watch the Saints

Demand for season tickets will rise for season 2018/2019.

We have gone from under 3000 to 3600 to 4447 average gates in the past three seasons and this rise looks set to continue even if results are more challenging in the top league as

Away teams will bring more fans and lack of segregation facilities mean that the North Stand will be for Away Fans only, As an estimate we are likely to average around 750-1000 away fans.

The singing section in W7 has been a success in my opinion. We can make sure this remains and there is no over spill into the West Stand when the biggest away supports come.

I will be buying a Senior, Student and 2 Adult Season Tickets whereas this past season I bought only 1 Season Ticket and the others came along on a pay per game basis.

The Solution is simple and in the hands of the Home Support. Lets just buy out the tickets for the Main Stand and West Stand - Approximately 4500 I think and "Continue On Our Way!"

Deals for the family stand should continue to be very attractive and guest tickets issued to schools and clubs.

Or can you think of other ways to ensure we keep the away fans in the North Stand only without the club losing opportunities to bring in money? 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Demand for season tickets will rise for season 2018/2019.

We have gone from under 3000 to 3600 to 4447 average gates in the past three seasons and this rise looks set to continue even if results are more challenging in the top league as

Away teams will bring more fans and lack of segregation facilities mean that the North Stand will be for Away Fans only, As an estimate we are likely to average around 750-1000 away fans.

The singing section in W7 has been a success in my opinion. We can make sure this remains and there is no over spill into the West Stand when the biggest away supports come.

I will be buying a Senior, Student and 2 Adult Season Tickets whereas this past season I bought only 1 Season Ticket and the others came along on a pay per game basis.

The Solution is simple and in the hands of the Home Support. Lets just buy out the tickets for the Main Stand and West Stand - Approximately 4500 I think and "Continue On Our Way!"

Deals for the family stand should continue to be very attractive and guest tickets issued to schools and clubs.

Or can you think of other ways to ensure we keep the away fans in the North Stand only without the club losing opportunities to bring in money? 

Ricky - Going to rename you St" Stating the Bleeding Obvious :P"

There is also another money scheme, called BT sport and I would imagine we will get of few Sevco and Tic slots.......

Looking back, even with larger away support, our average gates in the top league weren't any bigger.

Only OF, Tarts and Hibs and Killie will bring sizeable support...... Accies, Dundee , County Fakes, Well  will bring hee haw

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

There is also another money scheme, called BT sport and I would imagine we will get of few Sevco and Tic slots.......

Looking back, even with larger away support, our average gates in the top league weren't any bigger.

Only OF, Tarts and Hibs and Killie will bring sizeable support...... Accies, Dundee , County Fakes, Well  will bring hee haw

Motherwell undeservedly lumped in with the others you mention, they always bring a decent support to Paisley.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Maybe County and Accies will go down. Let’s bloody hope so.

From a crowd point of view I agree Pozbaird. 

The other teams bring a decent level of support. 

17 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Have often been called much Worse! 

Have a look at the average away support in the top league DJ. 

Add Motherwell and Patrick and the average away fan estimate might be low. 

Despite the influence of BT and SKY etc the number of fans attending live football in Scotland is rising.  The Matchday Experience is what matters to attract people to move from their sofa or the pub to the ground.  Three Stands filled with noisy St Marten fans would create a magnificent atmosphere. The work done to encourage the singing section and kids to come along has been great. 

Is it too optimistic to think that we can sell out both the Main and West Stand in season tickets?  Time will tell.  Attractive offers from the club will help.  

You do realise despite average numbers or ST sales we will struggle to get more than 2500 home fans at any home game v the bigot brothers. Historically fans are not interested in those circus shows and we are not alone, Thistle, Killie and Motherwell all in the exact same boat. As for going to Darkheid or Ibrox, forget it. Haven't been bar one hospitality visit in 25 years and no intention if handing either of those vile institutions a penny of my hard earned.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You do realise despite average numbers or ST sales we will struggle to get more than 2500 home fans at any home game v the bigot brothers. Historically fans are not interested in those circus shows and we are not alone, Thistle, Killie and Motherwell all in the exact same boat. As for going to Darkheid or Ibrox, forget it. Haven't been bar one hospitality visit in 25 years and no intention if handing either of those vile institutions a penny of my hard earned.

I no longer go to either Ibrox or Parkhead.  I notice that attendance in the family stand is generally lower then.  Part of the reason some fans stay away might be that we give away part of our West Stand to away fans.  All of this focused on the past rather than taking a grip on our own future.  Me.... I want to see the best players performing at St Marten Park whoever they play for.  To stay in the top league weren't need our fans to put their money (including my own)  where our mouths are.  We are on our way has been our mantra this season.  Well we are still on our way... The journey continues and I want to be there to see us compete with the best that Scotland has to offer. Do I want to watch it on TV? No. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I no longer go to either Ibrox or Parkhead.  I notice that attendance in the family stand is generally lower then.  Part of the reason some fans stay away might be that we give away part of our West Stand to away fans.  All of this focused on the past rather than taking a grip on our own future.  Me.... I want to see the best players performing at St Marten Park whoever they play for.  To stay in the top league weren't need our fans to put their money (including my own)  where our mouths are.  We are on our way has been our mantra this season.  Well we are still on our way... The journey continues and I want to be there to see us compete with the best that Scotland has to offer. Do I want to watch it on TV? No. 

You really don't get it.

Firstly people cannot always afford a season ticket.

Secondly they have other things in their life and cannot attend every home game.

Thirdly, where, exactly are these extra fans going to come from?

Fourthly, we, quite simply, are at the top end of our regular support, unless that dafty Tony is right and we get into the Champions League.

You can start as many threads and repeat till you're blue in the face, we will not get close to the figures yoy keep banging on about.

We've been in the top league before, nothing to suggest we will improve on this seasons despite you banging on about seeing better players.

Have you watched the top league, it's poor, outside Celtic. 

42 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I have been a ST holder for as long as I can remember Ricky and my son is now too. I will renew as always but the Premier league is not attractive to many, many fans. Unless we were having a seriously good season (clearly going to finish top 6 from early on) I can all but guarantee we will see smaller home supports than for the majority of this season. People want to see a winning team end of and the chances of that in the league above are vastly diminished. If we can barely motivate 6000 to turn up on a glorious day for a title presentation against your local rivals what chance on a wet February day v the Fakes or Dundee ? You are clearly he'll bent on us going to the fabled and mythical "next level" but this is Scotland and it simply does not exist. I would loved to be proved wrong and see 5000 plus rolling up for every home game but it's a fantasy, a pipe dream.

50 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You really don't get it.

Firstly people cannot always afford a season ticket.

Secondly they have other things in their life and cannot attend every home game.

Thirdly, where, exactly are these extra fans going to come from?

Fourthly, we, quite simply, are at the top end of our regular support, unless that dafty Tony is right and we get into the Champions League.

You can start as many threads and repeat till you're blue in the face, we will not get close to the figures yoy keep banging on about.

We've been in the top league before, nothing to suggest we will improve on this seasons despite you banging on about seeing better players.

Have you watched the top league, it's poor, outside Celtic. 

As much as you sound like a party pooper, I think you are bang on. I think we are at the peak right now, and if we end up near the bottom those numbers will easily drop. It might hold for a while but it won't forever. Like everyone else in the Scottish Leagues, we are stuck in a country where most people support the bigots and success of a local side will not change that.

Long term what can we do? Not an awful lot (Catholic/Protestant schools don't help matters) but I think if the club makes regular attempts to give tickets to schools and clubs, it will only benefit us long term as some kids may realise their heart lies with Saints, and we can gain potential lifelong supporters (and potential offspring of those too) from these initiatives. It won't turn us into a team with 50K attendances (not even 10K), but it can help shape the future. Apart from that, we just have to enjoy what we have right now. 

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

As much as you sound like a party pooper, I think you are bang on. I think we are at the peak right now, and if we end up near the bottom those numbers will easily drop. It might hold for a while but it won't forever. Like everyone else in the Scottish Leagues, we are stuck in a country where most people support the bigots and success of a local side will not change that.

Long term what can we do? Not an awful lot (Catholic/Protestant schools don't help matters) but I think if the club makes regular attempts to give tickets to schools and clubs, it will only benefit us long term as some kids may realise their heart lies with Saints, and we can gain potential lifelong supporters (and potential offspring of those too) from these initiatives. It won't turn us into a team with 50K attendances (not even 10K), but it can help shape the future. Apart from that, we just have to enjoy what we have right now. 

I believe that is a serious option to, slowly, increase the fan base but people, kids or adults, will only continue to turn up IF we are winning more games than we lose, hence the rise this season, and even then, there is a limit. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I have been a ST holder for as long as I can remember Ricky and my son is now too. I will renew as always but the Premier league is not attractive to many, many fans. Unless we were having a seriously good season (clearly going to finish top 6 from early on) I can all but guarantee we will see smaller home supports than for the majority of this season. People want to see a winning team end of and the chances of that in the league above are vastly diminished. If we can barely motivate 6000 to turn up on a glorious day for a title presentation against your local rivals what chance on a wet February day v the Fakes or Dundee ? You are clearly he'll bent on us going to the fabled and mythical "next level" but this is Scotland and it simply does not exist. I would loved to be proved wrong and see 5000 plus rolling up for every home game but it's a fantasy, a pipe dream.

You and others might well be right and I may be wrong.  That I grant you.

I also accept the points that Faraway makes about cost and other priorities.

Like you, I guess, I was around when Alex Ferguson led the club into the top league.

My kids and their pals as well as a lot of other kids in the aarentsarea were caught up in the Excitement. Black and White tops started to be as numerous at the local park as old firm tops. Parents, families and friends went along to watch Saints even where their first loyalty might have lain elsewhere. I am not sure that season tickets and match tickets cost too much for the average fan but I do think that family, students,children and both OAP and unemployed and disabled supporters appreciate and need both good deals and payment plans. Do we just accept that change cannot happen?   The new board didn't,  the manager didn't and the players didn't. 

29 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I also accept the points that Faraway makes about cost and other priorities.

How much will this years ticket be then. I believe a Season ticket for Hamilton last season was £180.  Saints season tickets were £310-£350 unless you got the early bird offer.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/473364/scottish-premiership-teams-cheapest-season-tickets-soccer-uk/

Anyone willing to pay more than £325 for 17 games (normally £25 a game or £425 for them all)

I had a season ticket for the west stand last season. Offer me an early bird £300 for this season which means I could afford to miss 5 games and still break even and I'll take the gamble. 

A ST only makes business sense if you can get to every game. Then again there is rarely business sense in football.

Come on Saints give us unbelievably good deal on the early Bird renewals. £180 is wishful thinking but anything under £300 might sell a few more

Edited by East Lothian Saint

7 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

How much will this years ticket be then. I believe a Season ticket for Hamilton last season was £180.  Saints season tickets were £310-£350 unless you got the early bird offer.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/473364/scottish-premiership-teams-cheapest-season-tickets-soccer-uk/

Anyone willing to pay more than £325 for 17 games (normally £25 a game or £425 for them all)

I had a season ticket for the west stand last season. Offer me an early bird £300 for this season which means I could afford to miss 5 games and still break even and I'll take the gamble. 

A ST only makes business sense if you can get to every game. Then again there is rarely business sense in football.

Come on Saints give us unbelievably good deal on the early Bird renewals. £180 is wishful thinking but anything under £300 might sell a few more

Good post dealing with pricing as an issue. I see that Burussia Dortmond charge just over 100 for a season ticket. Also noticed the Hamilton price. Motherwell do free season tickets for kids. You are right...it also challenges the club to make this an attractive proposition 

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Another pointless Ricky special

No season tickets will be available

We’re sold out for every home game next season

Honest to god, get a hobby !

I have one...it's Saint Mirren.

Also golf,  attend the cinema and theatre. 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Renfrew. 

Average gates for Hamilton have risen this year. 

Are you saying that pricing is irrelevant? 

I bet you the home support has moved, remember last 4 years they got Hearts, Sevco and Hibs back in League, they will swell any home gate ( as will us next season)

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I bet you the home support has moved, remember last 4 years they got Hearts, Sevco and Hibs back in League, they will swell any home gate ( as will us next season)

Fair point. 

My question was do you think that price has an impact on sales of season tickets / tickets? 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Fair point. 

My question was do you think that price has an impact on sales of season tickets / tickets? 

I think the price is irrelevant to a point. As supporters support.... Just sell off a couple of grandkids for medical experimentation - all good :P