Partick  give 6000.     £360K

Fakes  gives 5000.     £300K

Ross C gives 2500.    £150K

Well gives  5000.       £300K

Killie gives  8000.      £480K

Accies gives 3000.    £180K

Dundee gives 3000. £180K

St Mirren gives 1600.  £96K

I have based this on 3 home games against them at an average of £20 a ticket and if we only give them the 1 stand.

It would be madness to give those teams above who are closer to us in size and support such a big advantage in finance.

We need the bigots ££££  just like the teams in the championship wanted our ££££

Guest TPAFKATS

Yes the finance from tickets is important especially when budgeting ahead for the season, however, the points advantage from beating could amount to more money from a higher league position?
Obviously that's not guaranteed though.

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Dundee gives 3000. £180K

I have based this on 3 home games against them at an average of £20 a ticket and if we only give them the 1 stand.

It would be madness to give those teams above who are closer to us in size and support such a big advantage in finance.

We need the bigots ££££  just like the teams in the championship wanted our ££££

Sensible approach to take in arguing this point. We were accommodated by the Championship Teams, including Morton and United and most notably by Brechin when we were taking the largest support in the Championship.

We are now in the mix with the bigger clubs. My take on it is expressed elsewhere on the Forum. We need the finance to be able to compete at our best. Either we sell out the Main and West Stand through Season Tickets or sensibly make provision to accommodate larger supports coming to our Ground than the North Stand can hold. It's in our own hands.

Edited by St.Ricky

54 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Dundee gives 3000. £180K

I assume you are basing these attendances on the capacity of the stand allocated to these teams.

I assume the TV still show almost all Rongers and Celtic away games, so I would suggest that the crowds that attend do not always fill their stand.

23 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

I assume you are basing these attendances on the capacity of the stand allocated to these teams.

I assume the TV still show almost all Rongers and Celtic away games, so I would suggest that the crowds that attend do not always fill their stand.

Rounding numbers up for the 1st question and from viewing tv, i would say they pretty much do sell out. I cant think of any away games that you see any large gaps in their support.

33 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Correct.  They don't bring the same numbers as 30 years ago but if we don't accommodate them adequately they’ll just buy tickets amongst us. :angry: 

Given the debt acknowledged to W7 expressed by players and management would it be possible to give the OF a coupla blocks in the Main Stand?

Difficult decision to be made.

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Correct.  They don't bring the same numbers as 30 years ago but if we don't accommodate them adequately they’ll just buy tickets amongst us. :angry: 

Given the debt acknowledged to W7 expressed by players and management would it be possible to give the OF a coupla blocks in the Main Stand?

It will be a hard question for the club since no matter what they do, plenty of buds wont be happy. The club can only split the main stand 50 50 and i just don't see that happening.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Bud. Your argument plays one set of fans off against another. Having said that W7 have been great this season. The choice for the Directors is a no brainer though. We have to bring in as much finance as we can through gate receipts etc in order to give the manager a fighting chance of finishing as high up the league as possible. We can make this an easy decision by buying up all of the Main and West Stand in Season Tickets....couldn't we?

Family Stand fans  will be offered seats in the Main and West Stands. 

Celtic and Sevco fans will accommodate the North and South Stands. 

That way, our Club maximises income. 

I would give Celtic and Sevco fans the minimum 5% of our capacity, but it ain't up to me. 

Dundee gives 3000. £180K

Clearly, the issue is our stadium is too small, and if we still had the capacity of Love Street, we could easily give visiting teams lots more tickets. We built a smaller stadium, therefore, when we are doing well as we are now, and the club have actively encouraged an all-Saints West Stand, it would be pretty poor if the club kicked out its own fans to grab the bigot dollar. If they do kick us out, I would humbly suggest Gordon and Fitzy find a spot to accomodate the ‘W7 singing section’ without breaking them up and scattering them somewhere. Secondly, I would suggest Gordon and Fitzy come and join us for a pie and a pish in our one lavvy / catering area. Half times are fun, mon’ over boys and share the fun.

Edited by pozbaird

Dundee gives 3000. £180K

All of the above bar Hamilton and Ross County have bigger capacity than us. The two mentioned have smaller fan base than us, so can give out as many.

We have added at least an extra 1k to our gates last season from previous years to most matches and I can only see it getting better from here on. Look after your own first unless it is quite obvious that we won't fill areas.  The West has increased so much in popularity that we fill the length of it. It may be patchy on the odd occasion ,though not enough to justify housing an overspill.

We put our own fans bums on seats then there i doubt there is much of a loss. 

Dundee gives 3000. £180K

In our case, given the current buzz about the club, I think it is a lot more complicated than just your figures above.

Well, Jags, Fakes, Ross County and Hamilton are not likely to lift there home support much under their present operating model.

Killie do have potential to increase their own support with their current success on the park, and more active board/management, but the size of Rugby Park will always allow options to meet the needs for any specific match being played.

We do have potential to increase our core support on the back of the last season and a half, and the trick is to do that, with all the potential options costed to determine whether the ugly sisters get the end of the West Stand.

Say we have 4 games a season at home to them, including  a cup game for good measure - based on North Stand only that would be £162K at £25 per ticket - this would be expected revenue but would be reduced by greater than normal stewarding and policing costs.

Add in 800 extra in W5/W6/W7 at same price - would be additional £80K revenue from them. But you have to deduct from that stewarding and policing to segregate the stand over and above the costs incurred in the North Stand - say £20K of that as a guess, leaves £60K potential benefit at the end of the day, in broad terms.

There are no other feasible options to the West Stand, as giving them the South Stand would be committing commercial suicide after all the great work to enhance the family day experience, and the recognition from outside the club of all that work. The Main Stand would never be considered now, with the Hospitality at one end, and the best disabled Viewing Platform in Scottish Football at the other end.

So we are left with the question - will it be economically beneficial, or detrimental to the feel good factor at the club just now?

Lets say we can get 400 additional ST holders in West Stand, as 300 adults and 100 kids, with prices at £250 and £50 for ST's - that would be £80K for the season less stewarding costs, which would be much lower as no segregation.    There would  be a further reduction in the above revenue here as well, as, hypothetically, some of the hopefully new ST holders would have been occasional or regular pay-at-gate attenders in the past, but the figures wouldn't be far away from making sense.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

The growing North Bank section would be left alone in place - BONUS

The attendance in the Family Stand would probably be slightly better as well, knowing that we had the 3 stands for our own support, rather than having one infiltrated by the ugly sisters. In the past, the attendance in the Family Stand has dropped off quite dramatically when the ugly sisters have been visiting, so reducing their numbers surely must help - BONUS

So, if we can tap in to 400 new attenders, it should be possible to keep the 3 stands to ourselves. Need to do all we can to achieve this.

We`ll never fill our stadium if we keep pandering to the old firm, its our stadium give them the away stand and nothing all else, lets keep building on what we have started here,  don't start throwing it all away by taking the old firm ££££...  we can be the alternative choice for the good people in the west of Scotland,   just concentrate on how we can attract more of our own fans to the ground, we have the potential to fill our own stadium, keep building and the fans will come.  

I would give Celtic and Sevco fans the minimum 5% of our capacity, but it ain't up to me. 
I think that is what the club will do.

3 minutes ago, renfrew said:
32 minutes ago, shull said:

I think that is what the club will do.

Ye me too give them 5%

I appreciate the financial side, I really do, but let”s put aside my view, or any supporter’s view. Let’s look at what the club have done here.

1. Actively encouraged an all-Saints take-up in the West Stand.

2. Loudly and visibly pushed a ‘our town our team’ message.

3. Met with, gave their blessing to,  advised, allowed, and helped develop a thriving new singing section in that area.

4. Have a CEO who has trumpeted our potential to be a bigger player in the Scottish football scene.

5. Have players and a manager who have said how the atmosphere in what is now ‘our home’ has greatly improved.

So, let’s see how they play this one. Div says it is a very high priority. Fingers crossed they actually believe in what they’ve just plastered all over the tunnel walls.

Always going to be a trade off between the utopia the Saints fans want (not a single Rangers or Celtic fan within 100 miles of the stadium) and what makes sense financially.

The club are very aware of the special atmosphere that has been created in W6 and W7 and that in general having the whole West Stand for Saints supporters is better for all the fans in that stand as we have all the facilities.

I'm sure they will come up with a plan :huh:

7 minutes ago, div said:

Always going to be a trade off between the utopia the Saints fans want (not a single Rangers or Celtic fan within 100 miles of the stadium) and what makes sense financially.

The club are very aware of the special atmosphere that has been created in W6 and W7 and that in general having the whole West Stand for Saints supporters is better for all the fans in that stand as we have all the facilities.

I'm sure they will come up with a plan :huh:

Is it a cunning one though?

Personally, I don’t think my view is asking for utopia, nor do I want no OF fans near the place. Celtic, Deadco, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Killie, Partick, Motherwell.... all likely to bring big supports to our place next season. What’s the capacity of the North, 1600?

That’s how many tickets should be available to all these clubs.

Our town, our team.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Personally, I don’t think my view is asking for utopia, nor do I want no OF fans near the place. Celtic, Deadco, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Killie, Partick, Motherwell.... all likely to bring big supports to our place next season. What’s the capacity of the North, 1600?

Our town, our team.

Okay to say this in an ideal world but if we can't fill our other three stands and it means six figures more income for the club, it's a decision that has to be made.

I don't know if any of the other teams will take more than 1,600 fans to the stadium next season right enough and what we should do if they request more tickets. 

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Our town, our team.

Dunno if I'd call it cunning but it will keep the forum busy anyway :lol:

Our season isnt going to be defined by games against the OF.

Personally I don't mind just accepting defeat on this one and giving them more seats. The op makes a good point on the financial side of it. These teams like Killie/Motherwell etc are the teams we are going to be looking to compete with. We cant allow them to have a few hundred grand head start on us. That can make the difference if we are both chasing the same player.

St Mirren being able to financially compete against our rivals is far more important to me than getting upset by giving the OF a few extra tickets.

Don't put them in the west stand but put them in the family stand or something. Probably the least painful option.