How many seats do the bigots get ?

You couldn’t move them to M1 & M2 because of the disabled platform, so it’s likely to be the family stand if anything.

difficult one, but as the OP highlighted there is significant money to be made. Christ, if we hadn’t given Rangers the family stand way back, we might not have been able to afford sacking Rae :lol:

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Clearly, the issue is our stadium is too small, and if we still had the capacity of Love Street, we could easily give visiting teams lots more tickets. We built a smaller stadium, therefore, when we are doing well as we are now, and the club have actively encouraged an all-Saints West Stand, it would be pretty poor if the club kicked out its own fans to grab the bigot dollar. If they do kick us out, I would humbly suggest Gordon and Fitzy find a spot to accomodate the ‘W7 singing section’ without breaking them up and scattering them somewhere. Secondly, I would suggest Gordon and Fitzy come and join us for a pie and a pish in our one lavvy / catering area. Half times are fun, mon’ over boys and share the fun.

Solution.

Keep W7 as the singing section. Great.

Sell out our 3/4 of the ground in season tickets. ....If we are doing well it might be very difficult to get day tickets for home fans. This is simple economics football style.

Simple. 

Just price it right and treat the home fans well. Keep improving the match day experience. If price is an issue then payment terms to allow fans to buy them makes sense.

South Stand

Keep 250 tickets for school and team groups to encourage youth.  Provide 250 free child season tickets at that end and continue to grow our support.

I know the idea of accepting responsibility for filling the ground with St Mirren season ticket holders is daunting but given imagination...it can be done.

As much as I'd rather not see them in any of our home stands, if there are empty seats in our end and the away stand is full, we are denying ourselves the opportunity to cash in. I would begin with giving the bigot clubs the 1,600 in the away end. Keep a section of the home stands untouched (preferably not the W6/7 area), but to work around this we have to avoid selling STs in the potential untouched area (unless we somehow sell 5,000 STs :lol:). Give ourselves the chance to sell out the home stands. If/when it doesn't happen, open up the untouched home section to the Bigots if they've sold their away end allocation. It's a sickening thought to have those cunts in our end but financially it would be stupid to reject more sales to them if we are not selling out ourselves.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

As much as I'd rather not see them in any of our home stands, if there are empty seats in our end and the away stand is full, we are denying ourselves the opportunity to cash in. I would begin with giving the bigot clubs the 1,600 in the away end. Keep a section of the home stands untouched (preferably not the W6/7 area), but to work around this we have to avoid selling STs in the potential untouched area (unless we somehow sell 5,000 STs :lol:). Give ourselves the chance to sell out the home stands. If/when it doesn't happen, open up the untouched home section to the Bigots if they've sold their away end allocation. It's a sickening thought to have those cunts in our end but financially it would be stupid to reject more sales to them if we are not selling out ourselves.

There should only be 1600 spaces left after 5000+ Saints Fans have bought their season tickets for our one town one team team. Be quick or miss out on watching the Saints.

Behind the goal is the away end. That should be the long and short of it really. 

What happens if, for instance, season ticket demand went absolutely mental and the only option was to create season tickets for W6 and W7? Do you deny Saints fans the opportunity to buy a season ticket in a place they want on the promise of 3 or 4 hoardes of arseholes coming and taking a third of the stand year in year out and force them up to W1 or the main stand?! 

Of course not. Any seat in the West, Main or South stands should be available to St mirren supporters to reserve as a season ticket. For me, the away end holds 1600 and that's that, no room for manoeuvre. Can't get a ticket? Tough shit. 

30 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Behind the goal is the away end. That should be the long and short of it really. 

What happens if, for instance, season ticket demand went absolutely mental and the only option was to create season tickets for W6 and W7? Do you deny Saints fans the opportunity to buy a season ticket in a place they want on the promise of 3 or 4 hoardes of arseholes coming and taking a third of the stand year in year out and force them up to W1 or the main stand?! 

Of course not. Any seat in the West, Main or South stands should be available to St mirren supporters to reserve as a season ticket. For me, the away end holds 1600 and that's that, no room for manoeuvre. Can't get a ticket? Tough shit. 

Spot on. Sell out our West,  Main and South Stands for Season Ticket Holders and in the South Stand 250 allocated to encourage kids from local schools and clubs to come along. We can do it..we just have to price it right, make finance available if needed and believe.

PS

Dundee have sold over 700 tickets for the 2018/2019 season already.  Source Dundee FC Website. 

Edited by St.Ricky

I generally sit in the south stand when I attend so I don't ask this lightly, but are the concourse in the South and West stands the same shape (in crossection)?  If they are could the construction for segregation not be moved to the South stand to separate off the area near the Main stand (Panda Club area) and promote this as a family area for the bigots and their mini bigots. We could then divest them of their least objectional ££s. My preference though would be away stand only but understand the financial implications of that.

4 hours ago, renfrew said:

Partick  give 6000.     £360K

Fakes  gives 5000.     £300K

Ross C gives 2500.    £150K

Well gives  5000.       £300K

Killie gives  8000.      £480K

Accies gives 3000.    £180K

Dundee gives 3000. £180K

St Mirren gives 1600.  £96K

I have based this on 3 home games against them at an average of £20 a ticket and if we only give them the 1 stand.

It would be madness to give those teams above who are closer to us in size and support such a big advantage in finance.

We need the bigots ££££  just like the teams in the championship wanted our ££££

Forgive my ignorance but where are you getting that Thistle give 6000 tickets to OF fans? Firhill only holds about 10k. Or Accies give 3000 in a 5k stadium

Numbers seem a bit off to me... 

Just now, dumbarton_bud said:

Forgive my ignorance but where are you getting that Thistle give 6000 tickets to OF fans? Firhill only holds about 10k. Or Accies give 3000 in a 5k stadium

Numbers seem a bit off to me... 

Thistle give them the entire Jackie Husband stand, leaving Thistle with only behind the goals and the old main stand

30 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

1600 North stand and I'd be charging them more than £20, more like £25-£28.

We will be! 

Daily Record did a great article in Nov 17 complete with App which let's you compare season and seat prices across all divisions. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Hopefully, the majority of the 5500-6000  Buddies that were there on Saturday return clutching season tickets next season.

Despite living in London and only getting to 1 or 2 home games a season, I'll quite happily invest in a season ticket for the West Stand next season if it helps keeps the gruesome twosome in the north stand only. Will likely buy my son one too.

27 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Give them as many seats as they like at a price of a hundred quid a ticket to cover the cost of fumigating the place after they've gone. Sounds fair.

I'd make it £150. The poor bastards working in the refreshment area deserve a pay rise when having to put up with the hoardes of scum. We also need to cover extra policing, potential vandalism and the cost will serve them right for being a bunch of glory hunting bastards who do nothing to help their local side.

8 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Hopefully, the majority of the 5500-6000  Buddies that were there on Saturday return clutching season tickets next season.

Despite living in London and only getting to 1 or 2 home games a season, I'll quite happily invest in a season ticket for the West Stand next season if it helps keeps the gruesome twosome in the north stand only. Will likely buy my son one too.

My take entirely.  

Dundee have already sold 700 + season tickets for next season. 

Time to strike when the iron is hot Saints. 

Note to the board... Put W7 Seats up for sale now to allow that group to ensure their place in the stadium. 

2 hours ago, div said:

Always going to be a trade off between the utopia the Saints fans want (not a single Rangers or Celtic fan within 100 miles of the stadium) and what makes sense financially.

The club are very aware of the special atmosphere that has been created in W6 and W7 and that in general having the whole West Stand for Saints supporters is better for all the fans in that stand as we have all the facilities.

I'm sure they will come up with a plan :huh:

I don't want a stadium devoid of away support no matter who the team is. I realise everyone is different and I speak only for myself, but I get neither offended nor angry about the OF's stupid songbooks. I couldn't even tell you the words to half on them. On the contrary, I remember attending a home game against Celtic shortly before we got relegated and the atmosphere they created was phenomenal. In fact, it was the first time I became aware of the fact that the shitey atmosphere in the new stadium was actually nothing to do with the stadium itself.

What I am against though, is giving them any more than we would give to any other team i.e. North Stand only! 

2 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Our season isnt going to be defined by games against the OF.

Personally I don't mind just accepting defeat on this one and giving them more seats. The op makes a good point on the financial side of it. These teams like Killie/Motherwell etc are the teams we are going to be looking to compete with. We cant allow them to have a few hundred grand head start on us. That can make the difference if we are both chasing the same player.

St Mirren being able to financially compete against our rivals is far more important to me than getting upset by giving the OF a few extra tickets.

Don't put them in the west stand but put them in the family stand or something. Probably the least painful option.

On the contrary, whilst Renfrew is undoubtedly an excellent contributor to this board, I think Sally02 gives a far more reasoned and broader view on the financial situation.

3 hours ago, sally02 said:

In our case, given the current buzz about the club, I think it is a lot more complicated than just your figures above.

Well, Jags, Fakes, Ross County and Hamilton are not likely to lift there home support much under their present operating model.

Killie do have potential to increase their own support with their current success on the park, and more active board/management, but the size of Rugby Park will always allow options to meet the needs for any specific match being played.

We do have potential to increase our core support on the back of the last season and a half, and the trick is to do that, with all the potential options costed to determine whether the ugly sisters get the end of the West Stand.

Say we have 4 games a season at home to them, including  a cup game for good measure - based on North Stand only that would be £162K at £25 per ticket - this would be expected revenue but would be reduced by greater than normal stewarding and policing costs.

Add in 800 extra in W5/W6/W7 at same price - would be additional £80K revenue from them. But you have to deduct from that stewarding and policing to segregate the stand over and above the costs incurred in the North Stand - say £20K of that as a guess, leaves £60K potential benefit at the end of the day, in broad terms.

There are no other feasible options to the West Stand, as giving them the South Stand would be committing commercial suicide after all the great work to enhance the family day experience, and the recognition from outside the club of all that work. The Main Stand would never be considered now, with the Hospitality at one end, and the best disabled Viewing Platform in Scottish Football at the other end.

So we are left with the question - will it be economically beneficial, or detrimental to the feel good factor at the club just now?

Lets say we can get 400 additional ST holders in West Stand, as 300 adults and 100 kids, with prices at £250 and £50 for ST's - that would be £80K for the season less stewarding costs, which would be much lower as no segregation.    There would  be a further reduction in the above revenue here as well, as, hypothetically, some of the hopefully new ST holders would have been occasional or regular pay-at-gate attenders in the past, but the figures wouldn't be far away from making sense.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

The growing North Bank section would be left alone in place - BONUS

The attendance in the Family Stand would probably be slightly better as well, knowing that we had the 3 stands for our own support, rather than having one infiltrated by the ugly sisters. In the past, the attendance in the Family Stand has dropped off quite dramatically when the ugly sisters have been visiting, so reducing their numbers surely must help - BONUS

So, if we can tap in to 400 new attenders, it should be possible to keep the 3 stands to ourselves. Need to do all we can to achieve this.

50 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

My take entirely.  

Dundee have already sold 700 + season tickets for next season. 

Time to strike when the iron is hot Saints. 

Note to the board... Put W7 Seats up for sale now to allow that group to ensure their place in the stadium. 

That puzzled me. How are Dundee selling season tickets when they have no guarantee what division they will be playing in next season :huh:

They are only 5 points off the play off spot, and 6 off the bottom!

39 minutes ago, div said:

That puzzled me. How are Dundee selling season tickets when they have no guarantee what division they will be playing in next season :huh:

They are only 5 points off the play off spot, and 6 off the bottom!

Me too. 

All the more amazing that they have sold 700.

I think the potential income for games was set when the ground was designed ie no point in having 5000 empty seats when only two teams will likely fill the ground. We will just need to set a budget based on what we can accommodate. If there's no room elsewhere other than the North Stand then they can't sit anywhere else but the North Stand and it won't make any difference. Jack is shrewd and will get the players he needs on the budget he has available. As far as the fans go, get your season tickets early :)