How many seats do the bigots get ?

Just now, Drew said:

Yes, they moan and shout abuse at players very loudly.

Piss poor decision. We shouldn't be lifting our skirts to them and shitting on our own for the sake of a few extra quid.

Also, as has been mentioned, they will have an advantage from being behind both goals.

Or (optimistically)  give their fans a close up of our winning goals. 

So the answer to the thread is 3200. It had to be this way or half the main stand. Problem with main stand is the home supporters coming out and into the club bar and having to pass them as well as the disabled section. The problem of the south stand will be both set of supporters leaving in the same direction. Sadly with 4 stands separated from each other they were no possible answer to please everybody.

Great decision from the hopefully the added revenue they will look to fill in the corners of the stadium aswell in the future.

They already get behind both goals at rugby park doesn’t do them any harm.

People can be bitter and childish with the crying all they want it’s the right decision for the club
Obviously you don't sit with your family in the Family Stand. It's an easy decision for the board to make, as EK points out, less vocal opposition to this will come from fans in the Family Stand.

I hate the thought of the Glasgow disease having both stands behind the goals. It does give them an advantage. The stand behind the goals at Rugby Park is always closed, except for the bigot brothers, so no Killie fan is forced to move.

I would have just given them the usual one stand for away supports but , unfortunately, cash is king.

Disappointing, but shit happens.

Yes, they moan and shout abuse at players very loudly.
Piss poor decision. We shouldn't be lifting our skirts to them and shitting on our own for the sake of a few extra quid.
Also, as has been mentioned, they will have an advantage from being behind both goals.

Around Extra 100k is abit more to us than just a few extra quid could be a huge difference.

Again killie give them behind both goals doesn’t do them any harm means we are better equipped to compete with the other clubs that will be around us

1 minute ago, Buffs said:

Obviously you don't sit with your family in the Family Stand. It's an easy decision for the board to make, as EK points out, less vocal opposition to this will come from fans in the Family Stand.

I hate the thought of the Glasgow disease having both stands behind the goals. It does give them an advantage. The stand behind the goals at Rugby Park is always closed, except for the bigot brothers, so no Killie fan is forced to move.

I would have just given them the usual one stand for away supports but , unfortunately, cash is king.

Disappointing, but shit happens.

Nobody will be really be happy about it but as you say, cash is king. You say no Killie fans need to move but thousands of Thistle fans get moved from their seats and the some Accies fans also need to move.

Because South Stand fans will complain least.

But...

What will the longer term cost be of messing about our next generation of supporters?

Well there’s also less of them. As the statement alludes too, that stand has always been practically empty for previous encounters with the bigot brothers.

Nobody will be really be happy about it but as you say, cash is king. You say no Killie fans need to move but thousands of Thistle fans get moved from their seats and the some Accies fans also need to move.
You're right, and it's shit for them aswell.

Just now, renfrew said:

I didn't say it was. I was just answering my question from the 1st post.

You said that it had to be this or half the Main Stand. I took from that that you were suggesting that it had to be one or the other.

A downside of relocating families into the west or main stands will obviously be the colourful language the young ones might need to be subjected to. Not saying we are a bunch of sweary folk but it is allowed in these areas , ( I never swear I go along with my good lady and she hates it). 

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

You said that it had to be this or half the Main Stand. I took from that that you were suggesting that it had to be one or the other.

I did since they were no way the club was going punt the signing boys from W6 and W7 and cut the bigots tickets from 2400 to 1600. I could have worded it better I admit.

6 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

A downside of relocating families into the west or main stands will obviously be the colourful language the young ones might need to be subjected to. Not saying we are a bunch of sweary folk but it is allowed in these areas , ( I never swear I go along with my good lady and she hates it). 

Nor do I Linwood. 

Maybe this will improve the  language used (I think it's improving) 

Well there’s also less of them. As the statement alludes too, that stand has always been practically empty for previous encounters with the bigot brothers.

No guarantees that would’ve still been the same, as that data would be three years old now. The feeling around the place is totally different now.

I’ll never be willing to accept that we HAVE to roll over and accept the Old Firm dollar just to compete. That’s why nothing ever changes for the benefit of Scottish football as a whole.

GLS talks about a six-figure sum - how much of that disappears to increased police and stewarding costs now away fans book-end the stadium?

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Would you rather i used selfish then caring more for their own opinion and themselves rather than the club benefiting as a whole.

Hardly selfish. I don't have a ST these days. I am thinking about the the club. I think it is counterproductive to potentially piss off the very section of our support who we will be relying on to safeguard the club's future.

2 minutes ago, codfish said:

No guarantees that would’ve still been the same, as that data would be three years old now. The feeling around the place is totally different now.

I’ll never be willing to accept that we HAVE to roll over and accept the Old Firm dollar just to compete. That’s why nothing ever changes for the benefit of Scottish football as a whole.

GLS talks about a six-figure sum - how much of that disappears to increased police and stewarding costs now away fans book-end the stadium?

This.

Absolutely this.

THIS was the very season to promote and incentivise... To fill three stands with Saints fans.

We almost did it at the end of the season.

With the unity and optomism created by Jack, I truly believe it was possible.

I guess we will never know.

The easy decision to make was made!

For full disclosure, this is the first season I’ve sat in the South Stand, along with my son (previously, I’d have been in the West, and non-plussed by this). Especially the last two home games, it was great seeing so many younger fans enjoy the experience - clubs like ours need to keep them on board to prosper, not accept that short term profit is the way forward.

I get it’s a business decision, but to talk about six figure sums (profit to invest in the squad) alongside a safe standing area (presumably funded from club funds) can’t stack up either.

The only thing I disagree with is that having the bigots behind both goals will give them much of an advantage. Yes, they will be behind both goals, but to counter that,  now the West is all-Saints and the new singing section remains in place. There were only a few of us v tons of them at Hampden in 2013 and we won. I don’t see this affecting our chances one bit. I don’t agree wih it, but that’s another argument.

Edited by pozbaird

So we get treated like crap at the OF grounds and we have generated a good feeling with the fans and the players all working together and the Boards decision is to roll out the red carpet give the OF more tickets than before and accept the bigot pound.  Certainly sounds like this fan ownership is going well and making sure our voice is heard. 

Will be interesting to see if the tickets are reduced by the equivalent of 3 or 4 OF games. Will be an indication of where the board expect us to be. 

Short sighted decision 

37 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

THIS was the very season to promote and incentivise... To fill three stands with Saints fans.

We almost did it at the end of the season.

With the unity and optomism created by Jack, I truly believe it was possible.

I guess we will never know.

The easy decision to make was made!

I share this view but having suggested this on the forum a number of times I have been shouted down. It looks like a number if those who have been saying that we couldn't do so have been listened to by the board. Still they seem to be unhappy. All I can say is I will be buying our season tickets as soon as they become available. Be slow and be prepared to miss out. Do feel for those in the South Stand and the kids we might have encouraged along who might now miss out.

Edited by St.Ricky

We will still have nearly 5000 seats for home fans and that will be more than enough. As I said at the beginning of this thread, we would start the season with teams around our size earing vast amount of more cash than us due to them giving lots more seats to them. I don't like it any more than anybody else, but say come January and we are in a dog fight at the bottom, would we not be happy at the extra ££££££££ from the bigots to assist us maybe getting better players in to keep us up ?