How many seats do the bigots get ?

We will still have nearly 5000 seats for home fans and that will be more than enough. As I said at the beginning of this thread, we would start the season with teams around our size earing vast amount of more cash than us due to them giving lots more seats to them. I don't like it any more than anybody else, but say come January and we are in a dog fight at the bottom, would we not be happy at the extra ££££££££ from the bigots to assist us maybe getting better players in to keep us up ?

Or we’re playing great football, having a successful season and have to turn away our own support to accommodate the Old Firm.

Spending more doesn’t guarantee quality - I still remember Mo Camara!

2 minutes ago, codfish said:

Or we’re playing great football, having a successful season and have to turn away our own support to accommodate the Old Firm.

Spending more doesn’t guarantee quality - I still remember Mo Camara!

That had never happen before and I don't see it ever happening. Remember large numbers of saints fans stay away when playing them for a number of reason. Maybe if we do fill our stands before we play any of them, the club could change it mind.

I'm sure someone on here will help me but I'm struggling with the supposed six figure sum we will get out of this. If we have three OF games that's 4500 tickets. £25 a ticket would be £112,500 but police costs will be significantly higher and reducing South stand season ticket prices will cut income. Potentially some fans won't renew tickets though guess this will be far fewer than the number that threaten not to.

Top six might give 4 home OF games but I would be concerned if we are basing our budget on a top six finish when Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts are likely to take five out of six spots.

Just a suggestion but since the decision has been made,....... Sell season tickets only for the Main and West Stand.  Keep the South Stand as a buy one game stand? 

This builds on the suggestion made byRenfrew

Edited by St.Ricky

That had never happen before and I don't see it ever happening. Remember large numbers of saints fans stay away when playing them for a number of reason. Maybe if we do fill our stands before we play any of them, the club could change it mind.
So why have we made no effort to promote filling them?

Last season, a lot was made about the benefits of selling additional West stand season tickets.

It was responded to and worked well.

Not one attempt has been made to build the support for the forthcoming season.

Fergie and his megaphone come to mind!

We are not tapping in fully to the potential of the new season.

8 minutes ago, andrew87 said:

I'm sure someone on here will help me but I'm struggling with the supposed six figure sum we will get out of this. If we have three OF games that's 4500 tickets. £25 a ticket would be £112,500 but police costs will be significantly higher and reducing South stand season ticket prices will cut income. Potentially some fans won't renew tickets though guess this will be far fewer than the number that threaten not to.

Top six might give 4 home OF games but I would be concerned if we are basing our budget on a top six finish when Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts are likely to take five out of six spots.

I think we went through these figures when the old board decided to give Rangers the family stand for the last game and exposed the myth then too. 

Remember your £25 is closer to £20 when you take off VAT and not all of them will be full price either and the figures come tumbling down even further. 

St Mirren welcomes families, unless there is a Bigot family wanting to see the game in which case you can sod off. 

New Board same as the old Board. 

Edited by DumboBud

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Last season, a lot was made about the benefits of selling additional West stand season tickets.

I remember Fergie driving about Ferguslie and wondering what the feck was going on , Now that was commitment to the supporters . The filling in the corners and standing areas were nice wee sweeteners.

I think we went through these figures when the old board decided to give Rangers the family stand for the last game and exposed the myth then too. 
Remember your £25 is closer to £20 when you take off VAT and not all of them will be full price either and the figures come tumbling down even further. 
St Mirren welcomes families, unless there is a Bigot family wanting to see the game in which case you can sod off. 
New Board same as the old Board. 
I used £25 as the maximum possible price to get over the magical £100k figure. I suppose there will be an increase in catering sales but I'm still struggling with the sums.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

We ?  Try asking Tony since surely that should be his job. The club could issue an challenge just like last season and say if we sell or are getting XXXX amount of fans into the home stands before we play 1 of the bigots, then they will only give them the 1 stand.

Club gets no additional income from catering sales. Contracted out.
Never realised that. Presumably the contractor pays us a fee to operate in the stadium and we can charge more based on a projected increase in sales? That said I wouldn't imagine any increase would be a huge sum of money

We ?  Try asking Tony since surely that should be his job. The club could issue an challenge just like last season and say if we sell or are getting XXXX amount of fans into the home stands before we play 1 of the bigots, then they will only give them the 1 stand.
By "we" I was primarily referring to the club.

TF and GLS should have been shouting from the rooftops about this being our perfect opportunity to support Jack snd the team, reclaiming our stadium as our home. Our fortress.

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

By "we" I was primarily referring to the club.

TF and GLS should have been shouting from the rooftops about this being our perfect opportunity to support Jack snd the team, reclaiming our stadium as our home. Our fortress.

Can't do anything but agree with this but again come back to the fact that forum fans own PR has been downbeat on this topic.  Many coukdnt or wouldn't / can't  or won't envisage a position where it would be difficult to get a ticket for a game in the coming season.  The board has listened to them.  The result is a compromise.  The same doubters are now unhappy with the board's solution.  Said earlier and say again that I would put season tickets on sale for both the Main and West Stand.  Once sold.. Sell the South Stand on game by game basis.  That means around 4500 season tickets.  Leaves room for home fans  to come on an hoc basis without moving people about. 

Some overreaction here, like I said previously I generally sit in the south stand and I like many others don't attend the bigot games, but as far as I am aware we are only giving the south stand for the bigot games when attendances in the south stand are down anyway. There is no reason why we couldn't still promote and sell out the stand for other less uncomfortable and unpalatable games.

Cant say im over the moon about this decision but i do understand the business argument . 

If we had the money to do it , i would love to see us give the North Stand AT MOST to both the horrible cnuts but money talks. Glad to see the W7 Guys given the guarantee of continuing the singing section, would be great if we could have that whole section given over to safe standing . Lets hope they have plenty to sing about next year .

24 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Some overreaction here, like I said previously I generally sit in the south stand and I like many others don't attend the bigot games, but as far as I am aware we are only giving the south stand for the bigot games when attendances in the south stand are down anyway. There is no reason why we couldn't still promote and sell out the stand for other less uncomfortable and unpalatable games.

Question: Hypothetical for now: What happens to people who have tickets for the South Stand if the Main and West Stand sell out their season tickets? 

Are they just automatically excluded from the OF games? 

There are 5 adults and 4 kids in our family using the family stand.  Admittedly we had no intention of taking the kids to games against either of the bigot bothers, but were intending to go to the games as a group.  What are the chances of us obtaining 5 seats together in the west stand if the season ticket sales for there are high?  

Not overly fussed about the Old Firm getting both stands behind the goal although I can certainly understand the frustration of those getting moved.

The thing that will frustrate me the most is if my season ticket price sky rockets to subsidise the cheaper south stand tickets. Regardless of the extra 100k being brought in.

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

THIS was the very season to promote and incentivise... To fill three stands with Saints fans.

We almost did it at the end of the season.

With the unity and optomism created by Jack, I truly believe it was possible.

I guess we will never know.

The easy decision to make was made!

You are talking as if  we have never been in the premier league before. 

I assume you can remember back to when we were in the premier league and you'll know exactly the type of attendances we get. 

Even if you are referring to the optimism on the back of a title win. There was optimism on the back of the last title win in 06 as well as a higher average attendance throughout our title winning season than this season.

We just don't fill the 3 stands with saints fans against the OF and never have. This is fact, based on the 9 years we experienced it. 

Why were SMISA members not consulted on this at the very least?

How about trying to boost season tickets sales and looking at other sources of income through stand and stadium sponsorship?

SMISA agree to part-fund the 3G pitch at Ralston dipping in to ring-fenced monies and don’t get a say on our matchday experience!!

You are talking as if  we have never been in the premier league before. 
I assume you can remember back to when we were in the premier league and you'll know exactly the type of attendances we get. 
Even if you are referring to the optimism on the back of a title win. There was optimism on the back of the last title win in 06 as well as a higher average attendance throughout our title winning season than this season.
We just don't fill the 3 stands with saints fans against the OF and never have. This is fact, based on the 9 years we experienced it. 

I have followed Saints regularly since the 70's and truly believe that for the first time since Fergie, we are potentially on the threshold of something very special.

Something that surpasses our last few experiences in the top league.

Ricky, I know you have a glass overflowing view of ticket sales, I'm not happy about the bigot situation but we are talking about 4 games which from previous experience some fans like me steer clear of we are not yet in a situation where we are locking out our own fans. Extrapolating your enthusiasm what happens if the fans who went to the cup final in 87 all want to attend? Supply and demand, if we can fit our own fans in the stadium while taking the pay day in season 1 it might give us the chance of a second season or more. If that is the case then we may yet be able to restroct them to the north stand. So far we are talking about next season not in perpetuity.

There are 5 adults and 4 kids in our family using the family stand.  Admittedly we had no intention of taking the kids to games against either of the bigot bothers, but were intending to go to the games as a group.  What are the chances of us obtaining 5 seats together in the west stand if the season ticket sales for there are high?  
West Stand hold around 2700 I think and we sold just 1000 ST last season so I don't think you would have a problem. Always plenty of empty seats together in W1.

If you have no intention of going to old firm games then your season ticket will be cheaper in the south stand should not affect you at all.