How many seats do the bigots get ?

The way to resolve this is to sell out the South stand with season ticket holders during the summer, unfortunately this isn’t likely to happen. We rarely sell out the ground and with a tougher season ahead crowds are not likely to increase beyond this seasons average of 4,500.

I believe this is the correct decision from the board although I’m not sure how the policing outside will work with opposing supporters potentially passing each other. Eg. I park on Murray Street, go to the 1877 club before/after games and sit in West stand?

I don’t believe it’s financially prudent to let the South Stand sit half empty for these games, it would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. I also don’t believe that all families or supporters actually go to the games involving the bigot brothers as the atmosphere is one that they chose to avoid. I do feel sorry for them having to move but it’s potentially only 3 games. These will undoubtedly be moved to stupid o’clock for Sky/BT and even be on a Sunday, therefore even less appealing. Finally moving to the West stand wouldn’t be all that bad.....my wife took my youngest to the “family stand” once (me and my eldest are in the West stand) and had to ask an elderly supporter to refrain from using the “C” word! This was during the dark days of Rae so almost understandable[emoji3]

Those we sit in the Family Stand are rightly pissed off and those who don't sit in the Family Stand don't see what the fuss is about.

I hate giving the Glasgow arse cheeks any priority over our own fans in any shape or form. This is what's happened.

Disappointed.

44 minutes ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Why were SMISA members not consulted on this at the very least?

How about trying to boost season tickets sales and looking at other sources of income through stand and stadium sponsorship?

SMISA agree to part-fund the 3G pitch at Ralston dipping in to ring-fenced monies and don’t get a say on our matchday experience!!

Agreed.

It would have been relatively straightforward to consult SMiSA members and ST holders. Out of courtesy if nothing else.

Absolute shitfest of wankup in sceptic pish of a decision.

We're on our way, one town one team, in this together.....that is until a few quid gets thrown at us.   

So kids we would love to see y'all at the paisley 2010, come on down kiddies,  your so welcome toddlers, kids and teenagers alike.  Come on young un's and support your local team...oh hang on a few bigot quid is to be made, sorry kids get yersels tae buggery.  Oh do come please when we play lesser teams not but when we play the important ones who sell tickets to bigots, on those days you can hand around a street corner, we have bigots to pander to.

Annoyed and ashamed, annoyed and ashamed indeed.

23 minutes ago, Buffs said:

Those we sit in the Family Stand are rightly pissed off and those who don't sit in the Family Stand don't see what the fuss is about.

I hate giving the Glasgow arse cheeks any priority over our own fans in any shape or form. This is what's happened.

Disappointed.

Sadly, other than simply allocating them the North stand only, there is no way that all fans are going to be kept happy.

In this day and age, as abhorrent as it may seem, we need to populate a sizeable proportion of our stadium  with them, simply to keep up with our competitors financially. Rose tinted view of football today if you believe otherwise.

If they'd made the first few sections of the main stand available to them, one of which I sit in, TBH I wouldn't have been too bothered having to sit elsewhere for three games. Having said that I can fully understand why you are disappointed and fully sympathise with the fact that you're being moved.

Maybe you could leave them some "surprises". I'd recommend reading some back issues of the Dandy and Beano if you require any inspiration.:D

Edited by FTOF

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Sadly, other than simply allocating them the North stand only, there is no way that all fans are going to be kept happy.

In this day and age, as abhorrent as it may seem, we need to populate a sizeable proportion of our stadium  with them, simply to keep up with our competitors financially. Rose tinted view of football today if you believe otherwise.

If they'd made the first few sections of the main stand available to them, one of which I sit in, TBH I wouldn't have been too bothered having to sit elsewhere for three games. Having said that I can fully understand why you are disappointed and fully sympathise with the fact that you're being moved.

Maybe you could leave them some "surprises". I'd recommend reading some back issues of the Dandy and Beano if you require any inspiration.:D

BOO!

What happened to FTOF?

Sell-out! BOO! :P

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

The extra revenue could be worth the equivalent of a new player. Granted it feels a bit like a criminal injuries reward, but it will still come in handy.

That assumes that the figures stack up.

It would be interesting to know how much extra it will cost the club to police/steward this arrangement. The reduced cost STs also need to be factored in.

There will also be pay as you go punters who might have sat in the South Stand deciding to stay away, as they don't want to sit in W1 and W2 right next to the bigots.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

That assumes that the figures stack up.

It would be interesting to know how much extra it will cost the club to police/steward this arrangement. The reduced cost STs also need to be factored in.

There will also be pay as you go punters who might have sat in the South Stand deciding to stay away, as they don't want to sit in W1 and W2 right next to the bigots.

I'd imagine the board must think it's cost affective given the upheaval it causes for our supporters. 

On the same subject and slightly hypothetically speaking- what will happen if we're having the season of seasons and the demand for tickets outweighs what the club can give the home support. Will they be turning away supporters? 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

I'd imagine the board must think it's cost affective given the upheaval it causes for our supporters. 

On the same subject and slightly hypothetically speaking- what will happen if we're having the season of seasons and the demand for tickets outweighs what the club can give the home support. Will they be turning away supporters? 

My point exactly on this and other threads. 

32 minutes ago, munoz said:

The best action the club could take here would be to hold the South stand tickets and start of with giving Saints Main/West and Bigots the away end. See how well we are selling tickets before handing the Stand over. Then if we aren't likely to make the sales, hand it to the Bigots providing they've sold the away end through first.

1 hour ago, Buffs said:

Those we sit in the Family Stand are rightly pissed off 

Why are they pissed off?

They have previously  paid fo a ST which includes games against the bigot brothers but, for reasons known to themselves, don't attend.

Much better to offer  ST at a discounted rate and,if they choose to attend the games vs the bigots, they are free to do so...or not.

41 minutes ago, munoz said:

Nope, we'll just do what Hibs have done and cut their allocation.

For these games the club will have to make some form of arrangement where, for a limited period when tickets go on sale,, they are only sold to South Stand season ticket holders.

Then and only then, opening up ticket sales for everyone else. So ensuring no South Standers lose out on getting an alternative seat, as these games will undoubtedly attract more punters who

would probably sit in West And Main stands rather than South.

So much for promoting family friendly pre match entertainment.

What about car park segregation ?  Just Saying.    

Don't want to find out car park has been filled out by them before I arrive!

18 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Why are they pissed off?

They have previously  paid fo a ST which includes games against the bigot brothers but, for reasons known to themselves, don't attend.

Much better to offer  ST at a discounted rate and,if they choose to attend the games vs the bigots, they are free to do so...or not.

Would that argument apply to W5/W6 ST holders?

I doubt it.

I know folks who have STs in the West Stand who don't attend matches against the bigots. Yet that doesn't seem to come into the equation.

Just wait to the W7 boys experience the policing in the lead up to and the actual OF games. Through no fault of their own they will be targeted for strong arm policing. 

Given this decision to screw one set of fans over I very much doubt the board and the fans reps will have the backbone to stand up for them either. 

One town one team, we are on our way......until the OF come calling. 

5 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

So why have we made no effort to promote filling them?

Last season, a lot was made about the benefits of selling additional West stand season tickets.

It was responded to and worked well.

Not one attempt has been made to build the support for the forthcoming season.

Fergie and his megaphone come to mind!

We are not tapping in fully to the potential of the new season.

I don't know why, ask Scott and Tony. If they only got the 1 stand then without a doubt they would have bought tickets for our stands. Throwing a few out wouldn't be a problem but trying to throw dozens of them out would be. The amount of police that would be required inside the ground would be scary.

2 hours ago, munoz said:

We played them at home 3 times a season for 9 years (at least without  including cup games) and didn't come even close to selling out the home end at any point. I think that sample size of 27/27 is a good enough indicator to the way it's going to pan out.

If everybody that is upset about the moving of seats spends time persuading "lapsed buddies" that they should buy a seasy then hopefully we sell too many for them to be able to move our crowd. Come on buddies you know the answer let's back the club and sell more season tickets.

Guest TPAFKATS
We played them at home 3 times a season for 9 years (at least without  including cup games) and didn't come even close to selling out the home end at any point. I think that sample size of 27/27 is a good enough indicator to the way it's going to pan out.
Everyone of those 9 live on tv

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
16 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Everyone of those 9 live on tv

And every one will continue to be on TV.