How many seats do the bigots get ?

3 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Hopefully, the majority of the 5500-6000  Buddies that were there on Saturday return clutching season tickets next season.

Despite living in London and only getting to 1 or 2 home games a season, I'll quite happily invest in a season ticket for the West Stand next season if it helps keeps the gruesome twosome in the north stand only. Will likely buy my son one too.

Could this be a possible route to some extra ST sales ?  Perhaps other far flung buddies like Graeme would sign up to this if there was some sort of recognition of there loyalty and show of gratitude if and when they did attend - a pre match tour incl. home dressing room, or maybe a day pass for the 1877 club, or bar access in hospitality suite, etc, etc., 

2 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Could this be a possible route to some extra ST sales ?  Perhaps other far flung buddies like Graeme would sign up to this if there was some sort of recognition of there loyalty and show of gratitude if and when they did attend - a pre match tour incl. home dressing room, or maybe a day pass for the 1877 club, or bar access in hospitality suite, etc, etc., 

Good idea. Just needs a snappy name...

Cockney Uptake New Ticket Sales

Scottish Premier League Attendances Continue to rise. Teams now routinely count tickets sold as the attendance figures. The only club in the top two divisions who don't do this apparently in the two top leagues is Dundee United. Season Ticket sales are of increasing importance to clubs for a variety of reasons, the first and most obvious is to provide up front funding for the club with consequent add on to sponsorship and marketing activities. People have pointed out the move from Love Street has reduced our capacity for both home and in this context away fans. This makes increasing the number of home fans who attend games even more important than in the past. 

A number of Celtic, Rangers and I believe Hibs and Hearts fans "share" the seat purchased as a season ticket much in the way that some of us passed on our season ticket if we couldn't make it along to the last two or three games at home this season. I guess my point is that times are changing. Fans are coming back to football. A lot of work has gone into this including the SLO's at the club. Encouraging young fans to come along is important and a number of clubs have Nominal or Zero Cost Season Tickets for Children. Saints efforts here have been excellent.

The figures below show average attendances as at 26 March. I see no reason why Saints can't be the 6th best supported club in season 2018/2019. Selling 5,000 season tickets would be a great start and immediately sorts out the question posed by this thread. Get your ticket early or risk missing out. And all of this for under the price of 2 Pints of Beer a week.

DZNxfgpWkAAIrhU.jpg
5:40 AM - 26 Mar 2018
Edited by St.Ricky

5 hours ago, aldo_j said:

You couldn’t move them to M1 & M2 because of the disabled platform, so it’s likely to be the family stand if anything.

difficult one, but as the OP highlighted there is significant money to be made. Christ, if we hadn’t given Rangers the family stand way back, we might not have been able to afford sacking Rae :lol:

Don't see that the disabled section in the Main would be a barrier to selling tickets there, subject to the correct segregation and security. Pretty sure the fake saints have a disabled section in their main stand and have sold tickets to visiting fans in there.

The problem with giving up the family stand, other asking them to move to other stands and losing the family friendly atmosphere, is that having away fans at both ends of the ground won't be ideal from a segregation point of view for entry and exit. Having them in North end of West or Main stands allows for them to ushered in one general direction.

Edited to add - My personal view is that we should not segregated W5/6/7 as the matchday experience has dramatically improved this season and we don't need to cram all the Saints support into less than half the space underneath. A solution has to be found to allow segregation of North and Main to allow more flexibility, for our benefit as much as opposition... do we really need to open a stand for teams bringing circa 100-200?

Edited by madball
update

43 minutes ago, madball said:

Don't see that the disabled section in the Main would be a barrier to selling tickets there, subject to the correct segregation and security. Pretty sure the fake saints have a disabled section in their main stand and have sold tickets to visiting fans in there.

The problem with giving up the family stand, other asking them to move to other stands and losing the family friendly atmosphere, is that having away fans at both ends of the ground won't be ideal from a segregation point of view for entry and exit. Having them in North end of West or Main stands allows for them to ushered in one general direction.

Edited to add - My personal view is that we should not segregated W5/6/7 as the matchday experience has dramatically improved this season and we don't need to cram all the Saints support into less than half the space underneath. A solution has to be found to allow segregation of North and Main to allow more flexibility, for our benefit as much as opposition... do we really need to open a stand for teams bringing circa 100-200?

They all stand up. Less about segregation and more about blocking the view from the disabled platform.

47 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Teams now routinely count tickets sold as the attendance figures. The only club in the top two divisions who don't do this apparently in the two top leagues is Dundee United.

I don't believe Saints do this and report the attendance as just that, actual attendees.

1 hour ago, sally02 said:

It's been mentioned at AGMs before that many people already do this.

They live down south or abroad but buy a season ticket every year to still give their money despite never attending games.

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

My take entirely.  

Dundee have already sold 700 + season tickets for next season. 

Time to strike when the iron is hot Saints. 

Note to the board... Put W7 Seats up for sale now to allow that group to ensure their place in the stadium. 

Dundee walk up prices for next season are  £30 for Premium games, £26 for Cat A and Cat B £24 so that is maybe why that have sold 700.  What Dundee fan are going to pay £30 on the day to watch them play 1 of the bigots since the game would likely be on telly  ?  Dundee seem to be assuming that there is no chance of them going down :lol:

5 hours ago, HSS said:

A lot of folk using £20 as a figure to get in next season.It'll be a few quid more than that.

I used only £20 as an average since kids and oap prices would be cheaper. Dundee are going to charge them £30   :lol:

20 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Dundee walk up prices for next season are  £30 for Premium games, £26 for Cat A and Cat B £24 so that is maybe why that have sold 700.  What Dundee fan are going to pay £30 on the day to watch them play 1 of the bigots since the game would likely be on telly  ?  Dundee seem to be assuming that there is no chance of them going down :lol:

You are right that they seem to be assuming that they are not going down.  Prices for the top league for walk up prices vary quite a lot ...from 18 pounds up to 30 pounds but most seem to be in the range that you mention for Dundee.  24, 26 & 30 Pounds.

Season tickets look to be increasingly good value!

Is there any other club in Scotland already selling STs apart from Dundee? I find it strange to see them selling when they don't have a clue what league they will feature in next season.

700+ shocked me at first but thinking about it, loyal fans won't care what league they will be in when buying a ST. If we did this and I lived locally I'd snap up mines early as well regardless of the relegation threat.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Has there ever been so many posts about seats, attendances, empty seats, sold out games, projected attendances, season tickets, prices etc? :rolleyes:

Naw, I'll start a Thread. :byebye

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Scottish Premier League Attendances Continue to rise. 

DZNxfgpWkAAIrhU.jpg
5:40 AM - 26 Mar 2018

Much of that increase will be due to Hibs having a far larger support than ICT? :nerd 

10 Inverness CT Inverness CT 67.139 17 3.949

15 home games for Hibs instead of ICT would (in theory) add 213,035 changing the increase to 1.58% of the total, throw in 16 away differentials and any increase would be minimal. 

Image result for apples and oranges

Edited by Bud the Baker

Sell enough home tickets then there is no argument.

If we have 500 extra season tickets on top of last season along with more pay at the gate then id be confident of 5000 home fans at least at every game. OF games pay at the gate should fill most of the rest of the home end.

We will have BT/Sky cash to cover the costs and then some.

No argument. North stand only! May this pish now be shifted.

9 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

If we have 500 extra season tickets on top of last season along with more pay at the gate then id be confident of 5000 home fans at least at every game. OF games pay at the gate should fill most of the rest of the home end.

Not a hope. :lol:

Care to bet? :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Much of that increase will be due to Hibs having a far larger support than ICT? :nerd 

15 home games for Hibs instead of ICT would (in theory) add 213,035 changing the increase to 1.58% of the total, throw in 16 away differentials and any increase would be minimal. 

Image result for apples and oranges

Apples. If you look ICT doesnt feature in either list. Now for next seasone Take away Ross County and Hamilton. Add St Mirren and either United or Dunfermline and there will be further growth. Getting close to the Optimal top 12 in my opinion. Take away St Johnstone and add in Dunfermline or Falkirk and we would be there. Bringing in kids is key to building a future audience.

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Pears. Take away Ross County and Hamilton. Add St Mirren and either United or Dunfermline and there will be further growth. Getting close to the Optimal top 12 in my opinion. Take away St Johnstone and add in Dunfermline or Falkirk and we would be there. Bringing in kids is key to building a future audience.

You've added Dunfermline twice. :wacko:

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

You've added Dunfermline twice. :wacko:

No....they are alternative...either United or Dunfermline. Also Bud...see my edit.  ICT don't feature in either of the lists as they show the current top 12 compared to the same period for those teams from the year before......I know Hibs moved up. 

Edited by St.Ricky

You do know that all the other teams in the league will also have BT/Sky cash ?