Bute Feast 2018

Good line up this year with much more bands to be confirmed. The venue will be moved from Rothesay town out to the great setting at  Ettrick Bay  in the field right next to the sandy beach. Transport will be running back and forth to the festival from the town. The festival has been growing year by year and is very family orientated.There are three stages plus a small stage at the camp fire. Lots of things are laid on for kids including a large cinema tent. There are also entertainers who walk about the site and there is a disco tent for children Have been to all the festivals so far  and it just gets better and better. A lot of thought and planning is put into this festival. The link is the line up so far.  

Car & Passenger return £28.00

Foot Passenger return £6.00

Wemyss Bay trains link with all ferry's

https://www.skiddle.com/festivals/ButeFest/lineup.html

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Along with Bread, Cream, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The Smashing Pumpkins.

If mainstream music is your thing then I'm sure you will find a large festival that is the same from north to south played to death  also on main stream commercial radio and TV backed up by background supermarket music. last year a band called the RPM's blew me away at Bute Feast they are now in the running for awards. Having seen live Pink Floyd to Yes, Rush , Red Hot Chilli Peppers and lots between can tell you King Creosote are one of the best live bands to come out of Scotland. Doggie MacLean has written some amazing songs  but you might not of heard of them simply because they are not on major record labels so don't have the funds for back handers to get the air play on commercial airwaves . King Creosote was invited to do an album which he did in one of the biggest names in electronic dance music. They also was asked to write music for a BBC documentary on a Scottish history documentary. Never mind mainstream music can keep the feet tapping makes one wonder how if your not backed by music entrepreneurs you are looked upon by the deaf just how to make big sales so such music fans like yourself can hear them. 

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Rumours of Portree supposedly hosting it’s own answer to Bute Feast, but that’s just Pie in the Skye.

Been to it twice Poz its good as are most small festivals but Bute Fest is far superior you don't get locals pissed out their heads wanting to fight you like me and my mates experienced plus Sky festival is not family friendly as Bute Feast or as organised.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

If mainstream music is your thing then I'm sure you will find a large festival that is the same from north to south played to death  also on main stream commercial radio and TV backed up by background supermarket music. last year a band called the RPM's blew me away at Bute Feast they are now in the running for awards. Having seen live Pink Floyd to Yes, Rush , Red Hot Chilli Peppers and lots between can tell you King Creosote are one of the best live bands to come out of Scotland. Doggie MacLean has written some amazing songs  but you might not of heard of them simply because they are not on major record labels so don't have the funds for back handers to get the air play on commercial airwaves . King Creosote was invited to do an album which he did in one of the biggest names in electronic dance music. They also was asked to write music for a BBC documentary on a Scottish history documentary. Never mind mainstream music can keep the feet tapping makes one wonder how if your not backed by music entrepreneurs you are looked upon by the deaf just how to make big sales so such music fans like yourself can hear them. 

Chill and have a look at your thread title, IOBS, they're punning on it aka ripping the pish.

I was in Anstruther for my birthday weekend 6 years ago and went to one of the pubs for an open mic session, one guy really stood out. Stopped at Harthill on the way home on the Sunday and bought the Herald with a free Celtic Connections CD. That was when we realised we'd just seen King Creosote (Kenny Anderson) live...

Been to it twice Pox its good as are most small festivals but Bute Feast is far superior you don't get locals pissed out their heads wanting to fight you like me and my mates experienced plus Sky festival is not family friendly as Bute Feast or as organised.  

Pox? He was all over your typo like a rash but that seem a bit harsh...

????????????

3 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Pox? He was all over your typo like a rash but that seem a bit harsh...

It was a typo mistake which I will correct. My passion for Bute Fest  boiled over there . Bute Fest has been running for four years at a loss next year it is hoped to be in profit there is a team who work all year in their spare time for nothing to get this festival up and running. It's these kinds of events that keep businesses alive on the Island by bringing people to the island having opened a shop myself I get an understating how important it is. There are lots of events through out the summer. LBGT , Mods ,Bikers , Jazz and so on weekends many businesses would fold if it were not for events. A coup is Donald Campbell"s Bluebird which he died in has been salvaged from an English lake and rebuilt is coming to Bute in August to run on Loch Fad Bluebird hit speeds of 276 miles per hour huge crowds are expected for this also. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

It was a typo mistake which I will correct. My passion for Bute Fest  boiled over there . Bute Fest has been running for four years at a loss next year it is hoped to be in profit there is a team who work all year in their spare time for nothing to get this festival up and running. It's these kinds of events that keep businesses alive on the Island by bringing people to the island having opened a shop myself I get an understating how important it is. There are lots of events through out the summer. LBGT , Mods ,Bikers , Jazz and so on weekends many businesses would fold if it were not for events. A coup is Donald Campbell"s Bluebird which he died in has been salvaged from an English lake and rebuilt is coming to Bute in August to run on Loch Fad Bluebird hit speeds of 276 miles per hour huge crowds are expected for this also. 
I think we all got your passion, mate, nice to see that some still feel that way.

I have to admit that, for me, anyway, Kenny Anderson and Dougie MacLean are good enough reasons on their own for going to the Fest, never mind both of them.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

to resurrect an old joke, Is did they also get Donald's timex working?

As it isn't running the same weekend as "TMF" this year I may well pop over IoBS.

I've seen Skipinnish, Roddy Woomble, The Hoosiers and Dougie MacLean at festivals in the last year and all were excellent. I'll probably wait to see who a few more of the acts are before making a final decision..........does it usually sell out or are there tickets usually available at the time of the festival?

I live in Inverkip so it's just a walk to the ferry terminal and onto the ferry for me so I'd definitely head over if the weather is decent....maybe see you there!!

So is it, or is it no... a huge nose bag opportunity..? I like the idea of a Bute Feast...

Headlining the Bake Off stage this year... 

Manic Street Food Pizzas

Stiff Little Fish Fingers

Big Country Cheddar

Sham 69, and two number 23,s and a portion of chips

Swing Out Sister- and stick the kettle on

Hot Chocolate

A Flock of Seagulls (Cantonese Style)

your compere is Tim Curry 

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

As it isn't running the same weekend as "TMF" this year I may well pop over IoBS.

I've seen Skipinnish, Roddy Woomble, The Hoosiers and Dougie MacLean at festivals in the last year and all were excellent. I'll probably wait to see who a few more of the acts are before making a final decision..........does it usually sell out or are there tickets usually available at the time of the festival?

I live in Inverkip so it's just a walk to the ferry terminal and onto the ferry for me so I'd definitely head over if the weather is decent....maybe see you there!!

Yes you can buy tickets on the day Wee Bud if you have not seen King Creosote I would mark them down as unmissable they are a big band who sound better live than on record. The PA system used is truly excellent at the main stage a cut above the norm. I will be there at night for sure will have a pint with you.  Have a coffee shop on Victoria Street on the front its called Ambiance pop in and say hello if you are ever over I'm Ian. Have been in the Bistro at the Kip good food for the price. Also been in the great bar of the hotel just along the road with its great choices of whisky. Did you know the bar at the station is owned by a Saints fan he attends home games. 

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yes you can buy tickets on the day Wee Bud if you have not seen King Creosote I would mark them down as unmissable they are a big band who sound better live than on record. The PA system used is truly excellent at the main stage a cut above the norm. I will be there at night for sure will have a pint with you.  Have a coffee shop on Victoria Street on the front its called Ambiance pop in and say hello if you are ever over I'm Ian. Have been in the Bistro at the Kip good food for the price. Also been in the great bar of the hotel just along the road with its great choices of whisky. Did you know the bar at the station is owned by a Saints fan he attends home games. 

That's good news Ian, I've just run it past the good lady and she thinks popping over for the festival is a great idea.

I love the Bistro and the food is very good....the hotel is our hostelry of choice most Friday evenings and occasional other days, the food in there is excellent too and the dining room (usually open on Friday and Saturday evenings) is a great environment for a meal out.

Pop into the Station Bar every now and again as my pal lives across the road from there but never had a blether about the football with the owner, I will next time though. I'll also pop in and say hi the next time I'm across in Rothesay, Ally

20 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

That's good news Ian, I've just run it past the good lady and she thinks popping over for the festival is a great idea.

I love the Bistro and the food is very good....the hotel is our hostelry of choice most Friday evenings and occasional other days, the food in there is excellent too and the dining room (usually open on Friday and Saturday evenings) is a great environment for a meal out.

Pop into the Station Bar every now and again as my pal lives across the road from there but never had a blether about the football with the owner, I will next time though. I'll also pop in and say hi the next time I'm across in Rothesay, Ally

The locals at the bar were very welcoming chatting away to me I'm sure one of the girls said she was a cook at the hotel and worked at the Bistro before that. Yes Bistro food is good been there and recommend it to some people over here who ended up saying it was good. Look forward to meeting you in the future. 

• 3 weeks later...