Jack Ross

2 minutes ago, bonzoboys said:

I don’t know if they are obliged to include players and managers from the lower leagues, but isn’t it a great compliment to our club’s season to see Jack, Lewis and Cammy getting recognition nationally and from their peers. 

Irrespective of the outcomes, we are all proud of what they achieved for us.

Exactly. :clapping

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Is it? :blink:

Who had the most resources in the Championship this season?

It's a major factor but not as easy as that, unless you're simple. :rolleyes:

Not us. 

But we had by far the best Manager. 

If BB Brendan had been our Boss , we might have made the play offs, nothing more. 

Brendan with Celtic had more resources than all other Clubs combined. 

Dundee United didnae. 

Just now, shull said:

Not us. 

But we had by far the best Manager. 

If BB Brendan had been our Boss , we might have made the play offs, nothing more. 

Brendan with Celtic had more resources than all other Clubs combined. 

Dundee United didnae. 

Eh?

You said it's ALL about resources?

Dundee Utd, according to your thinking, should have won the league.

It's not ALL about resources but, obviously, it's a factor.

It does say a lot for us that we did win the league and IF Celtic win the treble again it will be quite an achievement.

You can't have it both ways ya trumpet. :byebye

Tam Cowan thinks Danny Lennon would have been a decent shout. 

I agree, the wee Saints Legend has done a great job at Clyde 

I doubt, Boring Boring Brendan would have done the same. 

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Ok... as much as i love my own team and think Jack Ross is a legend, if Brendan Rodgers doesn't win it despite probably winning back to back trebles the yer all having a laugh!

Alex Rae could win the Treble with Celtic. 

They have more resources than the rest of Scottish Football combined. 

Give Boring Boring Brendan a Season at Brechin City and we'll see how much he achieves. 

12 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Ok... as much as i love my own team and think Jack Ross is a legend, if Brendan Rodgers doesn't win it despite probably winning back to back trebles the yer all having a laugh!

I'm certainly having a laugh, but it's at your post, mate.

The very least Rodgers should be achieving given the resources he has at his disposal is a clean sweep of domestic honours.

He should be judged on his success in Europe....

Edited by Drew

3 hours ago, StuD said:

And if things don't go St Mirrens way you could be going up having suffered 8 league defeats - one of the worst records for the winners of this league since the days of 44 fixtures in a season. Also heavily beaten by Partick Thistle and Aberdeen in the cups.

We are already 3 points better off than the final total Hibs achieved last season. I'd say points tally is a more important stat to look at.

8 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Any Celtic manager can sign any players in Scotland that they want as Celtic's weekly wage bill equals all the other Clubs combined (profit in 2017 was £7 million, Aberdeen's was £500,000). They sign the best in Scotland thereby weakening the opposition and they do not even play them. Possibly Aberdeen's best player this season was Ryan Christie of Celtic. And he cannot play against Celtic in any game. I am sure Aberdeen wish they still had Johnny Hayes however he is playing for Celtic's Development team. Same with Scott Allen at Hibs who cannot play against his parent club Celtic. So clubs 2 and 4 in the League have Celtic players as among their best players but they cannot play against Celtic. Great if you are Celtic.

I like Brendan Rodgers but it takes little effort to win a Scottish competition if you are manager of Celtic with unlimited funds and where the dice are loaded.

8 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

We are already 3 points better off than the final total Hibs achieved last season. I'd say points tally is a more important stat to look at.

Yep, and won 4 more matches than Hibs too. But no-one on here was claiming that Neil Lennon should be manager of the year last year either. 

Jack Ross has done well. There's no argument about that. But he's done well with a side that has the second highest playing budget in the division - 3rd highest last season.  Yet despite that over the course of the season St Mirren have been beaten by Livingston x 2, Partick, Morton, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Dundee United x 2, Dumbarton, Aberdeen, and Falkirk and in some of those matches St Mirren have been absolutely hammered. 

Personally I think Neil Lennon or Stevie Clarke deserve the award this year. Clarke has turned around a sinking club and done an incredible job, Lennon has turned around Hibs over a much longer period and he's kept the momentum going this season. 

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

Yep, and won 4 more matches than Hibs too. But no-one on here was claiming that Neil Lennon should be manager of the year last year either. 

Jack Ross has done well. There's no argument about that. But he's done well with a side that has the second highest playing budget in the division - 3rd highest last season.  Yet despite that over the course of the season St Mirren have been beaten by Livingston x 2, Partick, Morton, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Dundee United x 2, Dumbarton, Aberdeen, and Falkirk and in some of those matches St Mirren have been absolutely hammered. 

Personally I think Neil Lennon or Stevie Clarke deserve the award this year. Clarke has turned around a sinking club and done an incredible job, Lennon has turned around Hibs over a much longer period and he's kept the momentum going this season. 

2nd highest i seriously doubt

Considering we lost out a player to Falkirk

ICT money from the top league

Dumfermline i would say level

Your jealousy is staggering, Ross inherited an utter shambles to turn around to runaway leaders is decent

Clarke has done the same turned around a shambles but Rogers who hasn't won his one team league yet.

Europe another shambles again with real pumpings handed out

Lennon a decent job but Hibs have got decent resources compared to many in the league

Robinson should have been considered especially if they win the Scottish not beyond them

49 minutes ago, Drew said:

The very least Rodgers should be achieving given the resources he has at his disposal is a clean sweep of domestic honours.

Unfair to judge Rodgers on European success. When they get pumped out, it’s because the standard of opposition they face domestically every week is weak, so Celtic are always ill-prepared to face the bigger fish in the European pond. So, it’s our fault, not Brendan Rodgers fault. Get it sorted Ross, McInnes, Clarke, Levein.... wait a minute. They can’t sort it. If Celtic want Lewis Morgan, they just get him. If they wanted Jonny Hayes, they just got him. If they wanted Mackay-Steven, Armstrong and Ciftci, they just got them. If they want John McGinn..... 

Edited by pozbaird

21 minutes ago, StuD said:

I thought you weren't posting anywhere in the forum other than the SMiSA thread?

YOU PROMISED!!!!

Celtic can only beat what’s in front of them. Same as us this season. I’m no lover of the old firm but it’s a certainty Rodgers will get manager of the year.

Any Celtic manager can sign any players in Scotland that they want as Celtic's weekly wage bill equals all the other Clubs combined (profit in 2017 was £7 million, Aberdeen's was £500,000). They sign the best in Scotland thereby weakening the opposition and they do not even play them. Possibly Aberdeen's best player this season was Ryan Christie of Celtic. And he cannot play against Celtic in any game. I am sure Aberdeen wish they still had Johnny Hayes however he is playing for Celtic's Development team. Same with Scott Allen at Hibs who cannot play against his parent club Celtic. So clubs 2 and 4 in the League have Celtic players as among their best players but they cannot play against Celtic. Great if you are Celtic.
I like Brendan Rodgers but it takes little effort to win a Scottish competition if you are manager of Celtic with unlimited funds and where the dice are loaded.

Other teams should at least be challenging in one off games like the 2 cups. Fair enough they are a stick on for the league considering their abundance of resources.

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

Other teams should at least be challenging in one off games like the 2 cups. Fair enough they are a stick on for the league considering their abundance of resources.

Motherwell challenged them in one-off cup games - right up until the referee sorted it for the OF team.

The rest of Scottish football cannot seriously challenge them. It’s not a fair fight. Manager of the year for Clarke or Lennon? I can see the case. Rodgers? Just no.

Motherwell challenged them in one-off cup games - right up until the referee sorted it for the OF team.
The rest of Scottish football cannot seriously challenge them. It’s not a fair fight. Manager of the year for Clarke or Lennon? I can see the case. Rodgers? Just no.

I can accept the other 2 have a shout but let’s face it Rodgers will win it.

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I can accept the other 2 have a shout but let’s face it Rodgers will win it.

He’ll win the treble, the manager of the year, and most likely, the Eurovision Song Contest, after Dermott Desmond told him to sign the best singers from Sweden, Australia, France, Germany, and sit them on his bench, once more, rendering any opposition to ra’ Sellik completely toothless.

Edited by pozbaird

He’ll win the treble, the manager of the year, and most likely, the Eurovision Song Contest, after Dermott Desmond told him to sign the best singers from Sweden, Australia, France, Germany, and sit them on his bench, once more, rendering any opposition to ra’ Sellik completely toothless.

At the end of the day manager of the year is a nice accolade but feck it we won the league... it’s all good![emoji471][emoji471][emoji471][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

At the end of the day manager of the year is a nice accolade but feck it we won the league... it’s all good![emoji471][emoji471][emoji471][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]
And while it would be nice for Jack to get manager of hm the year it would still be better for us if then likes of Aberdeen think that Lennon and Clarke are better than him.

Then when wee McInnes does the off they try and pinch someone else's manager.

1 minute ago, Hambud said:

And while it would be nice for Jack to get manager of hm the year it would still be better for us if then likes of Aberdeen think that Lennon and Clarke are better than him.

Then when wee McInnes does the off they try and pinch someone else's manager.

My gut tells me Jack Ross is on an Alex Neil style path to a decent English outfit, like a Norwich City or equivalent.