Jack Ross

Domestic success for Celtic in a 1 team league is nothing. Even winning back to back trebles is nothing, even though it’s never been done before.

The gap between Celtic and the rest is bigger than it’s ever been.

Kenny Rogers success at Celtic can only be measured against how they do in Europe.

And then n that measure, Kenny Rogers has been awful.

Indeed, last season he masterminded the worst result in the club’s entire history.

The fool shouldn’t even have got a nomination.

2 minutes ago, zico said:

Domestic success for Celtic in a 1 team league is nothing. Even winning back to back trebles is nothing, even though it’s never been done before.

The gap between Celtic and the rest is bigger than it’s ever been.

Kenny Rogers success at Celtic can only be measured against how they do in Europe.

And then n that measure, Kenny Rogers has been awful.

Indeed, last season he masterminded the worst result in the club’s entire history.

The fool shouldn’t even have got a nomination.

I concur Andy. I concur.

Here’s the teams I believe any football fan could have made a case for them actually winning this season’s Championship, and had any of these teams done so, no massive amount of eyebrow raising would have happened....

St Mirren, Dundee United, Livingston, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Inverness.

Here’s the teams I believe any football fan could have made the same case for in the Premiership....

Celtic.

There is no argument that could be made for anyone else to actually win the thing. Unless a North Korean nuclear strike hit Lennoxtown while training was on.

That is not a fair fight. They are Champions before a ball is kicked.

34 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
1 hour ago, Drew said:
I thought you weren't posting anywhere in the forum other than the SMiSA thread?
YOU PROMISED!!!!

It was a vow, Drew, not a promise...

Had it been a vow, I would never have believed it. Only idiots are taken in by vows <_<

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Celtic can only beat what’s in front of them. Same as us this season. I’m no lover of the old firm but it’s a certainty Rodgers will get manager of the year.

Of course, he will get it.

Disnae mean he deserves it though. 

For me it's got to be Steve Clarke. He's turned Killie into something brilliant, and has them fighting among Scotland's richer clubs. Rugby Park is near enough a fortress now and they aren't too bad on the road either. He's worked wonders since the day he arrived.

Jack deserves to be in this list for the same reasons, but the one thing that makes me go with Clarke is that realistically while last season was a last day survival, there was certainly a feeling we would have a good season. We were probably 2nd favourites to the Arabs to win the league based on season ending form, perhaps ICT/Falkirk would be placed at our level before the season kicked off. Were Killie expected to claim 5th place? I wouldn't have said so. They were fodder this season until Clarke came in and he had an immediate impact, JR had really begun his project in January. That's a 5th place for Killie which involved a shit start under McCulloch.

No surprise Rodgers is on the list but does he deserve it? When it comes to domestic football in Scotland he has the easiest job of them all. Even Tommy Craig wouldn't be able to f**k them up that quickly. Shouldn't be on there tbh.

Lennon at Hibs? Usually if a club comes up from the Championship and goes straight to 4th in the Premier League you'd say yes. But Hibs have resources that most of us don't. Hibs fans would have expected Top 6 immediately. Decent season for them and they've caused problems for Celtic, but MOTY? Bugger off.

Who would I have in there in place of Rodgers and Lennon? Possibly Hopkin at Livi as 2nd place is an excellent effort, most of us on here had them 7th or below. Major surprise package this season. Stewart Petrie at Montrose has done well, a draw today clinches the title and promotion. I wouldn't have thought the Mo would be beating the likes of Peterhead, Stirling and Stenny to the title.

4 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

2nd highest i seriously doubt

Considering we lost out a player to Falkirk

ICT money from the top league

Dumfermline i would say level

Your jealousy is staggering, Ross inherited an utter shambles to turn around to runaway leaders is decent

Clarke has done the same turned around a shambles but Rogers who hasn't won his one team league yet.

Europe another shambles again with real pumpings handed out

Lennon a decent job but Hibs have got decent resources compared to many in the league

Robinson should have been considered especially if they win the Scottish not beyond them

It's definitely 2nd highest - without any doubt. 

And who exactly am I supposed to be jealous of? 

StuD

• Ball Boy

" I asked Div to close the Stuart Dickson account after the Sin Bin nonsense. Bellside Bud was only ever meant to be temporary as I wanted to post to correct something that had been highlighted to me - Div closed that account. And this account was set up purely to post on this thread( The 3 Monthly Spend) . I've no intention in taking part throughout the rest of the forum. "

Promises,promises. If only......

Edited by smcc

1 hour ago, StuD said:

It's definitely 2nd highest - without any doubt. 

And who exactly am I supposed to be jealous of? 

You can't conclusively say that unless you have access to the budgets of every team in the Championship. 

Which you don't, so are effectively guessing. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Dicko just can't help himself. 

'I'll be part of the Smisa forum only' 

How long until he throws the toys out the pram and asks Div to empty him out yet again? 

More like I wonder how long it will take before the likes of Cockles, Pozbaird and IoBS are running off to Div demanding he block me before the web traffic falls just like it did when I was away. :rolleyes:

You can't conclusively say that unless you have access to the budgets of every team in the Championship. 

Which you don't, so are effectively guessing. 

Well we'll see soon enough whether I was making an educated "guess" or a stupid wild one like Windae Cleaner. 

59 minutes ago, StuD said:

More like I wonder how long it will take before the likes of Cockles, Pozbaird and IoBS are running off to Div demanding he block me before the web traffic falls just like it did when I was away. :rolleyes:

Didn't you admit to asking Div yourself to block the previous account? If you did this why would what other forum members ask make a difference when you effectively asked to be banned?

Half the lies you tell aren't true. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Didn't you admit to asking Div yourself to block the previous account? If you did this why would what other forum members ask make a difference when you effectively asked to be banned?

Why does it matter so much to you?

Really, WGAF about Stuart................except a few. 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why does it matter so much to you?

Really, WGAF about Stuart................except a few. 

They are all obsessed with Stuart. 

He destroys them every time.

It rankles them.

All they can do is abuse and mock, it's their hobby.

They play the man at all times, even if they agreed with any of Stuart's posts.

THE CLUELESS CLIQUE  

18 minutes ago, shull said:

They are all obsessed with Stuart. 

He destroys them every time.

It rankles them.

All they can do is abuse and mock, it's their hobby.

They play the man at all times, even if they agreed with any of Stuart's posts.

THE CLUELESS CLIQUE  

I've asked you on several occasions which clique I am part of. You've never, ever been able to provide an answer or proof that I am part of any clique. Because I'm not. 

I've had several quite enjoyable and heated debates with Stuart over the last 12 or so years. He's at least intelligent and insightful even if I disagree with a lot of what he says and his methods of going about his business in relation to St. Mirren FC and Smisa. 

You on the other hand are neither intelligent nor do you provide any content that's meaningful or insightful. A complete numpty with not an original thought in your head. 

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I've asked you on several occasions which clique I am part of. You've never, ever been able to provide an answer or proof that I am part of any clique. Because I'm not. 

I've had several quite enjoyable and heated debates with Stuart over the last 12 or so years. He's at least intelligent and insightful even if I disagree with a lot of what he says and his methods of going about his business in relation to St. Mirren FC and Smisa. 

You on the other hand are neither intelligent nor do you provide any content that's meaningful or insightful. A complete numpty with not an original thought in your head. 

Aw DQ :wub:

On the defensive and the usual abuse 

WHAT A DRAMA QUEEN :lol:

No, I didn't ask Div to "block" my previous account. I told him to delete it. That is 100% the truth. 

You asked how long it would be before I asked Div to "empty me out yet again".  I have only requested my account be deleted once in all the years I've posted on the internet. A far more regular occurrence was for members of this forum pleading with Div to get rid of me before I drove all the traffic away. You even got members claiming they'd never post again unless I was got rid of who didn't post again once I'd gone. 

And now I've answered you directly someone will complain that I've turned a thread about Jack Ross into one about me when in truth apart from this post I've been bang on topic. Jack Ross shouldn't win manager of the year. The second biggest wage budget in the division, 8 league defeats - including two against third bottom Falkirk, and one against part timers Dumbarton, plus hammerings against Morton, Livingston, Partick Thistle, Aberdeen and Raith Rovers are hardly a marker for top boss. No-one can deny the turn around in St Mirren since January 2017 and the success Jack Ross has had, but it doesn't even begin to compare against the achievement in the current football season of Stevie Clarke and Neil Lennon - or for that matter David Hopkin. 

34 minutes ago, StuD said:

Jack Ross shouldn't win manager of the year. The second biggest wage budget in the division

but it doesn't even begin to compare against the achievement in the current football season of Stevie Clarke and Neil Lennon - or for that matter David Hopkin. 

That would be the Neil Lennon, in charge of a Hibs side who most definitely will have a wage budget among the Top 5 in the Premier League. Who sit 4th. Granted they are in the battle for 2nd, if they finish 2nd I'd consider it. Finish 4th, I wouldn't. You can't say Lennon has achieved more this season when you are banging on about JR's budget and ignoring Lennon's. Secondly - how can you be so sure our budget was higher than ICT and Falkirk? Even Dunfermline must be on a similar level of spending.

To clarify my own position, I posted earlier in this thread and said Clarke was my pick for MOTY. I do believe JR deserves to be in the nominations. I also stated I'd replace Rodgers and Lennon (barring a 2nd placed finish) with Hopkin as you mentioned, and Petrie at Montrose.

22 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That would be the Neil Lennon, in charge of a Hibs side who most definitely will have a wage budget among the Top 5 in the Premier League. Who sit 4th. Granted they are in the battle for 2nd, if they finish 2nd I'd consider it. Finish 4th, I wouldn't. You can't say Lennon has achieved more this season when you are banging on about JR's budget and ignoring Lennon's. Secondly - how can you be so sure our budget was higher than ICT and Falkirk? Even Dunfermline must be on a similar level of spending.

To clarify my own position, I posted earlier in this thread and said Clarke was my pick for MOTY. I do believe JR deserves to be in the nominations. I also stated I'd replace Rodgers and Lennon (barring a 2nd placed finish) with Hopkin as you mentioned, and Petrie at Montrose.

It's subjective and I'm expressing an opinion. I don't think we're too far apart though. I agree that I would have added Petrie to the list and to add one more Stephen Robinson at Motherwell. Their league form has been erratic but they've made both national cup finals which is some achievement in itself for a provincial Scottish club, and if they were to stop Celtic winning the treble then Robinsons achievement would certainly be noteworthy - especially given the huge loss Louis Moult to Preston was for him. 

As for playing budgets St MIrren and Falkirk's spending was on a rough par back in August 2016, but St Mirren increased their wage budget in January 2017 when they spent their way out of trouble. St Mirren maintained that level of spending into the new season while Falkirk cut Houstons budget, and then cut it further in January 2018. Time will tell who the biggest spenders in the league are, but I wasn't far off the mark last season and I'm absolutely certain I'm right on the mark this season.