Stay well clear

Just had a horrific experience from the mobile phone repair shop 61 high street, next to De beers,  no point naming it, as it changes name periodically,  job was to replace my screen. asked me to pay £50 upfront to book a slot would get my phone back in 2 to 3 hours,  48 hours later got my phone back with loads of major faults, phone was Gubbed. refused to give me a refund said phone had internal damage, it certainly has now and he caused it,  phone was working fine when I gave him it, seems am not the only one to have problems with this shop. .  its sits in a prime position for catching passing trade loads of students etc. The Venus Flytrap they should rename it,  stay well away buddies

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Just had a horrific experience from the mobile phone repair shop 61 high street, next to De beers,  no point naming it, as it changes name periodically,  job was to replace my screen. asked me to pay £50 upfront to book a slot would get my phone back in 2 to 3 hours,  48 hours later got my phone back with loads of major faults, phone was Gubbed. refused to give me a refund said phone had internal damage, it certainly has now and he caused it,  phone was working fine when I gave him it, seems am not the only one to have problems with this shop. .  its sits in a prime position for catching passing trade loads of students etc. The Venus Flytrap they should rename it,  stay well away buddies

61 High Street is Benson Beds, no wondered they failed to fix your phone.....................:whistle 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

61 High Street is Benson Beds, no wondered they failed to fix your phone.....................:whistle 

Funnily you should say that,  came home and tossed the phone on the bed.  saying to the missus look what they done to my phone, and the new screen came flying off am no kidding, didn't no whether to laugh or cry :( :lol: 

4 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

We have one in Rothesay main street bloke put £500 up front for a computer to be built months ago they won't give him his money back so he his now going to the small claims court. Other similar stories going about. The guy that opened the shop is from Glasgow obviously does not realise what a small community it is here as such he won't last. 

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We have one in Rothesay main street bloke put £500 up front for a computer to be built months ago they won't give him his money back so he his now going to the small claims court. Other similar stories going about. The guy that opened the shop is from Glasgow obviously does not realise what a small community it is here as such he won't last. 

Should have built it during Bute Feast, might have got some bytes.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would imagine there`s loads of conmen out there when it comes to phones and computers, i wont stop spreading the word on this shop, will cost him more than the £50 he stole off me

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Yep trial by social media where the witnesses have the luxury of being able to hide their names.

If you think this is a good thing then that is your right.

When it comes to con men yes I do everyone should know. Mistake is another thing we all have admit it you will get respect. 

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure what your point is.

Put it another way would the shop be your first port of call if needing a phone or laptop fix. 

said shop 61 high street Paisley reviews

Paid £80 to fix virus and reload Windows 7 - apparent immediately that he loaded a 32-bit OS, rather than as original 64-bit (caused all sorts of issues with my External). Now know the OS he loaded was not genuine - he argued otherwise obviously. I'm going through Consumer Direct/Trading Standards.

utter shocking paid for my I phone 6 screen to get fixed costing 140 pound and still broken got it back with sides and bottom bent and home button not working and they are refusing to fix he phone or give me a replacement

Worst service and attitude shops not up to much full of old rubbish

Worst shop about went to I.T Repair All in Renfrew lad called Paul seems to be the only one local that’s knows what todo Avoid go to www.itrepairall.co.uk

If you are looking for your phone to be repaired, please stay well clear of this shop. A while back put a phone in with broken screen to be returned to me with a total different fault being the lcd connector which i have just been notified by someone who has fixed it properly for me so the phone goes into shop with a broken screen and comes back out with a completely different fault. Unfortunately i didn't know this before putting another phone into the shop. The phone went into the shop at least two and half months ago to be repaired, constant excuses as to why it was still not repaired, hurray they had now fixed it. My son and his dad looks over the phone, seems all okay, goes out and sits in the car, asks son to take the clear film and tape off the front of the phone to see the screen had a crack, also again not working the way it was in the shop, went back into shop to complain and was told there was nothing they can do. totally furious to say the least, please stay clear.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

If you are needing a phone or tablet fixed then iRepairIT is a brilliant service. They are on the 1st floor of St.James Business Centre, across the road from McDonalds at The Phoenix.

Think they have a shop in Paisley too but the Business Centre is easier to get parked at.

I've taken iPhones in there with cracked screens and had them replaced within 2 hours. Prices very reasonable and about a third of what Apple charge.

As for computer issues, if you have any problems with those then Core 2 Computing in the West End, straight across from Subway is the place to go. Very cheap, and great service.

10 minutes ago, div said:

If you are needing a phone or tablet fixed then iRepairIT is a brilliant service. They are on the 1st floor of St.James Business Centre, across the road from McDonalds at The Phoenix.

Think they have a shop in Paisley too but the Business Centre is easier to get parked at.

I've taken iPhones in there with cracked screens and had them replaced within 2 hours. Prices very reasonable and about a third of what Apple charge.

As for computer issues, if you have any problems with those then Core 2 Computing in the West End, straight across from Subway is the place to go. Very cheap, and great service.

Div, as you seem to be well versed in such things......would you know anyone that would or could replace the screen of a SurfacePro?? 

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Put it another way would the shop be your first port of call if needing a phone or laptop fix. 

said shop 61 high street Paisley reviews

Paid £80 to fix virus and reload Windows 7 - apparent immediately that he loaded a 32-bit OS, rather than as original 64-bit (caused all sorts of issues with my External). Now know the OS he loaded was not genuine - he argued otherwise obviously. I'm going through Consumer Direct/Trading Standards.

utter shocking paid for my I phone 6 screen to get fixed costing 140 pound and still broken got it back with sides and bottom bent and home button not working and they are refusing to fix he phone or give me a replacement

Worst service and attitude shops not up to much full of old rubbish

Worst shop about went to I.T Repair All in Renfrew lad called Paul seems to be the only one local that’s knows what todo Avoid go to www.itrepairall.co.uk

If you are looking for your phone to be repaired, please stay well clear of this shop. A while back put a phone in with broken screen to be returned to me with a total different fault being the lcd connector which i have just been notified by someone who has fixed it properly for me so the phone goes into shop with a broken screen and comes back out with a completely different fault. Unfortunately i didn't know this before putting another phone into the shop. The phone went into the shop at least two and half months ago to be repaired, constant excuses as to why it was still not repaired, hurray they had now fixed it. My son and his dad looks over the phone, seems all okay, goes out and sits in the car, asks son to take the clear film and tape off the front of the phone to see the screen had a crack, also again not working the way it was in the shop, went back into shop to complain and was told there was nothing they can do. totally furious to say the least, please stay clear.

You are missing the point.

On 4/28/2018 at 3:21 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When it comes to con men yes I do everyone should know. Mistake is another thing we all have admit it you will get respect. 

On 4/30/2018 at 6:37 PM, oaksoft said:

Has he been convicted as a con man?

On 4/30/2018 at 7:28 PM, smcc said:

Lots of con men are never convicted.

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure what your point is.

I think that the point should be obvious to someone of your superior intelligence.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, oaksoft said:

Yep trial by social media where the witnesses have the luxury of being able to hide their names.

If you think this is a good thing then that is your right.

Yes your right of course...  Why don't you nip in yourself get them to update your computer and maybe give your iPhone a wee makeover,  tell them I sent you,  :whistle 

On 5/3/2018 at 3:41 PM, smcc said:

I think that the point should be obvious to someone of your superior intelligence.

OK I will play this once.

If they have not been convicted then by definition you cannot make a quantitative judgment of how many unconvicted con men there are out there.

You are guessing.

Those of above average intelligence prefer to allow the law to determine which of our society are criminals and which are not, rather than relying on hearsay from a handful of anonymous keyboard warriors and trial by social media.

Edited by oaksoft

On 5/3/2018 at 6:41 PM, portmahomack saint said:

Yes your right of course...  Why don't you nip in yourself get them to update your computer and maybe give your iPhone a wee makeover,  tell them I sent you,  :whistle 

Trial by the mob is not a new thing. People like you have caused countless deaths over the years from lynch mobs to burning "witches" at the stake.

I even remember your type hounding some poor bastard from their home in Portsmouth (I think) a few years ago when the knuckle dragging morons didn't know the difference between an paedophile and a paediatrican. I remember the photo of the word "PAEDO" written across her house in white paint. People like you are just a waste of space when you engage in this sort of activity.

If you can prove this guy is a con man then do the decent thing and report him to the police and get him shut down properly.

Oh hang on....that would require effort right? <_<

Edited by oaksoft

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

OK I will play this once.

If they have not been convicted then by definition you cannot make a quantitative judgment of how many unconvicted con men there are out there.

You are guessing.

Those of above average intelligence prefer to allow the law to determine which of our society are criminals and which are not, rather than relying on hearsay from a handful of anonymous keyboard warriors and trial by social media.

Are you really suggesting that every con man has been convicted?  Surely even you can't believe that!

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Trial by the mob is not a new thing. People like you have caused countless deaths over the years from lynch mobs to burning "witches" at the stake.

I even remember your type hounding some poor bastard from their home in Portsmouth (I think) a few years ago when the knuckle dragging morons didn't know the difference between an paedophile and a paediatrican. I remember the photo of the word "PAEDO" written across her house in white paint. People like you are just a waste of space when you engage in this sort of activity.

If you can prove this guy is a con man then do the decent thing and report him to the police and get him shut down properly.

Oh hang on....that would require effort right? <_<

Where am from we don't go running to the polis every time we have a problem, buddies on here can ignore my warnings if they choose and that includes you, but I know you wont..  ps You really should get out more Oaktree, witches, lynch mobs, and then you go and miss out the burning cross in the front garden,  and you were doing really well too lol :bag 

On 06/05/2018 at 2:41 PM, smcc said:

Are you really suggesting that every con man has been convicted?  Surely even you can't believe that!

Where did I say that?

I am questioning who should be making those decisions - our legal system or a lynch mob?