The End Of Season Play Offs 2018

shull

I am definitely getting old.  Had it in my mind that Dumbarton were at home in the first leg so decided to watch the game on TV only to discover the match was in nearby Alloa. Cracker of a goal from ex Saint Carswell won the game against the run of play (IMO) 

Surprised at the Peterhead scoreline.  

1 hour ago, scottd said:

Could you imagine watching Dumbarton every week?  Must be soul destroying.

Have to agree with you. They work hard and are organised and can generally defend but going forward, Walsh apart perhaps they look poor. Alloa work the ball better and press forward. I could watch them.

Both teams have put in a fantastic amount of effort into these two games.  Tough game ahead against one of Thistle/Ross County. 

On their available resources Livvy have outperformed over the season.Well done guys. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Congratulations Livi.
Delighted to see Arabs lose out!

Hopefully Livi will beat Ross County in a play off.

Keeps Thistle up for good crowds.

Gets rid of County for the journey and lack of support.

Lets Livi up to make sure there is a team we are guaranteed to finish above!

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Congratulations Livi.

If County are in the play off then Thistle will have been automatically relegated by finishing bottom.  Only 1 out of Livi, Thistle and County will be in the Premier next season.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Congratulations Livi.

If County are in the playoff then thistle are relegated automatically 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

A kind of natural justice that the second best team in the Championship over the season meets the team that's second lowest in the Premiership in a play off. 

Agreed. I have a major dislike for our ten team leagues offering promotion to 3rd and 4th placed sides. 

Excellent to see Willo Fud and co crashing out. May their pain continue. I'm still adamant that if they kept Ray McKinnon they'd have either won the league or succeeded in the playoffs.

More decisive games tomorrow. Peterhead v Stenhousemuir in the battle for promotion to League One, Stenny take a 2-0 lead up north. Cowdenbeath are defending their L2 place against Highland champions Cove Rangers. The first leg was 0-0 in Cove.

12 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Agreed. I have a major dislike for our ten team leagues offering promotion to 3rd and 4th placed sides. 

Excellent to see Willo Fud and co crashing out. May their pain continue. I'm still adamant that if they kept Ray McKinnon they'd have either won the league or succeeded in the playoffs.

More decisive games tomorrow. Peterhead v Stenhousemuir in the battle for promotion to League One, Stenny take a 2-0 lead up north. Cowdenbeath are defending their L2 place against Highland champions Cove Rangers. The first leg was 0-0 in Cove.

Don’t agree about McKinnon.  United actually got 4 more points in this chaotic season than they managed last season.

1 hour ago, scottd said:

Don’t agree about McKinnon.  United actually got 4 more points in this chaotic season than they managed last season.

That's a fair point but keep in mind there was no Hibs and nearly all of us scored 12/12 against Brechin, and Dumbarton didn't even hit the points tally Ayr United went down with.

Dundee United's capitulation after New Year is not something I imagine would have happened under Ray. He was sacked when there was a 5pt gap, but with a game in hand so it was potentially a 2Pt gap - nothing in October (or whenever it is). I feel his sacking was unjust and his replacement completely useless. Not that I'm complaining because it did us a massive favour!