The Return Of The Sin Bin

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

St. Sid was thrown off the forum for gloating about the demise of the 10,000hours bid - which clearly upset div.

StuD & now LPM have been marginalized for posting the correct (if unpopular) fact that the original statements about how the  Discretionary Fund would be used  are not being adhered to and that SMiSA seems to be representing GLSs views. Anyone who didn't want to read this endless argument just had to avoid the SMiSA Forum which was effectively a WankTank in itself.   

Once GLSs shares have been bought (I presume that's still the plan) the victory of The Sausage Roll Brigade will be complete.

Not quite as straightforward as that.

LPM hasn't limited his input to the SMiSA thread (which I stopped reading after a couple of pages, albeit with some irritation as it could have been a decent and informative read in other circumstances). He has remorselessly spouted negative, snide shite on thread after thread, and, despite having him on ignore, it has been impossible to avoid this.

Dickson is just Dickson. He has an axe to grind, and will continue grinding it until his arm is worn to a stump at the shoulder.

Despite his claim that he wouldn't post anywhere other than the SMiSA thread, his craving for attention seems have got the better of him and he is back to trolling elsewhere.

That the Tank is necessary says a whole lot more about those who are likely to be stuck in it, than it does about any of the other bizarre conspiracy theories that some have dreamed up in respect of its reintroduction.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Just don’t be a daft cnut for the sake of it, and bore the tits off people by repeatedly posting complete and utter shite

I wish some folk would take their own advice...

2 hours ago, StuD said:

I think web forums are dying out en masse. Loads of forums are seeing a down turn in traffic and users have moved onto Facebook instead. It's not a surprise. 

Facebook is coming to the end of its shelf life. Its mainly older people who still use it and that's because they started later. Young people are deleting FB or using it less and using other social media platforms. 

Cant see it replacing Internet forums. 

Edited by LargsBud

As those of you who haven't skimmed anything I have posted will know I am in England where coverage of anything saints related is even less likely than in the bigot bros obsessed press at home. I don't do facebook or twitter and for me the forum is a place where saints related material is readily available and in the most part entertainingly discussed. I don't comment on anything I'm not prepared to get involved in a protracted discussion about but I do read just about everything posted. Yes there are posters who effectively argue with themselves and those who will never agree to disagree despite that being the obvious situation from early on in the discussion. I'm grateful for Div's perseverance and for those who take the time to post but there is a need for everyone to look their activity and decide whether it adds to the forum or makes it something that isn't as inclusive as it should be, but for my mind it is a useful and largely enjoyable pastime, long may it continue. 

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well few of us change our opinions publically on the forum so I try and limit myself to three posts on any point.

If merely posting repetitive pish was enough to get you sent to the WankTank we'd all be inside looking out.

Free the WankTank One!

Those that seem to want to accuse me of stifling free speech may ask themselves why, if that was really the case, did I not just ban these users outright.

Nobody would need to know, they would just disappear, a bit like that fella that was buried under the patio in Brookside.

Instead I've given them their very own part of the forum to shout as loudly as they like. Those who wish to debate with them know where to find them, and those who now wish to avoid, need not put up with them any longer.

A forum needs debate, it needs differences of opinion, that's all good. If we all agreed on everything there would be no need for this place existing in the first place.

Next month will be SIXTEEN YEARS since I launched this forum. I think in that time I've personally banned outright less than 5 users (other than bot spammers)

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

As those of you who haven't skimmed anything I have posted will know I am in England where coverage of anything saints related is even less likely than in the bigot bros obsessed press at home. I don't do facebook or twitter and for me the forum is a place where saints related material is readily available and in the most part entertainingly discussed. I don't comment on anything I'm not prepared to get involved in a protracted discussion about but I do read just about everything posted. Yes there are posters who effectively argue with themselves and those who will never agree to disagree despite that being the obvious situation from early on in the discussion. I'm grateful for Div's perseverance and for those who take the time to post but there is a need for everyone to look their activity and decide whether it adds to the forum or makes it something that isn't as inclusive as it should be, but for my mind it is a useful and largely enjoyable pastime, long may it continue. 

Totally agree with this. As someone else who lives a good distance from Paisley, the forum is my 'go to' place to get all the latest news and views about the Buddies. This is not available in my local area. I don't use social media outlets, so I really need the forum to keep me up to date with what's happening at St. Mirren Park.

I also really enjoy the debates that go on here. If an argument develops that I'm not interested in or find boring, I just skim through the posts till I get back to something I want to read, and no harm done. I would just echo StanleySaint's plea that, before posting, contributors consider whether their comment is going to add to the debate.

PLEASE keep the forum just as it is.

Edited by pondsman

17 minutes ago, div said:

Those that seem to want to accuse me of stifling free speech may ask themselves why, if that was really the case, did I not just ban these users outright.

Nobody would need to know, they would just disappear, a bit like that fella that was buried under the patio in Brookside.

Instead I've given them their very own part of the forum to shout as loudly as they like. Those who wish to debate with them know where to find them, and those who now wish to avoid, need not put up with them any longer.

A forum needs debate, it needs differences of opinion, that's all good. If we all agreed on everything there would be no need for this place existing in the first place.

Next month will be SIXTEEN YEARS since I launched this forum. I think in that time I've personally banned outright less than 5 users (other than bot spammers)

Trevor Jordache , and he's still buried there.

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, div said:

Contradicting my last post but you did quote me.

As I've said the SMiSA forum was already a bit of a ghetto and recreating the WankTank for LPM an over-reaction.

You may very well have banned few members outright but criticism of the SMiSA & 10000hours takeovers clearly triggers one of your buttons.

13 minutes ago, div said:

And yet that's what you've created. When you throw dissenting forum users into the Sin Bin you create a sanitised main forum where everyone holds varying shades of exactly the same opinion. It was no surprise at all that when you last created the Sin Bin the most posted in area of the forum at that time was the Sin Bin - and outside of the Sin Bin the only real topic was people talking about the Sin Bin. 

It's a silly move and you've done it because some forum users have told you they no longer visit because they can't be arsed with clique banter, and argumentative posters - yet for the last year the forums died a death because of a lack of proper discussion. St Mirren had a good year on the pitch so all you had was "We played well", "Yes we did" posts all around the forum interspersed with the odd "Farewell" thread. Even you appear to have posted more on Twitter in the last 12 months than you have done on your own website. 

1 minute ago, StuD said:

And yet that's what you've created. When you throw dissenting forum users into the Sin Bin you create a sanitised main forum where everyone holds varying shades of exactly the same opinion. It was no surprise at all that when you last created the Sin Bin the most posted in area of the forum at that time was the Sin Bin - and outside of the Sin Bin the only real topic was people talking about the Sin Bin. 

It's a silly move and you've done it because some forum users have told you they no longer visit because they can't be arsed with clique banter, and argumentative posters - yet for the last year the forums died a death because of a lack of proper discussion. St Mirren had a good year on the pitch so all you had was "We played well", "Yes we did" posts all around the forum interspersed with the odd "Farewell" thread. Even you appear to have posted more on Twitter in the last 12 months than you have done on your own website. 

And yet, you're still here, having ASKED to be banned before. Why would someone keep returning to a forum as bad as the one you describe?

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Contradicting my last post but you did quote me.

As I've said the SMiSA forum was already a bit of a ghetto and recreating the WankTank for LPM an over-reaction.

You may very well have banned few members outright but criticism of the SMiSA & 10000hours takeovers clearly triggers one of your buttons.

LPM is not the only user who has been consigned to the Sin Bin.

1 minute ago, StuD said:

If repeat posting is punishable with a spell in the SIn Bin, and there's no other agenda, why is LPM supposedly in there, yet Bazil still is presumably roaming free? No-one should be in the Sin Bin. 

And anyone connected with St.Mirren should give a flying fuck what you think because...................................?

1 minute ago, div said:

And yet, you're still here, having ASKED to be banned before. Why would someone keep returning to a forum as bad as the one you describe?

I didn't asked to be banned. I asked for my account to be deleted. I'm told you didn't delete my account, just blocked access to it. I haven't bothered to check. 

And the only reason I'm back on here is because I was asked to come back by a number of people to comment on the SMISA thread. I'm still not particularly interested in the rest of this forum. However my son did spot your Tweet yesterday about the Sin Bin and told me it was back. In fact he asked me if it had been created for me yet again. The Sin Bin is a waste of time Div, don't segregate the forum. It ruins it once the novelty factor has gone. 

Just now, StuD said:

I didn't asked to be banned. I asked for my account to be deleted. I'm told you didn't delete my account, just blocked access to it. I haven't bothered to check. 

And the only reason I'm back on here is because I was asked to come back by a number of people to comment on the SMISA thread. I'm still not particularly interested in the rest of this forum. However my son did spot your Tweet yesterday about the Sin Bin and told me it was back. In fact he asked me if it had been created for me yet again. The Sin Bin is a waste of time Div, don't segregate the forum. It ruins it once the novelty factor has gone. 

By your own admission you are not a St.Mirren fan.

You are not a SMiSA member.

So, what's ANY of this got to do with you? Seriously? Why bother?

Just now, div said:

By your own admission you are not a St.Mirren fan.

You are not a SMiSA member.

So, what's ANY of this got to do with you? Seriously? Why bother?

I think you need to put yourself in the sin bin. You're at risk of taking this thread seriously off topic. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, StuD said:

And the only reason I'm back on here is because I was asked to come back by a number of people.

Oh well, they'll be company for LPM and faraway in the Tank<_<

Edited by Drew

24 minutes ago, StuD said:

Try the below process:byebye

Image result for delete forum button