SMISA Annual Report 2018 email

bazil85

SMISA have today emailed members details of the AR2018. They've also posted a more detailed update on the website if anyone cares to read. Few highlights I've noticed

• 1,257 current members, down from the peak of 1,375 but relatively steady;
  • Target to raise to 1,300 by April 2019; and
  • More clarity on the £50k spent at Ralston. 

Few other bits of useful information in there and well worth a read. All in all very positive and informative, so... Let the negativity begin as usual :lol:

https://www.smisa.net/ 

Edited by bazil85

No negativity from me Mr B.

Taking a different view should be seen as constructive in informing future debate and decisions. That is healthy.

Love the Community Season Ticket Idea.

How can fans contribute? 

Is there a Crowd funding Page?

SMISA have today emailed members details of the AR2018. They've also posted a more detailed update on the website if anyone cares to read. Few highlights I've noticed
  • Target to raise to 1,300 by April 2018; and
Few other bits of useful information in there and well worth a read. All in all very positive and informative, so... Let the negativity begin as usual [emoji38]
You just cannot help yourself!

Doing so well till that last sentence...

Master baiter indeed!

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

• Target to raise to 1,300 by April 2018; and

Few other bits of useful information in there and well worth a read. All in all very positive and informative, so... Let the negativity begin as usual :lol:

I looks as though you are the one that has begun it here:thumbsdown

Everything is crystal clear and above board. Anyone who has unfounded issues with the content is attention seeking and is basically talking jobby !

eta In my opinion of course :D

Edited by billyg

Bazil 

Is there a Crowd funding Page for the Community Season Ticket initiative. I put forward a similar idea and if there is a page then I would be happy to have a look and, everything being equal make a small donation. For my many sins, in another guise I have a lot of social media followers.

40 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Bazil 

Is there a Crowd funding Page for the Community Season Ticket initiative. I put forward a similar idea and if there is a page then I would be happy to have a look and, everything being equal make a small donation. For my many sins, in another guise I have a lot of social media followers.

It's already funded from the April vote.

I could get negative about no mention of thanking anyone who served on the board/committee, but won't. Plenty of spin in there though, but as said before it just does not matter as BTB is in no danger. Supporter's Direct Scotland support SMISA, so nobody will get any traction with a complaint against SMISA's operations...NOBODY! My postings have always been aimed at gettiing SMISA to do more or giving clarity on the deal itself. I still think it's a disgrace the women's team had to crowd fund, still think Gordon had no right to put out a statement and still feel SMISA is run to the pre-conceived direction of 4 people.

Here's hoping 18/19 sees more action, more drive and hell of a lot less fruitless discussion and/or havering. 

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

No negativity from me Mr B.

Taking a different view should be seen as constructive in informing future debate and decisions. That is healthy.

Love the Community Season Ticket Idea.

How can fans contribute? 

Is there a Crowd funding Page?

Best way to contribute and if you can afford £12 a month, is to sign up. In regards to contributing a different way i’d email them direct. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Bazil 

I don’t think so but I think it’s a great idea. Let me know if you get word back and it’s set-up. 

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Do why incite/invite arguments?
You thrive on the attention you needy wee soul.

Nope, it was a justified observation giving the massive amount of negativity for everything and anything SMISA related from a very small minority of people on here. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Nope, it was a justified observation giving the massive amount of negativity for everything and anything SMISA related from a very small minority of people on here. 

SMISA had a target last year of 1,400 and this year it's 1,300. Yet, you think a few people on a forum are "the message. I've already said it doesn't matter, literally does not matter. I could tell you all manner of things, does not matter. All your ra ra on here, ultimately does not matter. The smugness, the feeling you have that you're fighting the fight...they don't care, it doesn't matter. Stop being such a lazy and obvious keyboard soldier and go join the committee, put in the hours, get involved and take on a title...doesn't matter. Even my resignation, my belief SMISA should do more...doesn't matter. 

It'll never have so few members to fail and needs no more to survive. It just is and will be until the deal is completed in 2026, as per the takeover agreement. 

The 35K coming from the 50K, being used and then paid back wasnt mentioned before the recent vote though was it. So, looks like it isn't even from actually ring-fenced funds...you couldn't make it up!

26 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

The hell it was.
Master baiter.

Admit it. You can't help yourself.

You have issues.

Would rather be the one taking a wee off the cuff dig (Which has clearly triggered you, I'm sorry you're taking a wee bit of banter so hard) at the St Moan crowd, than in that crowd putting down all things St Mirren. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

SMISA had a target last year of 1,400 and this year it's 1,300. Yet, you think a few people on a forum are "the message. I've already said it doesn't matter, literally does not matter. I could tell you all manner of things, does not matter. All your ra ra on here, ultimately does not matter. The smugness, the feeling you have that you're fighting the fight...they don't care, it doesn't matter. Stop being such a lazy and obvious keyboard soldier and go join the committee, put in the hours, get involved and take on a title...doesn't matter. Even my resignation, my belief SMISA should do more...doesn't matter. 

It'll never have so few members to fail and needs no more to survive. It just is and will be until the deal is completed in 2026, as per the takeover agreement. 

The 35K coming from the 50K, being used and then paid back wasnt mentioned before the recent vote though was it. So, looks like it isn't even from actually ring-fenced funds...you couldn't make it up!

Struggled to follow you a wee bit there but yeah you're right. I could do more, and if I had time I would volunteer, help out, and do what I can. Time isn't my friend right now (and hasn't been for a number of years) and that resulted in me making a conscious decision to do the larger £25 option because I knew I could give money easier than I could give time. 

Yeah it looks all good, member numbers are steady and we shouldn't have any real problems. I know there are a few on here worried about it but being so far over target is very positive. I also like how they've put their hands up and said 'Look we set a target but we didn't implement a correct strategy' that’s a great message and shows a willingness to improve strategy to get to the 1,300 number. Dare I say, a few critics or fans on the fence might see the light in regards to BTB now? 

Final information on the £50k, yep looks like pages and pages of moot points. Ring fenced funds ultimately not being used and there's a contractual agreement about SMISA giving the money from the £50k written into BTB, so no illegal concerns. Even for the staunchest critics of the vote surely can take positives from that.

Hold on, I thought the £50k was coming out of ringfenced money that was "just sitting gathering dust"

Now, David Nicol presents to the membership

"The £35k used will be reinstated from the £10 bit of your monthly subscription between September and December this year. That money will then be replaced by the £2s (ie £5k from each of the following seven quarterly spends). So by January 2019 the credit facility will be back to £50k, and by April 2020, the share purchase pot will have been restocked using the £2s."

Not gathering dust at all, the money has not yet been collected.

88% of the voting members may not care enough but when things like this happen & previous guarantees/assurances are broken, i will voice my objections.

If that makes me a c**t, i am happy to be a c**t.

Aye aye aye, the money will be repaid eventually but SMISA, for f**ksake, if you are going to continue spinning us lines, remember what you have spun & stick to it.

Hold on, I thought the £50k was coming out of ringfenced money that was "just sitting gathering dust"

"The £35k used will be reinstated from the £10 bit of your monthly subscription between September and December this year. That money will then be replaced by the £2s (ie £5k from each of the following seven quarterly spends). So by January 2019 the credit facility will be back to £50k, and by April 2020, the share purchase pot will have been restocked using the £2s."

88% of the voting members may not care enough but when things like this happen & previous guarantees/assurances are broken, i will voice my objections.

Aye aye aye, the money will be repaid eventually but SMISA, for f**ksake, if you are going to continue spinning us lines, remember what you have spun & stick to it.

I picked up on that too.
Honestly... Blair would have been proud of that spin!
You truly couldn't make it up.
Only... They did!

Basically... He has put in print that for a set period, the £10 per month that I pay exclusively to purchase shares, will actually NOT be used for the exclusive purpose it is intended for.

Still... I'll no doubt be shot down for reading a factual statement factually!

7 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

It doesn't surprise me though, I just expect it now. It's up there with calculating the price of a ball wrong and not knowing how much the sport scientist etc figure was to be in January having had half a season to work it out.

To start with it was robbing Peter to pay Paul, now somehow Patrick's got involved.

The money going in in September/December was always going in so why mention its going in when it's already going in the pot. [emoji24]

Interesting term you use there "robbing"

Instead of "it's just sitting there gathering dust" it should have been "it will only be gathering dust"
That is why it's been mentioned.

Bad enough SMISA spending money it had given assurances to protect.
SMISA has just confirmed it is now spendiing money it hasn't got.

But SMISA will continue with it's plan of spending money it hasn't got and repay it with money it is yet to collect and repay that with money it is also yet to collect but over a far longer period of time.

It was the £50k would be repaid at £5000 each quarter for 10 quarters.
Now it looks like it's only £35k or is it £45k (they have £5k from before BTB)

Aye, best we follow like sheep. We'd never notice the inconsistencies then.

It doesn't surprise me though, I just expect it now. It's up there with calculating the price of a ball wrong and not knowing how much the sport scientist etc figure was to be in January having had half a season to work it out.

Were you not still on the committee at that time? You seem to be quite passionate about it all. Would it not have been better staying on and trying to fix things from the inside?

10 hours ago, lovestlegend said:

Were you not still on the committee at that time? You seem to be quite passionate about it all. Would it not have been better staying on and trying to fix things from the inside?

I'd already decided to stay on after Gordon made his statement, but it was evident even after then that I needed to resign. I spent time researching numerous things, to no avail and all because a few people didn't agree. I proposed to put a 16K vote for the women's team to the members, the committee weren't comfortable with that though put out the recent 4G vote. I offered to look at fund raising, nobody was interested. I got press coverage, university radio and kept members appraised across social media...to not much thanks, indeed much questioning. Every meeting was about how we'd get to 1,400 members, with nothing much offered from those pushing it.  You would not believe the lack of engagement on the women's team and if I'd heard "we don't want another Glenvale" one more time...

They have a current need to simplify the members spreadsheet etc, I offered to assist with looking at getting Joomla support to do it alongside the website to no interest. I stated we should have a pop-up banner in the members bar, got nowhere with that. I spoke with a rep from the SMDSA about further disabled facilities, turns out the club aren't interested. I looked at netting behind the goals, passed what I had over and it went nowhere. I started discussions at the meeting with the SMFC board and was spoken over. Just so many double standards, so much they'd already decided they wouldn't do, so many hours wasted and it all became very obvious I was wasting my time.

But, the absolute final straws were members of the St Mirren board starting to ignore me and not come over to say hello or even wave when before we'd stopped for a chat. That and the way the women's team were treated like outsiders by people who would like you all to think they are beyond reproach. So, I don't want to help them, don't want to enable their careers and I'm certainly not a patsy who'll sit and nod. Yet, I'll still offer advice or views on here as I obviously stIl support St Mirren.

Edited by TsuMirren
Mostly spelling