Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

If Ross doesn't land this job then I think he needs to have a re-think of his approach to career building.  i don't like the uncertainty & speculation the man attracts and am reminded of his role in our prize money revolt during our ill-fated league cup run.

I'm getting to thinking he might as well go now because his heart is unlikely to be with us should he fail to get his dream move to a hellhole in England

3 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

If Ross doesn't land this job then I think he needs to have a re-think of his approach to career building.  i don't like the uncertainty & speculation the man attracts and am reminded of his role in our prize money revolt during our ill-fated league cup run.

I'm getting to thinking he might as well go now because his heart is unlikely to be with us should he fail to get his dream move to a hellhole in England

Genuine question - what would you do in his position?

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

He doesn't currently have any job to go too. 

But... He is doing nothing wrong. 

Having said that, you make a strong case. 

We could definitely do with less uncertainty. 

Edited by St.Ricky

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Don’t reach for any more beer. 

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Genuine question - what would you do in his position?

At this point, I'd need to weigh up what it would take for the prospective employer to help me be successful and decide if that is available and can i trust them to deliver should I opt to go with them.   The reputed 2 mil kitty seems unambitious for the championship and might well be a relegation ticket depending on who will leave Ipswich for free or very little this summer.

Ipswich is a way of getting a really good wage for a few years and nothing more.  if it is uccess he craves, success in the big time, then he should stay with saints and capitalise on what he has achieved.

it has to be asked though, how deeply will our current chairman be prepared to dip the kitty to support him?  if Ross has seen the budget for next season (I suspect he has) and decided it is get out time then I honestly wouldn't blame him

29 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

At this point, I'd need to weigh up what it would take for the prospective employer to help me be successful and decide if that is available and can i trust them to deliver should I opt to go with them.   The reputed 2 mil kitty seems unambitious for the championship and might well be a relegation ticket depending on who will leave Ipswich for free or very little this summer.

Ipswich is a way of getting a really good wage for a few years and nothing more.  if it is uccess he craves, success in the big time, then he should stay with saints and capitalise on what he has achieved.

it has to be asked though, how deeply will our current chairman be prepared to dip the kitty to support him?  if Ross has seen the budget for next season (I suspect he has) and decided it is get out time then I honestly wouldn't blame him

He is at the crest of a wave just now. His stock is unlikely to get any higher if he stays with Saints.

Anything less than a top 6 finish next season would certainly result in the spotlight being trained elsewhere, and he would just be another manager at a provincial Scottish club making up the numbers in league that no-one outside this country really gives two shits about.

Edited by Drew

He is at the crest of a wave just now. His stock is unlikely to get any higher if he stays with Saints.
Anything less than a top 6 finish next season would certainly result in the spotlight being trained elsewhere, and he would just be another manager at a provincial Scottish club making up the numbers in league that no-one outside this country really gives two shits about.

Drew, I’m not sure I understand the logic here. On one hand Jack is a high flying manager riding the crest of a second tier league win and on the other if he doesn’t finish in the top 6 of our Premier Division his stock suddenly plummets?

So, by definition, leading Saints to the Championship is a greater achievement than keeping them in the Premiership with one of the smallest budgets? Both of which happening in a league nobody cares about?

If Jack Ross can get £15k a week at a more than decent club like Ipswich Town then he should grab it. If it works out then he will become a millionaire and set his family up for life. If it doesn’t work out he comes back up the road and will easily get a gig in the top league or championship, I think it’s a no brainer for him. I will wish him well and thank him for a great season and a half at the club but do blame him for the damage to my liver and bank balance in that period.

Too many fans acting like f**king jilted teenagers over the last few days.

Jack has been brilliant for this club over the last 18 months and this is unquestionable. Yet, the minute his leadership attracts the interest of other, bigger, clubs who would pay him ridiculously more money we’re hearing things about his lack of professionalism (not this poster) the uncertainly and speculation he attracts (see 18 months of success), his “approach to career building” (WTF?), his heart not being in it and dragging up a mess from years ago that is (or certainly f**king should be) long forgotten.

It’s almost as if some of you want to to get your digs in before he moves so you can justify your emotions in the aftermath by reminding everyone you had seen through this man anyway and we’re better off without him. Just like, if you go back to my original point, many young lovers act when they get dumped for the first time.

This is how football is these days and has been for a long time now. Jack owes us f**k all. The partnership has been mutually beneficial and if he chooses to better his career and financial prospects with a bigger club then he should do so with our blessing for the style of football and success he’s brought to us.

I honestly despair with St Mirren fans sometimes. Less than three weeks after clinching the title and some have resorted to type. Get over yourselves.

Also, since when would Ipswich be regarded as a “hell hole”?

9 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

This. It's not about we don't want to lose Jack Ross now. We are at a very important time in history for the club if it's to be successful going forward that needs planning, stability and ambition which we are not going to get with Jack when every BIG club comes calling it's happening far too often. Would love Jack to lead us next season but it needs solid commitment if he is not offered the I.T. job would rather he walked than all the uncertainty it brings to the playing staff. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Well summed up.

There's already been quite a few idiotic posts about JR to make his mind up, etc.

How quickly some forget, that's if they had the ability to remember previously. 

There are very few if any at all that does not want Jack to climb the ladder in his career.  However it's happening far too often there have been three enquiries from down south one from Dundee the Scottish press had Jack installed as the Aberdeen boss when it looked like McInnis  was going to the dark side. Now success will bring speculation however our playing staff need what I wrote  above for the challenge that is ahead which will be very tough in our first season will be about surviving not top six which is foolishly being spun around. Losing Davis proves our budget is not yet competitive in our first season in the top flight prize money is less than half than it is in the premiership.  

Hopkin has a side playing brutal football that would surely be found out up a division - a total non starter

How clueless you do realise he has one of the lowest budgets in the league he finished 2nd and also in the final of the playoffs.

Nothing brutal about it they played fantastic in Dundee in the first round then rightfully defended their lead in the 2nd its a team that works it’s socks off.

14 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

You are seriously saying if Jack Ross doesn't get the Ipswich job he should go? 

I've read some bizarre posts over the last few days but that's one of the best.

We have an excellent young manager who is attracting attention because of the success he has brought to our club, and hopefully will bring more next season.

Every small club who has a manager who does well has to deal with bigger clubs coming along and tempting them, it goes with the territory.

I for one, would keep him for as long as possible.

You, and others, should be careful what you wish for as we'll not unearth a manager like him for a very long time. 

No , we need solid commitment that should be easy to understand.