Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

1 hour ago, div said:

Bit strange its announced after the overall Scottish Manager of the Year. Would have been very bizarre for him not to win that one.

Well?

He confirmed talks had taken place between the clubs but did not know more than that and he was continuing his work at Ralston in preparation for the season ahead. A good more incisive interview on buddievision just put up where he confirms the above and his continuing plans for this season.

He confirmed talks had taken place between the clubs but did not know more than that and he was continuing his work at Ralston in preparation for the season ahead. A good more incisive interview on buddievision just put up where he confirms the above and his continuing plans for this season.

My impression was it’s certainly not a done deal with Ipswich though of course jack would not reveal much anyway but he was quite open in confirming clubs contact but stressed his good relationship with Gordon and Tony and his drive to push the club forward. He spoke highly of Alloa chairman and his advice that if you feel you can work with the chairman then take the move, and that has been the case at St Mirren. He also said he gets involved in areas of the club that not his remit but it’s his nature to improve all areas of the club if he can. Let’s hope he says nope ‘I can’t work with Marcus Evans’! . As per usual with Jack you come away feeling good after watching his interview.

Just now, ironsaints87 said:

My impression was it’s certainly not a done deal with Ipswich though of course jack would not reveal much anyway but he was quite open in confirming clubs contact but stressed his good relationship with Gordon and Tony and his drive to push the club forward. He spoke highly of Alloa chairman and his advice that if you feel you can work with the chairman then take the move, and that has been the case at St Mirren. He also said he gets involved in areas of the club that not his remit but it’s his nature to improve all areas of the club if he can. Let’s hope he says nope ‘I can’t work with Marcus Evans’! . As per usual with Jack you come away feeling good after watching his interview.

Thanks for sharing that (on an Ipswich perspective). Interesting he didn't reveal too much, but is meant to be on his second interview this week (perhaps both clubs want to try keep that as under wraps as possible?). 

Also, very interesting point you make about Ross getting involved in areas which are not part of his remit. I can only imagine that suits our owner, Marcus Evans, down to the ground, and would be music to his ears. It was noted down here (although somewhat played down at times), that Mick McCarthy was involved in everything, so can't help but feel if Ross was the same, our owner would be very keen. 

Interesting week for both clubs, IF Ross is on his second interview with us, that is. 

23 minutes ago, ironsaints87 said:

I wonder if the "talks between the clubs" is a reference to discussion on the level of compensation due by ITFC to St Mirren given our understanding that Jack and James are under contract?

1 minute ago, magnus said:

I wonder if the "talks between the clubs" is a reference to discussion on the level of compensation due by ITFC to St Mirren given our understanding that Jack and James are under contract?

Again, from a Ipswich perspective, I thought that as well. If he's had one interview, and is apparently set for another - perhaps it's now down to compensation for Ross and Fowler? 

6 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

Again, from a Ipswich perspective, I thought that as well. If he's had one interview, and is apparently set for another - perhaps it's now down to compensation for Ross and Fowler? 

Or at least having that information in the mix when weighing up the cost of hiring Jack and James against the cost of bringing in the other front runner. Of course, if Saints ask for too much and that became the issue that  ruled Jack out ..... who would be a football Chairman?

I think it's more about the players, current and potential future signings, than placating the fans.

Maybe they are in the loop as they enjoy their holiday, I hope those already committed to the club are kept up to speed.

Yup.

JR is developing a player battle plan. Key to that is recruitment and players won’t sign or be inclined if they think JR is for the off.

This interest in our manager is a shite state of affairs. But as ever, there will go those in the know !

We are but mere punters in the latest whataboutery

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Or at least having that information in the mix when weighing up the cost of hiring Jack and James against the cost of bringing in the other front runner. Of course, if Saints ask for too much and that became the issue that  ruled Jack out ..... who would be a football Chairman?

I would have thought, and I know I keep saying it, but if we have permission to speak with Ross (again, second interview), that we would/should roughly know how much your chairman is looking for in terms of compensation. 

Ha, you're not wrong! 

52 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

I would have thought, and I know I keep saying it, but if we have permission to speak with Ross (again, second interview), that we would/should roughly know how much your chairman is looking for in terms of compensation. 

Ha, you're not wrong! 

Money will not be a stumbling block if Ross  is offered the job  and wants it we are not the type of club to stop Ross progressing to bigger and better things. 

26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Money will not be a stumbling block if Ross  is offered the job  and wants it we are not the type of club to stop Ross progressing to bigger things. 

Fixed it for you.

A complete sideways step in the discussion so please don't read it if you are not interested in what Shrewsbury Town have been up to.  But before that no mention on their website of their manager and the Ipswich managerial vacancy. 

Shrewsbury Town to be first EFL club to install rail seating... Funded through Crowdfundibg.

26 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A complete sideways step in the discussion so please don't read it if you are not interested in what Shrewsbury Town have been up to.  But before that no mention on their website of their manager and the Ipswich managerial vacancy. 

Shrewsbury Town to be first EFL club to install rail seating... Funded through Crowdfundibg.

Ok on the same theme, will this impact Jack ?

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/ipswich.html

3 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

I was being generic, you're being specific.

Who made you the forum saviour? 

Respectful, away and check that mirror again. 

More strop from the lad in Abu Dhabi.... One of my favourite Emirates States.

Chill. Relax.  Enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Any real updates on this situation?

Can't be bothered reading the same posts time after time, need something worthwhile.

I'm knackered, bed time soon. 

We don't know mate.

My personal opinion is that he wouldn't have been invited for a tour and second interview so soon if he were still keen on Hurst - who realistically we can't talk to for well over a fortnight. It's not like we can say "Listen Jack, we like you but we are going to wait and see what Hursty says first.

I think he'll be offered the job within a week - but others on our forum believe we will wait for Hurst.

I think we are all convincing ourselves to believe what we want to hear.

Time for Jack to make his mind up.We need to beef up the squad time is now of the essence much as I appreciate what Jack has done for us we really need to get cracking on the recruitment front otherwise we could lose out on potential targets.Players obviously want to know who the boss will be before signing for us.