Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

32 minutes ago, billyg said:

Derby weren't mentioned in the story I heard !

Hes supposed to be on a list at Sunderland with the new owner waiting on the English FA rubber stamping the takeover. He seems well down on that list though with Mick McCarthy and Paul Cook ahead of him

10 minutes ago, StuD said:

Hes supposed to be on a list at Sunderland with the new owner waiting on the English FA rubber stamping the takeover. He seems well down on that list though with Mick McCarthy and Paul Cook ahead of him

I think it's Jack Ross that's starting these rumours.

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Ipswich to interview Paul Hurst on Monday so will be a few days yet before we know anything. If Hurst gets the job Scott must tie Jack down for at least a full season. 

Do you honestly think Shrewsbury would let us talk to Hurst in the week leading up to the biggest game of their season? They'd be mad too, and not only that, I think I'd lose a little bit of respect for Hurst doing so.

I think the feeling our end is, if we don't appoint Ross by Wednesday of next week, we can safely assume that our owner is waiting until the result of the play-off final next Sunday as to whether we make an approach for Hurst. Big weekend/early part of the week. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Ipswich to interview Paul Hurst on Monday so will be a few days yet before we know anything. If Hurst gets the job Scott must tie Jack down for at least a full season. 

How other than physically restraining him. We are not offering an enhanced contract to persuade him to stay, if he doesn't go to Ipswich his t&c's will be exactly as before this episode. I would imagine we would need to offer him another mega bucks contract to have any chance of him signing up to any clause preventing him from going to another job. It simply won't happen.

3 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

Do you honestly think Shrewsbury would let us talk to Hurst in the week leading up to the biggest game of their season? They'd be mad too, and not only that, I think I'd lose a little bit of respect for Hurst doing so.

I think the feeling our end is, if we don't appoint Ross by Wednesday of next week, we can safely assume that our owner is waiting until the result of the play-off final next Sunday as to whether we make an approach for Hurst. Big weekend/early part of the week. 

ITFC

This makes sense

Just now, St.Ricky said:

ITFC

This makes sense

Indeed, that's the way I see it anyway. However, if your man Div is to be believed, this could all be over with come close of play Monday, and you'll finally get some closure, and we'll finally get a manager that basically our whole fan base wants! 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

How other than physically restraining him. We are not offering an enhanced contract to persuade him to stay, if he doesn't go to Ipswich his t&c's will be exactly as before this episode. I would imagine we would need to offer him another mega bucks contract to have any chance of him signing up to any clause preventing him from going to another job. It simply won't happen.

I am still inclined to think that he will be signing for Ipswich.  Who his assistant will be,  I'm not so sure.  I started another thread looking at the options James Fowler and Saint Mirren have in the event of Jack being appointed.  A.  James goes with Jack as his assistant.  B James stays at Saints as Manager (I know what he has said in the past)  C He stays at  Saints as Assistant.  D He leaves Sainťs if a new management team comes in. A brings us compensation.  D Costs us compensation to be paid out to James.  So maybe not all straightforward. 

23 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

Understand what your saying and agree.  iIt's on Twitter and the tractor forum form a so called ( in the know ) 

22 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

Indeed, that's the way I see it anyway. However, if your man Div is to be believed, this could all be over with come close of play Monday, and you'll finally get some closure, and we'll finally get a manager that basically our whole fan base wants! 

Yea frustrating for both clubs fans. If Ross goes we need a replacement quick how can you sign players when they don't know who the manager is . Ross has a list of wants for Saints but maybe the new guy does not want some or all on the list . 

I was reading the NEWCASTLE chronicle website and started to laugh as Alex Rae, having played for Sunderland was being linked with the SAFC job. The smile soon disappeared  from my face when it went on to say JR was 3-1 third favourite :(. Please god do not let that happen. The Newcastle is in bold for the benefit of Stu D. Sunderland have the 'Echo as their local paper and not the Sunderland chronicle as he mentioned elsewhere. 

If Jack Ross get offered the job he will take it unless his request for sole control of all footballing matters are not met. He should take it and deserves it.

Ipswich have a history of giving managers time and even though they are not going to be one of the biggest spenders in the division with Jack at the helm they will no doubt be a success and with that would challenge for playoffs.

The great thing about all the interest in Jack shows what a good job he has done with us not only winning the league but the footballing style we managed to accomplish in.

My main disappointment would be if Jack does go I will always have that niggling feeling of what could he have achieved with us in the top flight. He had the potential to be a great.

I want to say now if Jack goes I want to wholeheartedly thank him for some of the greatest memories I have had as a long life St Mirren supporter.

22 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

If Jack Ross get offered the job he will take it unless his request for sole control of all footballing matters are not met. He should take it and deserves it.

Ipswich have a history of giving managers time and even though they are not going to be one of the biggest spenders in the division with Jack at the helm they will no doubt be a success and with that would challenge for playoffs.

The great thing about all the interest in Jack shows what a good job he has done with us not only winning the league but the footballing style we managed to accomplish in.

My main disappointment would be if Jack does go I will always have that niggling feeling of what could he have achieved with us in the top flight. He had the potential to be a great.

I want to say now if Jack goes I want to wholeheartedly thank him for some of the greatest memories I have had as a long life St Mirren supporter.

Jack is now taking the piss and harming the clubs preparations for next season. The magic spell is broken and we should now look at his term of office in the cold light of day. It has been great but job nowhere near finished and it will not be the same under him if he stays as we know he will jump ship ASAP. I will never be conned again by someone saying how wonderful the club and fans are. He is in it for the money exactly as most of us, myself included would be

Jack is now taking the piss and harming the clubs preparations for next season. The magic spell is broken and we should now look at his term of office in the cold light of day. It has been great but job nowhere near finished and it will not be the same under him if he stays as we know he will jump ship ASAP. I will never be conned again by someone saying how wonderful the club and fans are. He is in it for the money exactly as most of us, myself included would be
Harsh. This move could set his family up for life. He has every right to move if it suits him.

I love it when people start drinking early on a Friday. [emoji1]

His stock as a manager is as high as it could get. If he has a poor season in the Premiership next season with us he may never get the opportunity again.

Even though I would be gutted to see him leave he has a chance to further his career and for all he has achieved with us and knocking back the opportunity with both Dundee & Barnsley he would deserve it.

Players and managers move on we are constant as fans.

17 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

We are all frustrated.  But... Of course he is in it for the money.  Leave all the badge kissing stuff to the side.  Together with the new board,  he saved us from relegation and now gained us promotion.  It Was great.  Would you rather we had been relegated or not now won promotion? I think not.  OK.. I would like it sorted asap.  OK.. If he doesn't go now then I would like the board to negotiate a position which leaves us without this kind of disruption. Difficult,  costly. But doable

Edited by St.Ricky

Ross now 3/1 for the Sunderland job. Having my own business and employing a few staff if I had this staff member who is very good would I want this constant I'm going here there everywhere . No you need a stable business to move forward not the constant try this one the next one , have decided to stay oh got another offer. Jack needs to be honest with himself and his employees.  If course he wants to better himself yes we want keep him. There should be a bottom line we need to plan for the season ahead nobody should be bigger than the club. Understand compassion can help us but surly we need to look after our own house. 

Ross now 3/1 for the Sunderland job. Having my own business and employing a few staff if I had this staff member who is very good would I want this constant I'm going here there everywhere . No you need a stable business to move forward not the constant try this one the next one , have decided to stay oh got another offer. Jack needs to be honest with himself and his employees.  If course he wants to better himself yes we want keep him. There should be a bottom line we need to plan for the season ahead nobody should be bigger than the club. Understand compassion can help us but surly we need to look after our own house. 

Having your own business you will know that if you have an employee who is excelling then other bigger businesses would offer that employee more money to join them. Stability is key therefore the BoD should be constant in their ambitions and make the best appointment they can in moving the club forward with or without Jack.

I’m sure Jack has St Mirren in his heart but if opportunities come along to better your career and your family’s life you have to take them if they feel right.