Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

When Derek Adams got Ross County promoted, finished 7th in the SPL, took County to a cup final after beating Celtic in a semi-final it was Plymouth Argyle who appointed him in League 2. Unless English clubs have bought into the hype about Jack Ross being the special one I would imagine that would be the kind of level in England where Jack might have to start off with. I'm sure our first team budget and salaries will be comparable to the academies in the English Championship, and given our top division isn't held in high regard down south I can't imagine many big clubs in the Championship are desperate to take a punt on Jack based on a good 3 months at Alloa (after relegation) followed by a near miss with a 2nd relegation after joining St Mirren with 3/4 of the season left last year...

Guest TPAFKATS
When Derek Adams got Ross County promoted, finished 7th in the SPL, took County to a cup final after beating Celtic in a semi-final it was Plymouth Argyle who appointed him in League 2. Unless English clubs have bought into the hype about Jack Ross being the special one I would imagine that would be the kind of level in England where Jack might have to start off with. I'm sure our first team budget and salaries will be comparable to the academies in the English Championship, and given our top division isn't held in high regard down south I can't imagine many big clubs in the Championship are desperate to take a punt on Jack based on a good 3 months at Alloa (after relegation) followed by a near miss with a 2nd relegation after joining St Mirren with 3/4 of the season left last year...
Bit harsh on Ross last season

1 minute ago, zico said:

If Sunderland were to appoint Jack Ross as manager, I would imagine that their fans wouldn’t be too happy!

I wouldn't be - and that's got nothing to do with wanting to keep Ross at Paisley. 

The man has no knowledge of the players he would need to bring in at Sunderland to turn the club around, and he's got no contacts either. He'd be a massive risk as an appointment and Sunderland need a manager who will get wins straight away and build momentum - not sometime by January if a LinkedIn appeal for players works. None of the current St Mirren squad are of the standard needed in League One and he's way too hit or miss with his signings. If Sunderland are giving their new manager a transfer kitty of £10m I'd want someone in who can land the right quality.

Hurst or Cook would be my preferred choices. Managers who have done well on a budget from the league we're in now and managers who know how to develop a long term plan. Donald likes Wilder - I get that. He's worked his way up through the divisions in England too. Jack Ross - he'd be like an apprentice getting a job thats way too big for him. 

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

This in spades. 

Stubbs too - got Hibs promoted and won the Scottish Cup. Rotherham United. 

5 minutes ago, StuD said:

This in spades. 

Stubbs too - got Hibs promoted and won the Scottish Cup. Rotherham United. 

Paul Lambert. Managed Livi them took Norwich from 3rd tier to EPL. Alex Neil managed Accies and got Norwich promoted to EPL. Important to highlight examples of rookie managers getting success and not just singling out failures. 

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

Paul Lambert. Managed Livi them took Norwich from 3rd tier to EPL. Alex Neil managed Accies and got Norwich promoted to EPL. Important to highlight examples of rookie managers getting success and not just singling out failures. 

Paul Lambert managed 2 English clubs before Norwich and didn't move from Livi to Norwich... Wycombe Wanderers (4th tier) and Colchester United (League 1) were his route to the Norwich job, despite having won the Champions League with Dortmund, played in Word Cup with Scotland and captained Celtic as well as managed in the top division in Scotland before managing down south.

2 minutes ago, norman said:

Yes. Stubbs spectacularly failed and Hibs got lucky when Rotherham came in for him as it saved them having to sack their cup winning manager. Surprised Dicky didn't know that.

No point in letting facts getting in the way. 

12 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Paul Lambert managed 2 English clubs before Norwich and didn't move from Livi to Norwich... Wycombe Wanderers (4th tier) and Colchester United (League 1) were his route to the Norwich job, despite having won the Champions League with Dortmund, played in Word Cup with Scotland and captained Celtic as well as managed in the top division in Scotland before managing down south.

Dib stop bringing facts into this debate. You will just confuse him

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My point was about young Scots managers managing small clubs in Scotland and succeeding in England.  

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

My point was about young Scots managers managing small clubs in Scotland and succeeding in England.  

My point is its unlikely that Championship level clubs in England are going to hand their multi-million pound budgets to Jack Ross based on his great 3 months with Alloa and winning the Scottish Championship with St Mirren, especially if they bother doing much due dilligence.

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My point is its unlikely that Championship level clubs in England are going to hand their multi-million pound budgets to Jack Ross based on his great 3 months with Alloa and winning the Scottish Championship with St Mirren, especially if they bother doing much due dilligence.

I'll bet you Barnsley wish they'd offered Jack Ross the job, rather than appointing the "experienced" diddy that they ended up appointing after due diligence I'd imagine.:wink:

56 minutes ago, StuD said:

I've got to say as well another thing I don't get is that I'm being accused by some users of being "negative" or "derogatory towards the club". My position is 100% that Jack Ross has not been offered any other managers post to this point and as far as I understood it Jack Ross staying at St Mirren was exactly what the majority of St Mirren fans wanted. I'm giving you good news - honest news - and still I get derided for it. :rolleyes: I'm almost surprised I haven't been thrown in the sin bin for giving you the news you all wanted to hear. 

Schizophrenic and psychotic - yep that seems to rather accurately describe a huge section of the St Mirren support both on here and on Facebook. 

That is stating the obvious and yes, most want to retain the present management team. No reason to change for now.  You do love to wind people up. 

I think Jack Ross will still be St Mirren manager next season.

I also think someone will start other threads linking him with vacancies elsewhere ( probably not necessarily in football ffs )

My verdict

Non story

Standing by this 100%

Was certainly correct about some clown starting many threads effectively about the same thing as well.

9 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Standing by this 100%

Was certainly correct about some clown starting many threads effectively about the same thing as well.

Why don't you start some threads on other topics WDWB? 

An increasing number of people have in the last few weeks. 

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Adams had been sacked by McGregor at Ross County so the shine had come off. No shame in that as the clown then sacked Jim McIntyre and promptly appointed Coyle !

The interesting bit about this is that Derek Adams is not being quoted for vacant jobs. He'd done a brilliant job at Plymouth and has shown he more than has what it takes.

Maybe Adams is more than happy where he is but I would have thought a few Championship teams would have taken note of what he has done at Plymouth on a small budget.

I can't quite get why Jack Ross would be ahead of guys like this in England.  Jack Ross is totally untested at a decent level.

Edited by lenziebud

St. Mirren give permission for Ipswich to speak to Jack Ross.

Jack Ross has been interviewed by Ipswich.

Jack Ross has been given a second interview by Ipswich.

Jack Ross has spoken to Sunderland.

St. Mirren have made Jack Ross a new offer

The above statements form the basis of all 52 pages of this urine soaked pathetic excuse for a thread.

As far as I’m aware none of the above statements have been corroborated by Jack Ross, St. Mirren FC, Ipswich Town FC or Sunderland FC.

Can everyone not just calm the f**k down until something is actually confirmed. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

St. Mirren give permission for Ipswich to speak to Jack Ross.

Jack Ross has been interviewed by Ipswich.

Jack Ross has been given a second interview by Ipswich.

Jack Ross has spoken to Sunderland.

St. Mirren have made Jack Ross a new offer

The above statements form the basis of all 52 pages of this urine soaked pathetic excuse for a thread.

As far as I’m aware none of the above statements have been corroborated by Jack Ross, St. Mirren FC, Ipswich Town FC or Sunderland FC.

Can everyone not just calm the f**k down until something is actually confirmed. 

And for all we know "Jack Ross has spoken to Sunderland" might have been him phoning their ticket office. It certainly seems highly unlikely he would have spoken to Stewart Donald who had more important things on his mind. 

Totally agree though. The state some people have got themselves into over these agent led stories is beyond ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, StuD said:

And for all we know "Jack Ross has spoken to Sunderland" might have been him phoning their ticket office. It certainly seems highly unlikely he would have spoken to Stewart Donald who had more important things on his mind. 

Totally agree though. The state some people have got themselves into over these agent led stories is beyond ridiculous. 

Ha ha. Nice try StuD.

Neither is there any evidence to support your theory of this being agent lead. 

There is one other group of people who are known for making a bit of mischief every now and then. They are called journalists. Lazy journalists. In a closed season. When there isn’t a lot to write about.

Just out of curiosity though, are you suggesting that these stories are agent driven with or without Jack’s knowledge?

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2