Sign in to follow this  
St.Ricky

Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

52 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

What is your agenda here Stuart???

You are away from the forum for years & come back to re-start your campaign of hate against all things St Mirren.

Out of all the posts I've read on here 1 person(only you) is saying Jack Ross would have went to Dundee if offered I take it you have proof of this that you would like to provide to all of us lesser mortals.

I could actually have believed that if it was a stand alone comment from you but then you write the "Media Darlings" part about the Barnsley job and you start to sound like an angry ex girlfriend jealous of the new squeeze in her ex's life.

The last 18 months where most things were rosy in the St Mirren garden must have seriously depressed you and you have sat in your little garden shed plotting revenge & this pathetic nonsense is all you can come up with.

I don't really care if Jack Ross was/is interested in every managerial job in the UK as we all knew long ago it was only a matter of time before he left & when he does life goes on but your hate campaign will drag on alot longer as you just can't let go.

I'm not "hating" anything Ronnie. Simply pointing out the facts to some poor deluded fools who seem to have lost all sense of reason. 

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'd there is something Stuart can do is start a debate with a spanner thrown in to loosen up a few nuts and bolts lol. 

There's loads of nuts on this forum - that's for sure. :rolleyes: 

If you think Loy signed for the love of Falkirk and not more money than we were offering then you are perhaps more naive than I thought.   The point about other players being on higher wages than him at St Mirren is irrelevant.  I was citing the case of Loy as an example where a club e.g.   Falkirk offered more than what our club deemed he was worth contract wise or couldn't match.

Do you honestly believe that any young kid  being touted for any of the top clubs in England or Scotland wouldn't have their parents thinking of the possible wages earned at those clubs than diddy clubs like ours?  A lot of kids are in the sport dreaming of earning loads of money with the biggest clubs much like those kids who want instant success through TV talent shows.  I am not saying all kids do this but in the 21st Century most young people want instant success and stardom.  There are many in football who fail at those top clubs and end up lower down the leagues with provincial clubs.  

15 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

StuD does raise some reasonable points but generally they are the bait that drag people in to allow him to continue to advance his anti saints agenda, skim and don't respond and hopefully it will all go away for a few months.

Dickson also has a very large chip in his shoulder , which should be remembered . .

10 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

If you think Loy signed for the love of Falkirk and not more money than we were offering then you are perhaps more naive than I thought.   The point about other players being on higher wages than him at St Mirren is irrelevant.  I was citing the case of Loy as an example where a club e.g.   Falkirk offered more than what our club deemed he was worth contract wise or couldn't match.

Do you honestly believe that any young kid  being touted for any of the top clubs in England or Scotland wouldn't have their parents thinking of the possible wages earned at those clubs than diddy clubs like ours?  A lot of kids are in the sport dreaming of earning loads of money with the biggest clubs much like those kids who want instant success through TV talent shows.  I am not saying all kids do this but in the 21st Century most young people want instant success and stardom.  There are many in football who fail at those top clubs and end up lower down the leagues with provincial clubs.  

Falkirk are currently rated above St Mirren in the Business Insider Scottish Football review in terms of financial and business management.  Falkirk changed their CEO mid season.  One of the first actions taken was to get rid of their youth academy.  Their stadium is essentially owned by the council.  They also have a trust which is very active in the community.  They have a gym for high performance athletes and a 7 day a week cafe/restaurant and meeting rooms etc.  A number of organisations rent space.  The CEO is (I believe)  CEO of the trust.  The playing surface is well used by the community.  The car park has car cleaning and a learn to drive area for under 17s. They are investing in  their Trust staff,  at least one of whom,  is studying part time for an MBA after life as a player and a coach.  

I am an unashamed fan of Saint Mirren.  We have some catch up-to do on our off the field and community involvement but,  just like our team on the pitch,  we are on our way.  I don't think SD is being negative in bringing things forward where we can do better.  Doesn't mean that I expect to agree with him or he with me all of the time. 

45 minutes ago, StuD said:

I'm not "hating" anything Ronnie. Simply pointing out the facts to some poor deluded fools who seem to have lost all sense of reason. 

Stop tormenting them and leave them alone.  

32 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Instant success and stardom in football is far more likely if you break through with a club like St Mirren. It's much more difficult to be a youngster and to get a start in the Celtic line up. Kids might not be that pragmatic but parents certainly are - in the main. The truth is though that the argument that Celtic and "Rangers" put up in their recruitment is absolutely valid. 50% - 60% of Old Firms reject will get full time work in football. You simply cannot say the same thing about other academies in Scotland. They can claim this is proof their coaching is better - in reality its more a case of their recruitment being better - whilst clubs like St Mirren are more than happy to feed off the scraps.  

37 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

StuD does raise some reasonable points but generally they are the bait that drag people in to allow him to continue to advance his anti saints agenda, skim and don't respond and hopefully it will all go away for a few months.

Is it anti St Mirren to point out that Jack Ross hasn't been offered another job since he became St Mirren manager? I thought most St Mirren fans were keen to keep Ross, however you seem to be suggesting that to be pro St Mirren you need to be like some of the forumsters on here who are basically writing Jack Ross's references for unofficial Ipswich Town websites in a bid to get him punted. :blink:

6 minutes ago, StuD said:

Is it anti St Mirren to point out that Jack Ross hasn't been offered another job since he became St Mirren manager? I thought most St Mirren fans were keen to keep Ross, however you seem to be suggesting that to be pro St Mirren you need to be like some of the forumsters on here who are basically writing Jack Ross's references for unofficial Ipswich Town websites in a bid to get him punted. :blink:

That will be the deluded one.  Think most would be more than happy to retain the services of the present management team, as we need to keep the consistency.

You said yourself Jack  wouldn't be able to build a team to win the championship. Not everybody gets it right.  Even past chairman and boards. So why don't you let bygones by bygones.

Go buy yourself a season ticket if you have nothing better to do with your time.

6 minutes ago, pod said:

That will be the deluded one.  Think most would be more than happy to retain the services of the present management team, as we need to keep the consistency.

You said yourself Jack  wouldn't be able to build a team to win the championship. Not everybody gets it right.  Even past chairman and boards. So why don't you let bygones by bygones.

Go buy yourself a season ticket if you have nothing better to do with your time.

I certainly don't remember saying that. I was heavily critical of Ross's performance as manager prior to February 2017 - I think justifiably so. I also questioned, correctly, his initial activity during the January 2017 transfer window where he released Walsh, Shankland, and Hardie (37 goals between them this season) and replaced them with Storie, Fjelde and Loy. I also remember praising the signings of Cammy Smith, highlighting that the club should play him through the middle and not the wide left position Ross was using him in, Eckersley and Stephen McGinn. 

I also predicted a 6th place finish for St Mirren this season. As I stated clearly I thought the starting 11 was good enough to compete to win the league but I questioned the quality of the back up. Most of that backup has been shifted out - many of them on loan in January - so clearly whilst the league position placing was wrong, my judgement on the playing staff wasn't too far out. 

39 minutes ago, pod said:

From which some of the young player benefit from. 

A win, win for all concerned especially if we are then able to generate fees when some of them move on. 

A strong reminder this afternoon of why Jack Ross will be desperate to get that big move this summer while his stock is as high as it ever will be with St Mirren. 

Alan Archibald was getting all the plaudits last summer for guiding Thistle to a top 6 finish and this afternoon he has taken them via the play offs into the championship. He may well be sacked in the coming days and his chance of a move to a bigger club halted for the time being and possibly gone forever.

i want Jack to sign a new contract, stay at St Mirren and take the club forward like he has done so admirably in the last 18 months. However, I understand that a manager with a young family who hasn't made a great deal from football as a player that he must be very keen to get that life changing deal with a top club in Scotland or England.

Sadly I still think if he doesn't get the Ipswich gig that other clubs much bigger than us will come looking for him over the summer even if he does sign a new improved contract.

Interesting times at St Mirren.

Edited by Mr Zo

2 hours ago, StuD said:

The sooner all members put u on ignore the better. I will start. Byeeee

2 hours ago, StuD said:

I certainly don't remember saying that. I was heavily critical of Ross's performance as manager prior to February 2017 - I think justifiably so. I also questioned, correctly, his initial activity during the January 2017 transfer window where he released Walsh, Shankland, and Hardie (37 goals between them this season) and replaced them with Storie, Fjelde and Loy. I also remember praising the signings of Cammy Smith, highlighting that the club should play him through the middle and not the wide left position Ross was using him in, Eckersley and Stephen McGinn. 

I also predicted a 6th place finish for St Mirren this season. As I stated clearly I thought the starting 11 was good enough to compete to win the league but I questioned the quality of the back up. Most of that backup has been shifted out - many of them on loan in January - so clearly whilst the league position placing was wrong, my judgement on the playing staff wasn't too far out. 

:lol: Brilliant !!:lol:    Shankland accounts for 30 of those goals on his own ( In the THIRD tier of Scottish football )  What does that say about the other two free scoring superstars who couldnt even get in to double figures combined ? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

:lol: Brilliant !!:lol:    Shankland accounts for 30 of those goals on his own ( In the THIRD tier of Scottish football )  What does that say about the other two free scoring superstars who couldnt even get in to double figures combined ? :lol:

It says that I've been unfair to Ryan Hardie and only counted his goals since January. The figure should actually be 43 - and Shankland only accounts for 26 since I've only counted league goals. 

Edited by StuD

1 minute ago, StuD said:

It says that I've been unfair to Ryan Hardie and only counted his goals since January. The figure should actually be 43 - and Shankland has only accounts for 26 since I've only counted league goals. 

So basically what you initially posted was absolute shite .  Not like you .:lol:

14 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

A strong reminder this afternoon of why Jack Ross will be desperate to get that big move this summer while his stock is as high as it ever will be with St Mirren. 

Alan Archibald was getting all the plaudits last summer for guiding Thistle to a top 6 finish and this afternoon he has taken them via the play offs into the championship. He may well be sacked in the coming days and his chance of a move to a bigger club halted for the time being and possibly gone forever.

i want Jack to sign a new contract, stay at St Mirren and take the club forward like he has done so admirably in the last 18 months. However, I understand that a manager with a young family who hasn't made a great deal from football as a player that he must be very keen to get that life changing deal with a top club in Scotland or England.

Sadly I still think if he doesn't get the Ipswich gig that other clubs much bigger than us will come looking for him over the summer even if he does sign a new improved contract.

Interesting times at St Mirren.

If Jack doesn't move to ITFC and an improved contract is on the table the BOD have to have a commitment from JR to honour the contract to ensure stability at the club. That means the club deciding whether cany interested clubs are given permission or not to talk to  the manager.  I understand any manager wanting to go on to bigger and better things but we need a commitment otherwise any contract is worthless. We need to be a bit more selfish and not as nice for the benefit of our club.

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So basically what you initially posted was absolute shite .  Not like you .:lol:

I'm glad I did it - it made you look stupid. 

Jack Ross punted 43 league goals and replaced them with Storie, Fjelde and Loy. Loy has scored 1 league goal this season. Craig Storie had a great season at Brechin where he hasn't managed a single league appearance. And Pal Fjelde is recovering from being released from a team in the Faroe Islands and is gearing up for a summer season in the Norwegian Third Division. 

2 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

If Jack doesn't move to ITFC and an improved contract is on the table the BOD have to have a commitment from JR to honour the contract to ensure stability at the club. That means the club deciding whether cany interested clubs are given permission or not to talk to  the manager.  I understand any manager wanting to go on to bigger and better things but we need a commitment otherwise any contract is worthless. We need to be a bit more selfish and not as nice for the benefit of our club.

Absolutely Nedflanders. Or at least a very inflated compensation figure within the contract. 

3 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

We're not being nice it's almost certainly written into his contract. There was never going to be a good time for this to happen but i'd rather it was now than halfway through the season.

2 minutes ago, StuD said:

I'm glad I did it - it made you look stupid. 

Jack Ross punted 43 league goals and replaced them with Storie, Fjelde and Loy. Loy has scored 1 league goal this season. Craig Storie had a great season at Brechin where he hasn't managed a single league appearance. And Pal Fjelde is recovering from being released from a team in the Faroe Islands and is gearing up for a summer season in the Norwegian Third Division. 

Aye , thats it right enough.   JR punted 43 league goals !!  FFS you really are a f**kin tool.   Remind me how many goals that lot scored for saints ?