Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

1 hour ago, pod said:

That is stating the obvious and yes, most want to retain the present management team. No reason to change for now.  You do love to wind people up. 

I do, but I'm not trying to wind anyone up on here. 

Ross hasn't been offered any jobs as yet - that's fact.

Ross is not first choice at Ipswich - that may or may not be fact, but it certainly looks that way. In fact it looks like he might not even be third choice anymore. 

It's highly unlikely Jack Ross has spoken to Stewart Donald or Charlie Methven at Sunderland, as was being punted by the Daily Record, as they have been rather busy over the weekend ensuring their takeover of Sunderland went through. 

And what is absolutely obvious is that Jack Ross's agent is working hard trying desperately to get him a new club - something the gullible around here would do well to notice and remember the next time Ross is talking about his love for the job and his unfinished work.

None of this should be remotely controversial, yet those grinding and gnashing their teeth in between foaming at the mouth on here seem to think the best way to keep Jack Ross at St Mirren is to inflate his ego some more. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ha ha. Nice try StuD.

Neither is there any evidence to support your theory of this being agent lead. 

There is one other group of people who are known for making a bit of mischief every now and then. They are called journalists. Lazy journalists. In a closed season. When there isn’t a lot to write about.

Just out of curiosity though, are you suggesting that these stories are agent driven with or without Jack’s knowledge?

With Ross's knowledge. 

Agents are typically the ones that push this sort of shite out. It's manager merry go round season and those looking for jobs / new jobs are always desperate to be quoted. It's pretty obvious too. Seriously, Alex Rae was being touted as favourite for the Sunderland job on Friday. He might be an ex Sunderland player but he's got about as much chance as I have. Sunderland were a soft target because if Donald or Methven denied it they could claim their client had spoke to Short or to Bain, 

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I'll bet you Barnsley wish they'd offered Jack Ross the job, rather than appointing the "experienced" diddy that they ended up appointing after due diligence I'd imagine.:wink:

It would have been the first time Jack turned around a club's fortunes in a few months with no transfer windows to utilise.

19 hours ago, StuD said:

Anyone with a brain can see that.

18 hours ago, StuD said:

Yep. 

Phil Neville this week reportedly sent Stevie Gerrard a Tweet saying "Im managing a girls team and you're boss in the pub league." Sure hes joking but rightly or wrongly thats how English football sees the Scottish game.

17 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

That tweet came from a parody account not Phil Neville :lol:

image.png.16169089e8635a4d4ed48065d5e3e2f9.png

image.png.c1f214afb5964c4050d398f38c06daaa.png

:toilet

9 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Adams had been sacked by McGregor at Ross County so the shine had come off. No shame in that as the clown then sacked Jim McIntyre and promptly appointed Coyle !

The interesting bit about this is that Derek Adams is not being quoted for vacant jobs. He'd done a brilliant job at Plymouth and has shown he more than has what it takes.

Maybe Adams is more than happy where he is but I would have thought a few Championship teams would have taken note of what he has done at Plymouth on a small budget.

I can't quite get why Jack Ross would be ahead of guys like this in England.  Jack Ross is totally untested at a decent level.

Who says that Jack Ross is ahead of the guys you are thinking about? - ok his name is being linked publicly, but the best clubs manage to conceal much of their business and it does little harm leaking out some "news" to keep the press running their merry dance.

And as you say Ross has zilch recent experience and little recent knowledge of players in England at the levels these clubs are at...  I don't believe that JR has been considered as a 1st choice manager at any of the teams in England. The clubs are using him as a competitor to the managers that they really want, and possible as one they will watch for the future (Since he won the accolade of Scotland's best manager - (for 1 season)  OR if they are truly serious - He will be brought in to support someone with more experience and knowledge.

No big club like Ipswich would likely take this level of risk otherwise..

58 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Who says that Jack Ross is ahead of the guys you are thinking about? - ok his name is being linked publicly, but the best clubs manage to conceal much of their business and it does little harm leaking out some "news" to keep the press running their merry dance.

And as you say Ross has zilch recent experience and little recent knowledge of players in England at the levels these clubs are at...  I don't believe that JR has been considered as a 1st choice manager at any of the teams in England. The clubs are using him as a competitor to the managers that they really want, and possible as one they will watch for the future (Since he won the accolade of Scotland's best manager - (for 1 season)  OR if they are truly serious - He will be brought in to support someone with more experience and knowledge.

No big club like Ipswich would likely take this level of risk otherwise..

Still the bookies favoured number one this morning. 

16 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Seeing as both your yourself and Ned have agreed on this, my apologies. My understanding of the term was incorrect then.

No need for apologies mate. The concept was invented because I think some clubs and managers feared a longer contract which both would find it difficult to get out of, financially. A one year (or however long) rolling contract gives some certainty as to the cost of getting out of the contract for either party.

Those comparing Jack Ross with x, y and z manager are missing one important factor. These guys are all human, and are all completely different people, have had different experiences, have a different temperament, different contacts, hopes, fears, expectations and desires, as well as many other intangible attributes.

Jack Ross could go down and be the next Alex Ferguson, or he could be the next Robbie Neilson. He'll likely be somewhere in between, but it's not an exact science, and if I say I think he has the ability and mindset to succeed down there, it's every bit as plausible as someone saying he hasn't. The comparison with other managers is neither here nor there to be honest.

14 hours ago, StuD said:

Div must be related to Jack Ross's agent. He was writing a reference for him on this website trying to punt him to Ipswich too. :rolleyes: 

I think most St.Mirren fans rate Jack Ross very highly. I'm far from alone in that.

You and your wee pal in the Sin Bin just love to be different, because it gets you the attention you crave.

It's really quite a sad existence but it's a scab you just cannot keep picking. Back you come time and time again.

8 minutes ago, div said:

I think most St.Mirren fans rate Jack Ross very highly. I'm far from alone in that.

You and your wee pal in the Sin Bin just love to be different, because it gets you the attention you crave.

It's really quite a sad existence but it's a scab you just cannot keep picking. Back you come time and time again.

Wank Tank?

2 hours ago, div said:

If you and others rate him so highly why are you so desperate to help punt him? Why would anyone that rates him believe I'm being negative when I state correctly he has had no other job offers as yet despite all the gnashing, wailing and moaning on here and on Facebook? 

1 minute ago, StuD said:

If you and others rate him so highly why are you so desperate to help punt him? Why would anyone that rates him believe I'm being negative when I state correctly he has had no other job offers as yet despite all the gnashing, wailing and moaning on here and on Facebook? 

You think Ipswich have come in for Jack because I think he's a good manager?  :lol:

What do you expect me to say? "Nah mate, I know he won PFA manager of the year, Championship manager of the year and won the league by 12 points, but really he's absolutely shit"

The only person I here wailing is you, because you want some attention.

1 minute ago, div said:

You think Ipswich have come in for Jack because I think he's a good manager?  :lol:

What do you expect me to say? "Nah mate, I know he won PFA manager of the year, Championship manager of the year and won the league by 12 points, but really he's absolutely shit"

The only person I here wailing is you, because you want some attention.

Rubbish. I'm just setting people straight. Ross has no offers from anywhere yet. Your agenda is plain to see though. You were desperate to drive up traffic. So desperate you plugged the reintroduction of the Sin Bin on Twitter. Well done. You got what you were desperate for

5 minutes ago, StuD said:

Correct and is still the St Mirren mamger the flip side of the coin Ipswich and Sunderland have spoken to him if offered  ether job Jack is off for a life changing job which he won't refuse. Saints offer can't come close what he can get down south but maybe if he is not offered ether job there is a clues in the new contract he stay's for one season. If Jack is off I would love to see Robbie Neilson lead Saints next season.

4 minutes ago, StuD said:

Rubbish. I'm just setting people straight. Ross has no offers from anywhere yet. Your agenda is plain to see though. You were desperate to drive up traffic. So desperate you plugged the reintroduction of the Sin Bin on Twitter. Well done. You got what you were desperate for

What the actual fuck are you rambling about here?

You've become a parody of yourself, and believe me, that's not a good thing.

10 minutes ago, StuD said:

Confirmation that you are not just an attention seeking troll, but a paranoid one. Found out again. :lol:

15 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My point is its unlikely that Championship level clubs in England are going to hand their multi-million pound budgets to Jack Ross based on his great 3 months with Alloa and winning the Scottish Championship with St Mirren, especially if they bother doing much due dilligence.

So how does that theory work with Steven Gerrard ?

30 minutes ago, StuD said:

Thanks for setting us straight

Please leave our forum and set the other clubs in the UK straight....................

Does St Mirren get you all excited ? :P

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

He's trying to get you to put him in the wank tank so he can claim he's being victimised for having a different opinion.

Yeah, I think you are right. He shouldn't really be here at all, he asked to be excluded the last time after I put him in there.

He keeps coming back. A guy who hates St.Mirren, yet spends hours every day on a St.Mirren forum trolling Saints fans.

It's borderline creepy.

4 minutes ago, div said:

Yeah, I think you are right. He shouldn't really be here at all, he asked to be excluded the last time after I put him in there.

He keeps coming back. A guy who hates St.Mirren, yet spends hours every day on a St.Mirren forum trolling Saints fans.

It's borderline creepy.

Seriously Div- the guy  is unreal- his agenda is just to disrupt. Can you not just block his access permanently ...................... yes we all have squabbles in here from time to time, but this guy, with his 300 word essays is just Anti Saints .....................