Who do we want to win the play-off?

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If we are going to survive the premiership for me it's not about others it's about us. What I enjoy is a bit of atmosphere Thistle will bring that to the table , Livie ? 

Fair comment IOB. 

Have to admit that I  am  torn on this one. 

Thistle... Crowd. Old Rivalries

Livvy..I like the stadium and parking is easy.  Some tough games against them this season. 

May the best team win

PS.  Perhaps McGinn might be more likely to join us if Thistle drop down. 

Now, now, now

Obviously (as stated already) Partick is closer and likely to be a Friday night fixture as well.  So cheap bus for the supporters clubs to run and a wee daunder into the overpriced, wanky West End for a post match beer for those of you who drink foreign muck.  They do however play at a proper football ground.

The footballing fan in me however compels me toward the underdog.  Livingston here are the underdog.  Indeed Livingston gained promotion to the Championship only last year and now stand on the verge of winning back to back promotions to Scottish football's top table.  That is already some achievement by Livingston (and in particular David Hopkin).   Even though they don't play at a proper football ground (it's a pasta bowl).

So all things considered I would like to see Livingston achieve promotion, livingston for promotion indeed.

Thistle for me, and I think they'll have too much quality for Livi, and will deal with their physical approach. Works up to a point, but I think they just lack that bit of quality. Hardie's absence will hurt them, and if De Vita also misses out their options would be limited up front.

Thistle will have had a morale boost from avoiding the automatic drop, and over two legs will be too good for Livi.

And so will return one of my favourite away days of recent years. :wink:

ETA: We only play whoever wins this 4 (or perhaps 3) times next season. Their effect on our season will be negligible - it's up to us how we do.

Edited by Soctty

3 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Now, now, now

Obviously (as stated already) Partick is closer and likely to be a Friday night fixture as well.  So cheap bus for the supporters clubs to run and a wee daunder into the overpriced, wanky West End for a post match beer for those of you who drink foreign muck.  They do however play at a proper football ground.

The footballing fan in me however compels me toward the underdog.  Livingston here are the underdog.  Indeed Livingston gained promotion to the Championship only last year and now stand on the verge of winning back to back promotions to Scottish football's top table.  That is already some achievement by Livingston (and in particular David Hopkin).   Even though they don't play at a proper football ground (it's a pasta bowl).

So all things considered I would like to see Livingston achieve promotion, livingston for promotion indeed.

Proper ground. Have you been there recently  TT?. Main stand is an accident waiting to happen and only three sides to the rest of it. awful ground but closer and lots of pubs nearby.

F**king pub card again. Join a pub club. Seems being a piss artist is a prerequisite to be a football club fan. What a bunch of Neanderthal f wits we have masquerading as football fans. F**king Scottish disease. Get in a big circle and kick each other hard up the arse. A wee bit (or a lot) of alcohol down your gullet and you think that makes you worthy. F off! It makes you a total f wit. There.....
^^^^^needs a drink^^^^^

3 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Nup, just pointing out the bleeding obvious of being a Neanderthal Scottish 'football' fan. Just an excuse for a piss up for many. Been like that for years. Tell me I'm wrong............ I prefer going to the pub in the evening with good company, not before and after the football with 'the lads'. Each to there own........ "see you Jimmy, you are are real pal, yi know that" "Aye, thanks Shuggie, a like you tae. Want another pint?" "Aye, just time fur wan mair a think"

What a couple of tossers........ a well, be deid soon no doubt. Liver disease or hit by a bus...... no loss..............

Do you come with a translation book?  WTF is the above - Code ??

56 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

F**king pub card again. Join a pub club. Seems being a piss artist is a prerequisite to be a football club fan. What a bunch of Neanderthal f wits we have masquerading as football fans. F**king Scottish disease. Get in a big circle and kick each other hard up the arse. A wee bit (or a lot) of alcohol down your gullet and you think that makes you worthy. F off! It makes you a total f wit. There.....

Weirdo alert...on several scores... <_<

2 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Thing is fartybastard you know I'm right. Too many piss artist f wits masquerading as St Mirren 'fans'. Are you one, two or all three of forementioned? I reckon you're a two outa three. Which two? hard to tell. Click for Translation from Pish to English

"The Thing is Slartibartfast is you know that I am correct. There are to many silly people, who enjoy a liquid refreshment masquerading as St Mirren 'fans'. Are you one, two or all three of aforementioned?  I reckon that you are two out of three...... But which two as its hard to tell "

There you go mate, glad to help

2 hours ago, st jock said:
2 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

^^^^^needs a drink^^^^^

I think he already had one or more  :guinness

5 hours ago, guinness said:

Proper ground. Have you been there recently  TT?. Main stand is an accident waiting to happen and only three sides to the rest of it. awful ground but closer and lots of pubs nearby.

In my day all grounds were like that, all grounds indeed.

18 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

In my day all grounds were like that, all grounds indeed.

Come on TT. I actually like being in the old stand at Patrick but never the less it is well past it's sell by date.  Forgetting safety for the moment... The loos are tiny.  Smelly and totally inadequate for these times.  On the same basis,  I like the old stand at Morton but......  Somerset Park is another. Most improved grounds in recent years which still retain the atmosphere are,  I think,  both in Edinburgh at Easter Road and Tynecastke.  Add in Celtic Park and Ibrox and we have examples of good modern stadiums.  Fill in the corners at Greenville Road and put in safe standing at one end and our stadium will rock. 

Edited by St.Ricky

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Come on TT. I actually like being in the old stand at Patrick but never the less it is well past it's sell by date.  Forgetting safety for the moment... The loos are tiny.  Smelly and totally inadequate for these times.  On the same basis,  I like the old stand at Morton but......  Somerset Park is another. 

Okay...erm good for you, good for you indeed

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Most improved grounds in recent years which still retain the atmosphere are,  I think,  both in Edinburgh at Easter Road and Tynecastke.  Add in Celtic Park and Ibrox and we have examples of good modern stadiums.

I've always loved an away day to Tynecastle. I'm making plans to come up for my birthday in September with some of the lads from down here and nothing would beat an away day at Tynecastle. Atmosphere is brilliant and the view from the away end is fantastic. Knowing my luck it'll be a match against the bigots that gets moved to the Sunday.

Celtic Park being a good modern stadium - no, not when you have those stupid massive green pillars blocking your view.

Exactly what I was thinking. Restricted views, rabbit warren, fire risk are exactly how I would describe it.

Well, I guess we won't be the relegation favourites then....

Actually, I think we've a better chance of staying up in the Premiership than we would getting out of that Championship. ICT and Falkirk will be more competitive then throw Ross County, United, Dunfermline and Thistle into the mix. Tough, tough league.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

While I wanted it to be Partick I have to say they didn't deserve any more than they got. Partick sleepwalked into the Championship. No heart. No passion. No talent. And, going on those two performances, no managerial talent.

There's didn't seem to be any passion among the Partick players and that was the most disappointing thing. I didn't see much of the second leg but in the first leg Livi were fighting for everything and looked like they actually wanted to win. 

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Well, I guess we won't be the relegation favourites then....

Actually, I think we've a better chance of staying up in the Premiership than we would getting out of that Championship. ICT and Falkirk will be more competitive then throw Ross County, United, Dunfermline and Thistle into the mix. Tough, tough league.

I always look forward to the Championship as it usually is a very hard league to call and it usually is the most competitive league in Scotland. That list of teams looks incredibly meaty. What a season it will be.