New Manager

faraway saint

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Looks like we're already contributing to the Ipswich economy with St Mirren supporters looking to visit.

:lol:

Campbell Kennedy should run a Bus.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Assuming Div is right, he's never been wrong, who would be the best manager for us? 

Another good thread Faraway but in your own inimitable style..  There is a thread already running on this topic.  Just saying.  Anyway If JR goes then we get compensation from Ipswich.  Add that to our Premiership Fighting Fund and bring in a manager who is "between jobs" and has something to prove.  Preferably with experience and contacts north and South of the border as a player and  manager. 

Edited by St.Ricky

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No news on our new manager yet?

It's a done deal...................someone must know something, c'mon, let us all be ITK. :rolleyes:

I wonder why Gordon Strachan was in Asda in Linwood earlier today ???

:P

We have some nuggets of supporters.

Whining that, due to being a good manager, JR is being tempted by other clubs.

His reputation is very high, comparatively speaking and a mid table Championship side is quite a step for a manager who has done well in the 2nd tier of a country where the majority of teams get embarrassed every season in Europe.

Take it JR, you might not get another chance.  

On 16/05/2018 at 7:24 PM, faraway saint said:

Assuming Div is right, he's never been wrong, who would be the best manager for us? 

You do know that there is an existing , long running thread on who will be our next manager don't you F MAN?  I know how you hate duplication.  Thought I should let you know . The neighbourly thing to dom

On 17/05/2018 at 11:33 PM, St.Ricky said:

You do know that there is an existing , long running thread on who will be our next manager don't you F MAN?  I know how you hate duplication.  Thought I should let you know . The neighbourly thing to dom

You do know I can't post in this long running thread, ya zoomer? :1eye

See there's another few cracking posts actually believing any piece of trash they read on the internet.

Also, probably the best, the board are to"end this circus" and "how long does it take for Ross to accept the job".

Aye, sack him when he's not been offered the fecking job.

That's the way ahead. :lol:

Amazing how some folk can’t get a grip of the procedure.......

” Thanks for coming down for the interview Mr.Ross, very positive, but we have other candidates to see”

Waits for phone call to see what happens next.

Meanwhile.... “Tony ,we’ll wait a wee bit to see if Jack stays, he’s done really well here. OK Gordon, seems fair enough.”

Cue the current meltdown.

Just now, thomsons dropped it said:

” Thanks for coming down for the interview Mr.Ross, very positive, but we have other candidates to see”

Meanwhile.... “Tony ,we’ll wait a wee bit to see if Jack stays, he’s done really well here. OK Gordon, seems fair enough.”

Indeed.

What a world some people live in, absolutely no understanding of how this works.

Ross is the best manager for quite some time and, unfortunately, I fear that he will go and we will struggle to recruits another like him.

11 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Alternatively.............

"I'm accepting"..............."But we've not offered it yet" :blink:

Meanwhile............"Let's get rid".............""Great idea, even although he's the best manager for years, we'll show him" :lol:

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

See there's another few cracking posts actually believing any piece of trash they read on the internet.

Also, probably the best, the board are to"end this circus" and "how long does it take for Ross to accept the job".

I take it you are being ironic. 

23 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Goody all day for me but I would love Ian Holloway just for his media interviews if nothing else

Definitely James Goodwin for me. 

Looking forward to the Jimbo and Jimbo interviews. 

Get Goody started on Monday. 

Ross ain't coming back. 

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Why that is true.  You can't.  You do realise the number of times you change your opinions.

You must be aware by now of the number of people you suggest are "nutters" Deranged " "insane" "needing", on or are out of control on drugs for... Their mental illness. 

Nor do you seem to appreciate the potential consequences of your constant name calling.  I would thinkseiously about your approach.  To ignore it might have consequences for the forum and possibly yourself that haven't forseen. So take the chance to turn over a new leaf.  I love the 14 new threads... Some iffy topics... But they gave people a chance to express their thoughts.  

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Why that is true.  You can't.  You do realise the number of times you change your opinions.

You must be aware by now of the number of people you suggest are "nutters" Deranged " "insane" "needing", on or are out of control on drugs for... Their mental illness. 

Nor do you seem to appreciate the potential consequences of your constant name calling.  I would thinkseiously about your approach.  To ignore it might have consequences for the forum and possibly yourself that haven't forseen. So take the chance to turn over a new leaf.  I love the 14 new threads... Some iffy topics... But they gave people a chance to express their thoughts.  

I would suggest that you beware and that posting libellous statements could land you in hot water. 

You do yourself a favour and, as I've requested before, feck right off and everything will be rosy. 

To clarify, we both don't mention each other from this point on. 

Lets see who cracks first in our new understanding. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

Back on topic................I'd hope this situation is done and dusted by tomorrow.

If Ross goes, there's been no real damage done in our preparation for next season, other than he's gone, although some drama queens would suggest otherwise.

Whoever comes in has plenty of time to recruit and set out their plans for the massive task that is looming.

Again I will be disappointed if he goes as I thought, with him at the helm, we had a decent chance of having a decent season.

Life, and St Mirren, goes on. 

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Whilst I prefer not to see open abuse online, if people are using online forums and suffering mental health issues then they should find a more wholesome and safer pastime until they feel better. It is their responsibility to themselves.

This isn't a kindergarten and quite frankly if posters had to consider the potential feelings of every single person in the world nothing would ever be said.

If you have mental health issues then don't visit online football forums.

We already have salmonbuddie trying to control what people say on here. Are you joining him?

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Whilst I prefer not to see open abuse online, if people are using online forums and suffering mental health issues then they should find a more wholesome and safer pastime until they feel better. It is their responsibility to themselves.

This isn't a kindergarten and quite frankly if posters had to consider the potential feelings of every single person in the world nothing would ever be said.

If you have mental health issues then don't visit online football forums.

We already have salmonbuddie trying to control what people say on here. Are you joining him?

Re your last sentence, Not at all,  and I think you know that already. 

I do think that common decency seems to be less common online than off it. 

Whatever the reasons, I don't see being on a forum as a place where people gravitate towards the bottom end of human behavior.

Consideration for others is fundemental to any group... As is free speech.