Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

30 minutes ago, Drew said:

Well, looks like it is now all above board, so no need to round on the manager.

It would have been a shame for him to have left under a cloud, despite my earlier (not entirely serious) post that it would have made it easier to stomach to some degree.

It looks very likely that we will be looking for a new manager by the beginning of next week. Much better that than 2, 3, or even 4 weeks from now.

The emphasis being on "now". 

46 minutes ago, Drew said:

Well, looks like it is now all above board, so no need to round on the manager.

It would have been a shame for him to have left under a cloud, despite my earlier (not entirely serious) post that it would have made it easier to stomach to some degree.

It looks very likely that we will be looking for a new manager by the beginning of next week. Much better that than 2, 3, or even 4 weeks from now.

By the beginning of last week, more likely! :P 

Still time to put in an eleventh hour bid for David "Hoppy" Hopkin! .

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

He turned down the Carlisle job.

Its a long time since they were at the top of English football, approaching 50 years - Id say for a guy who (I believe) lives locally we must be a far more attractive option than Morton although as they say the heart wants what the heart wants. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Personally I think Sunderland is a risk he has to take while his reputation is on a high. If he fails, and I've no reason to think he will, he will still have a chance to redeem himself elsewhere as Sunderland will be seen as a major clusterf*** of a club and somewhat beyond redemption. Much the way that Neilson was seen as a rising star at Hearts and even now might still have a chance to regain his reputation (perhaps with us).

Looks like we will have to wait quite a few years to see if Jack can manage at the top level.

However, £350,000 pa is not bad to be going on with.

Apart from the lure of the £££s down south, he must be wondering what he could have done with St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership - I am sure he will forever ponder that point.

And perhaps regret that he had unfinished business at Greenhill Road.

1 minute ago, YorkshireMackem said:

Evening! Sunderland fan in peace here, just trying to find out a little more about Ross.. what can we expect from him?

You're a canny club and I wish you all the best for the coming season back in the big time. I reckon you'll take a few scalps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ross_(footballer,_born_1976)

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

I don't think it has changed that much....it's pretty common knowledge that Fergie was talking to Aberdeen while still employed by St Mirren and without permission (I'm not saying that is what JR has done). The biggest difference now I think is that information and news is more readily available and spreads more quickly because of the internet and social media.

Still doesn't make it right.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireMackem said:

Evening! Sunderland fan in peace here, just trying to find out a little more about Ross.. what can we expect from him?

You're a canny club and I wish you all the best for the coming season back in the big time. I reckon you'll take a few scalps.

You can expect he will move within 18months to a bigger club like Newcastle as soon as he can   :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, YorkshireMackem said:

Why would he move to a club with less league titles? Now that would be a strange move. I can tell you're all extremely bitter and this probably wasn't a good idea.. :lol:lol

Maybe the reason will be he just misses the black and white strips  :P

2 hours ago, pod said:

Who would you believe anymore.  Think the Russians are behind this. 

Yes indeed.

In fact FIFA have barred Russia from the upcoming World Cup as they are a bunch of  poisoning Facebook  Commies and Scotland have been given their place as long as Jack Ross is the Scotland manager.