Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

4 minutes ago, YorkshireMackem said:

Why would he move to a club with less league titles? Now that would be a strange move. I can tell you're all extremely bitter and this probably wasn't a good idea.. :lol:lol

You're not kidding me - hiya Shull.

Why would he move to a club with less league titles? Now that would be a strange move. I can tell you're all extremely bitter and this probably wasn't a good idea.. :lol:lol

Fear not. Fricky will be on the Sunderland forum starting threads for you by this evening.

A whole array of subjects/comparisons/insights

Or, you could just scan the self same threads on here.

Oh, is your stadium in the city centre ? ....

1 minute ago, whydowebother said:

Fear not. Fricky will be on the Sunderland forum starting threads for you by this evening.

A whole array of subjects/comparisons/insights

Or, you could just scan the self same threads on here.

Oh, is your stadium in the city centre ? ....

I'm assuming Fricky has previous? :lol:

The stadium is a five minute walk if that from the city centre, just across the Wearmouth bridge. Not bang in the middle of the city centre but damn near.

Jack's reputation in Scotland is such that even if he is a complete failure at Sunderland he would still be one of the favourites for a Top Six job in Scotland although not the old firm nice job to fall back on with a few hundred thousand in the bank.

McInnes relegated Bristol City and still got the Aberdeen job Jack could do the same.

13 minutes ago, YorkshireMackem said:

I'm assuming Fricky has previous? :lol:

The stadium is a five minute walk if that from the city centre, just across the Wearmouth bridge. Not bang in the middle of the city centre but damn near.

Yorkshire.... forget WDWB... he's a troll on here.  Jack has the potential to be a really top manager.  He works well with players and fans.  Very single-minded. Had a physically small squad in stature and in numbers.  Likes to press high up the park and likes his team to play what most fans,  including non St Mirren fans,  think/ thought was attractive football. His record on signings improved as his budget increased. Don't expect him to hang around for too long.  Sunderland are a big club I know,  with a great, well situated Stadium and a big fan base.  Our average crowds last season was 4447 and our stadium holds a maximum of 8023. Saints fans are passionate about  their team just like the Makems. Your average crowds and stadium are much bigger than ours.  Anyway. Should he be coming to you Then I think you are getting a good manager. 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, YorkshireMackem said:

You can expect a manager who will galvanise your club from players to fans and managment. In my opinion he’s destined for the top level. He’s been brilliant for us in the last two seasons, it’s been a miraculous turnaround in our fortunes.

He’s not affraid of a challenge and he’s proved that he can build a squad from scratch, and crucially he’s not scared to make big decisions on team selections. There’s no sentiment with players who aren’t performing.

You’ve bagged the best young manager in Scotland.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Yorkshire.... forget WDWB... he's a troll on here.  Jack has the potential to be a really top manager.  He works well with players and fans.  Very single-minded. Had a physically small squad in stature and in numbers.  Likes to press high up the park and likes his team to play what most fans,  including non Stop Mirren fans,  think/ thought was attractive football. His record on signings improved as his budget increased. Don't expect him to hang around for too long.  Sunderland are a big club I know,  with a great, well situated Stadium and a big fan base.  Our average crowds last season was 4447 and our stadium holds a maximum of 8023. Saints fans are passionate about  their team just like the Makems. Your average crowds and stadium are much bigger than ours.  Anyway. Should he be coming to you Then I think you are getting a good manager. 

A sensible reply, that wasn't too difficult. Thank you good sir.

Just now, class of 76-77 said:

You can expect a manager who will galvanise your club from players to fans and managment. In my opinion he’s destined for the top level. He’s been brilliant for us in the last two seasons, it’s been a miraculous turnaround in our fortunes.

He’s not affraid of a challenge and he’s proved that he can build a squad from scratch, and crucially he’s not scared to make big decisions on team selections. There’s no sentiment with players who aren’t performing.

You’ve bagged the best young manager in Scotland.

He's done a tremendous job as your gaffer. I hope he can turn around our fortunes the way he has yours, for too long we've been free-falling.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireMackem said:

He's done a tremendous job as your gaffer. I hope he can turn around our fortunes the way he has yours, for too long we've been free-falling.

My in laws were Sunderland fans and the last 5 years or more,  they haven't been happy bunnies.  Still you get big crowds.  Lowest touching 25000 and highest 31000+.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireMackem said:

Still further for you to fall.  Fingers crossed.

22 minutes ago, YorkshireMackem said:

We were in free fall when he took us over. The club had been on a downward spiral for years with us destined for league 1. He managed to turn it all around and get us back in the PL in 18 months. It's a good appointment for you. Much better than some of the journeymen like McLaren some of the clubs in the English lower leagues keep appointing. 

Edited by LargsBud

1 minute ago, YorkshireMackem said:

What do you think Lewis Morgan's chances are at Celtic next season? I envisage an ambitious loan move from us, it could be a level too low for us to be considered however.

There's no chance at all of Morgan playing in League 1.

He'll probably make the Celtic first team.

4 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

We were in free fall when we took us over. The club had been in a downward spiral for years with us destined for league 1. He managed to turn it all around and get us back in the PL in 18 months. It's a good appointment for you. Much better than some of the journeymen like McLaren some of the clubs in the English lower leagues keep appointing. 

The BOD must get some credit for that also because they have backed him all the way.