Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

I can exclusively reveal

I have just been to Asda, Linwood and Jack Ross was NOT present.  He must be off!!!!!

Robbie Neilson, Paul Lambert, Jim McIntyre and Jim Goodwin were all in getting messages and Billy Davies was outside, dressed in rags and shouting at random passers by "I should be at the top, I'm better than you"....but I don't see any importance in any of that!

9 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I can exclusively reveal

I have just been to Asda, Linwood and Jack Ross was NOT present.  He must be off!!!!!

Robbie Neilson, Paul Lambert, Jim McIntyre and Jim Goodwin were all in getting messages and Billy Davies was outside, dressed in rags and shouting at random passers by "I should be at the top, I'm better than you"....but I don't see any importance in any of that!

What happened to your trademark Indeed,  Indeed?  It's not the same without it. 

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

I wonder; might that relate to a certain Mr Carey :whistle

The main reason is that since moving down I've adopted Argyle as my EFL team, the closest team to where I am of the 92. Graham Carey is the blessing that keeps on giving and must not leave...unless he comes back to Saints!

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

He was release by Wycombe in League 2 !. If Jack Ross signs McGinn for Sunderland he'll be back up here by Xmas

59 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Some call it realism mate - a trait I like to think we can all adopt, regardless of nationality.

McGinn was released by a League Two side - Wycombe Wanderers - to come back to Saints. If you think he's the standard required by a team with a bit of money in League One who are expected to win the league and go back up to the Championship quickly, we disagree quite strongly. 

He's perfect for us and should do alright in the Premiership, where I'm sure he will be more than happy.

Im well aware who released him but prior to that he had played in league one and the Championship so he knows what is needed. I want him to stay to just pointing out it wouldn't be the first time he had played at that level having played above that league in the past as well as in it.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Im well aware who released him but prior to that he had played in league one and the Championship so he knows what is needed. I want him to stay to just pointing out it wouldn't be the first time he had played at that level having played above that league in the past as well as in it.

You're entitled to your opinion, but he had been making his way down the divisions, as happens with players sometimes. There will be a reason for that, and it would be a step up for him to play at that level now. Sunderland, with money to spend, can and will get better in my opinion. I think Stephen is at the level he should be now, and should do just fine for us next season.

57 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

At least David Hopkin wasn't there....Thank Heavens for small mercies. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, pod said:

Why spoil it by going to Sunderland.

If he's getting paid the reported 5x his salary, that might be reason enough :wacko:

6 minutes ago, pod said:

Stephen has stated he enjoyed and played some of this best football with us.  Why spoil it by going to Sunderland.

Firstly..... he won't.  Secondly... in the unlikely event it did happen they would have to cross our palms with a lot of silver to make it or any other transfer happen. 

4 hours ago, marrez said:

Id say with Jack going then Reilly is more likely to sign on, im sure he didnt want to be second or third choice striker.  

The manager hardly matters, with the finishing ability Reilly has shown since January he will be sat in the stands unless his Mum is the new boss!

There's no deflection. I own my comments - I did indeed call for Ross to be sacked before the end of January 2017 and I did indeed predict a 6th place finish. I also did indeed say Sunderland were too big a club for Ross - and I said, and was right at the time BTW, that Ross had not spoken to Donald prior to the takeover. As a Sunderland fan I find the appointment particularly disappointing after listening to the new Chairman, Ross certainly seems like a poor choice. As a St Mirren customer I'm also sorry to see him leave although I get why he would want to as St Mirren are going to struggle badly this season. 

I didn’t appreciate you were a Sunderland fan. That makes Jack’s potential appointment absolutely glorious. It’s almost as if he turned down Ipswich to send a huge f**k YOU just for you![emoji23]

One of the biggest budgets in the division. A team the fans believed should be top four, and just 8 games into the season. Aye FTOF he knew the odds. It was the next three months of spectacular failure that put him really under pressure and which took the club breaking its wage structure to bail him out. 

How did all that spectacular failure and wage budget breaking pan out again?

Guest TPAFKATS

I didn’t appreciate you were a Sunderland fan. That makes Jack’s potential appointment absolutely glorious. It’s almost as if he turned down Ipswich to send a huge f**k YOU just for you![emoji23]
That would be giving herr dicko a most undeserving and unwarranted level of significance.

Guest TPAFKATS

True, but can you imagine the level of seethe coursing through him at this moment?

GLORIOUS.
[emoji23]
To be honest, I think there's normally a fair amount of seethe.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, DLBud said:

I didn’t appreciate you were a Sunderland fan. That makes Jack’s potential appointment absolutely glorious. It’s almost as if he turned down Ipswich to send a huge f**k YOU just for you!emoji23.png

That would be giving herr dicko a most undeserving and unwarranted level of significance.

Exactly. If Jack Ross actually read my posts he wouldn't have signed so many duds. 

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

True, but can you imagine the level of seethe coursing through him at this moment?

GLORIOUS.

No seethe but since hes still not signed I haven't given up on the hope Stewart Donald will change his mind and go for a real manager. One that might be able to cope and one with a long term plan. Id equate this to watching St Mirren replace Tom Hendrie with John Coughlin.

Edited by StuD