Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

But very accurate, now, away and get your nurse to tuck you in and don't forget the rubber sheet..................you know it makes sense. :byebye

Standard, abuse.  Boring.  Very boring.  Almost ready to stop replying. 

12 hours ago, Ethan said:

Can not begrudge Jack this move. I thank him and wish him well. He gave our club belief again and galvanised it. He has put us on a firm footing and didnt leave it the way others have. Good luck Jack now lets see who can take us further. 

Actually I think a lot of the  credit for bringing belief back to the club should go to Gordon Scott and the new board, Smisa and Buy the Buds, the Fans Council with there 1877 club, Young Josh with his drum, and his band of brothers with flags and banners, and last but not least, our hardcore fans,  they all have galvanised our club, and put the club back on a firm footing,  

Jack Ross done a great job of that there is no doubt, but he didn't do it alone,  time will tell how good jack really is, as next year should be a cake walk for him ?  everything fell into place here for him, A forward thinking new Chairman and board, Kyle McAllister going to Derby and helping to fund the January transfer window,  great young players at his disposal in Mallan more funding Magennis etc etc And where would we have been without Lewis Morgan last season ?? 

Managers and players will always come and go,  its always gonna be that way,

But for me and you its

SMTID     

10 hours ago, DLBud said:

As I said previously, dry your eyes. It’s football FFS. You’re acting like your bird shagged your best mate and then he wiped his dick on your best curtains.emoji23.png

You sound as you're speaking from experience! Why does it bother you so much the fact someone has a different opinion than you? LIVE AND LET LIVE friend 

Let's be honest here. £1m for Magennis would be a brilliant piece of business for both clubs. Jack Ross is the one guy who hopefully won't sell the club short of a transfer fee for our most talented player.

You think that Ross will be allowed to decide how much to pay in transfer fees? [emoji23]

You think that Ross will be allowed to decide how much to pay in transfer fees? [emoji23]
If the possible sale of Magennis is made common knowledge, there will be more, and possibly bigger, clubs than Sunderland interested.

17 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

That doesn't equate to a higher transfer fee.

It does as some clubs wait on players contracts running down and pounce for smaller transfer fees as the selling club would get nothing if said contract runs out.Kyle will command a bigger transfer fee and i know that there has been interest in him already.Hopefully there will be a bidding war when the time comes as more money to the club and more money to Kyle.Win win for me personally.

I think JR will have no problems trying to take Magennis. He rates him even higher than Morgan & is easily ready to slot in at League One level in England. 

Gordon Scott will stand firm and any fee will easily break our transfer record. From what I understand, Magennis is in absolutely no rush to leave either. 

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

It's a factor, not a direct equation.

Here to help. :P

^^^ when you're wrong so try to turn the debate into a semantic one, and chuck in a bit of patronising pish at the same time.

You asked why Magennis would command a larger fee than Morgan. I answered.

Now f**k off.

1 minute ago, RossCSmfc said:

I think JR will have no problems trying to take Magennis. He rates him even higher than Morgan & is easily ready to slot in at League One level in England. 

Gordon Scott will stand firm and any fee will easily break our transfer record. From what I understand, Magennis is in absolutely no rush to leave either. 

Unfortunately if we are offered a decent fee we need to seriously consider it , player still here till 2020 but if he was to go into  the last year of a deal and didn't accept a new one we could lose out .

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

Unfortunately if we are offered a decent fee we need to seriously consider it , player still here till 2020 but if he was to go into  the last year of a deal and didn't accept a new one we could lose out .

It depends what a 'decent fee' is.

Anything below £750k will be chucked out the window IMO. We've been easily pushed over with paltry fees for McGinn, Mallan, McAllister, Morgan due to contracts running down but I think we'll stand firm on this one with two years left on his deal and the player being content. The ball is our court for a change.

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Picking the correct candidate for the new vacancy is critical. Hopefully the best candidate won't cost us any compensation money.

Neilson ? - NO !!

Hopkin ? - NO !!

Jim MacIntyre ? - Hmm, maybe ?

Neilson ? - NO !!

Hopkin ? - NO !!

Jim MacIntyre ? - Hmm, maybe ?

GOODY ...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:D

7 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

It depends what a 'decent fee' is.

Anything below £750k will be chucked out the window IMO. We've been easily pushed over with paltry fees for McGinn, Mallan, McAllister, Morgan due to contracts running down but I think we'll stand firm on this one with two years left on his deal and the player being content. The ball is our court for a change.

I think we will be looking for 1,000,000+ for Kyle.

You sound as you're speaking from experience! Why does it bother you so much the fact someone has a different opinion than you? LIVE AND LET LIVE friend 

You’re perfectly entitled to your opinion mate but the level of angst, hysteria and downright bad feeling towards JR is just getting a little silly.

I hope someone is tapping up our manager every year.

There’s a reason why it hasn’t happened since 1986 and it’s not a particularly pleasant one.

3 minutes ago, DLBud said:

You’re perfectly entitled to your opinion mate but the level of angst, hysteria and downright bad feeling towards JR is just getting a little silly.

There’s a reason why it hasn’t happened since 1986 and it’s not a particularly pleasant one.

On the nose. 

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

I love that......You’re perfectly entitled to your opinion mate.... but  !   

6 hours ago, DLBud said:

Agree with this.  Why we would turn against JR defeats me.  He came,  saw,  conquered and moved on to richer pastures leaving us in a better position than when he arrived. 

6 hours ago, DLBud said:

So are you saying Ross is totally innocent of any sneakiness in the affair and it was all to do with a big bad club called Sunderland  :rolleyes: