Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

13 hours ago, renfrew said:

So are you saying Ross is totally innocent of any sneakiness in the affair and it was all to do with a big bad club called Sunderland  :rolleyes:

It's up to Sunderland to contact Saints, not Jack Ross. And it looks like we got a better compo deal out of it for the same outcome anyway.

14 hours ago, renfrew said:

So are you saying Ross is totally innocent of any sneakiness in the affair and it was all to do with a big bad club called Sunderland  :rolleyes:

What you term "sneakiness" I call the reality of football.

I don't think there can be anyone of sound mind who believes that if someone contacts an in post manager in order to discuss a potential job, that the manager would tell them to seek permission from their club.

The major wrong doing here was Sunderland announcing that JR was in the frame before contacting St.Mirren.

It happens in any profession, if you're good at your job and ambitious enough.

Agree.  The system is built on the club interested in the player or manager contacting the club involved,  in this case Sunderland. Tony is right that for a lot of people this feels a bit like a bereavement and people on the forum seem to be going through a range of emotions similar to that. But. .Saints are not dead, we are in a great position,  the best for many years. 

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It's up to Sunderland to contact Saints, not Jack Ross. And it looks like we got a better compo deal out of it for the same outcome anyway.

I noticed you didn't answer the question  :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, FTOF said:

What you term "sneakiness" I call the reality of football.

I don't think there can be anyone of sound mind who believes that if someone contacts an in post manager in order to discuss a potential job, that the manager would tell them to seek permission from their club.

The major wrong doing here was Sunderland announcing that JR was in the frame before contacting St.Mirren.

It happens in any profession, if you're good at your job and ambitious enough.

You call it reality, I call it decently since we were never going to refuse permission anyway.

8 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I noticed you didn't answer the question  :rolleyes:

Regarding Jack and sneakiness? I'm not willing to hold it against him without the evidence of how the discussions came about. Managers can apply for jobs without informing their club. Sunderland, not Jack should have contacted our club when they became interested. Jack himself didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps Sunderland had told him it was being sorted it? Perhaps they said they already had contacted Saints. Perhaps their plan was to get Jack to agree terms and then contact Saints, but it was accidentally leaked. I don't think Jack was deliberately trying to screw the board over, I think Sunderland should have been doing things correctly.

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Regarding Jack and sneakiness? I'm not willing to hold it against him without the evidence of how the discussions came about. Managers can apply for jobs without informing their club. Sunderland, not Jack should have contacted our club when they became interested. Jack himself didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps Sunderland had told him it was being sorted it? Perhaps they said they already had contacted Saints. Perhaps their plan was to get Jack to agree terms and then contact Saints, but it was accidentally leaked. I don't think Jack was deliberately trying to screw the board over, I think Sunderland should have been doing things correctly.

It's looking more and more likely that the WHOLE process was done and dusted by the time our club received a request so Jack doesn't cover himself in glory. He knew his club should have been asked permission before it went as far as it did. It wouldn't have changed the out come but it was the Right thing to do.

Its all irrelevant not what goes around comes around 

if this is the way certain clubs work or managers 

then all the best too them ,hope they stay down for years ,

they have been in a downward plunge for a long time ,they will have to pay over the odds to attract players .

and jack has no experiance managing such a big club and fans .

lets see if he gets a bad start ,not like us supporting our club ,

56 minutes ago, renfrew said:

You call it reality, I call it decently since we were never going to refuse permission anyway.

This is what I would say , we hadn't refused any club permission before Sunderland and still wouldn't do so if that gig had fallen through , if Jack had contacted GLS and said that he'd had contact with them then all this would have been avoided ,Jack may have been of the impression that Sunderland would have done so ,I don't believe that Jack would do anything to undermine his relationship with the club or the fans. 

56 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

We will agree to disagree on his conduct and move on :)

22 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree with this.  Why we would turn against JR defeats me.  He came,  saw,  conquered and moved on to richer pastures leaving us in a better position than when he arrived. 

FFS Ricky! Who is turning against him?  Some of us are just annoyed that he's away. Simple as that. We start again.  

6 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

FFS Ricky! Who is turning against him?  Some of us are just annoyed that he's away. Simple as that. We start again.  

Fully agree.  That's my attitude entirely.  Some seem to be bitter.  Can't think why. 

No, I’m saying I couldn’t give two f**ks. Jack was brilliant for us and now he’s gone. Time to move on.

Fair enough, I think your a twat, as you say I am perfectly entitled to my opinion.

“You’re”

If you’re going to insult me don’t add insult to injury by sprinkling poor grammar on top!

Just my opinion.[emoji23]

15 hours ago, DLBud said:

No, I’m saying I couldn’t give two f**ks. Jack was brilliant for us and now he’s gone. Time to move on.

This is my take. 

JR transformed our team and was a huge factor in winning back fans and the feel good factor. He done great things for us in a short time and has left us in a much better position that he found us. Bottom of championship, narrowly escaping relegation to winning the championship and promotion to premier in  the space of a year or so is incredible.

I am thankful for what hes done and whilst he has moved on (and fair play to him he obviously has his own reasons/ambitions), I look forward to where we go from here. 

Good time to be a saint..... 

If Jack Ross were to come in for Kyle Magennis, Gavin Reilly, and possible Stephen McGinn then I would question whether Jack has left our squad strength in a better place than what he inherited. He sold McAllister, Mallan and Morgan for reasonable money in the circumstances but if he were to cherry pick our best remaining players at this stage in the close season we are left with guys like Baird, MacKenzie, McShane, Flynn, Hippolyte... who is to say the shape of our squad at the minute would challenge in the Scottish Championship next season nevermind the top division IF we lose Magennis, Reilly, S McGinn as well as Morgan from last year's squad.