Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

What is Sunderland quality exactly. Successive relegations.... they are only considered biggish because 35000 muppets have nothing better to do for 40 mins..... 3rd biggest team in Tyneside...  wow.... oh and an FA cup before Jack was born....... 

And the other FA Cup, and the six league titles. Whether you like it or not mate, and even as a Sunderland fan it doesn't feel like it right now, Sunderland are easily in the top 10 biggest clubs in England.

We're shadowed only by the likes of Everton, Spurs, Man United, Liverpool etc..

Have other teams been more successful than us over recent years? Absolutely. Leicester and even Burnley accomplishing wonderful things in recent years but in terms of size of club, there's not many bigger than Sunderland.

1 hour ago, YorkshireMackem said:

And the other FA Cup, and the six league titles. Whether you like it or not mate, and even as a Sunderland fan it doesn't feel like it right now, Sunderland are easily in the top 10 biggest clubs in England.

Have other teams been more successful than us over recent years? Absolutely. Leicester and even Burnley accomplishing wonderful things in recent years but in terms of size of club, there's not many bigger than Sunderland.

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, Aston Villa.

There’s 10 teams off the top of my head that destroy the use of the word ‘easily’ in regard to Sunderland being in the top 10 of English big clubs. Your choice of wording, not mine. ‘Easily’ - my arse. A case could even be made for dirty Leeds.

The only thing Sunderland are most certainly easily in, is League One.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, YorkshireMackem said:

Comedy gold. Your last league title was 1936..... thats like saying Queens Park are big still. Talk about living in the past. Mate we have Leeds Forrest Derby villa and Middlesborough... that have won far bigger and far more recent. The only thing ur team has accomplished is plummetting towards oblivion with another sugar daddy to the rescue........ sorry but all facts..

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, Aston Villa.

There’s 10 teams off the top of my head that destroy the use of the word ‘easily’ in regard to Sunderland being in the top 10 of English big clubs. Your choice of wording, not mine. ‘Easily’ - my arse. A case could even be made for dirty Leeds.

The only thing Sunderland are most certainly easily in, is League One.

West Ham? Behave ahaha! Newcastle are considered 'bigger' because they had a few games in the Champions League back when they were half decent, they've still achieved nothing and bottled the league when they were how many points clear.. 

Domestically, Sunderland are more successful than Newcastle. But who is bigger depends on who you're asking. It's arguable.

But West Ham? I want some of whatever you're smoking. The rest I agree with.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Comedy gold. Your last league title was 1936..... thats like saying Queens Park are big still. Talk about living in the past. Mate we have Leeds Forrest Derby villa and Middlesborough... that have won far bigger and far more recent. The only thing ur team has accomplished is plummetting towards oblivion with another sugar daddy to the rescue........ sorry but all facts..

Someone has sour grapes. If you ask any honest football fan that has one iota of footballing knowledge, they'll agree that Sunderland are one of the biggest clubs in England. They are, and that's a fact. Despite the fact we've been shit for however many years.

It clearly hurts you deep down to admit the truth so you just keep living in your little bubble! :D

12 minutes ago, YorkshireMackem said:

West Ham? Behave ahaha! 

Indeed. WHU have never been English Champions and have been a yo-yo club for the last 40 years.

However I also agree that Sunderland are not one of the 10 biggest teams in England. 

Yeah, 6 league titles but the last was before my Dad was born and he's 82. Your last major honour was 45 years ago.

Also, you've played in the third tier before, something that Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Spurs and West Ham have never done.

29 minutes ago, YorkshireMackem said:

Someone has sour grapes. If you ask any honest football fan that has one iota of footballing knowledge, they'll agree that Sunderland are one of the biggest clubs in England. They are, and that's a fact. Despite the fact we've been shit for however many years.

It clearly hurts you deep down to admit the truth so you just keep living in your little bubble! :D

Mate my team is small but honest. No doubt 80 years ago you were one of best. Sour grapes ha ha. No just a realist. English football should try it sometime. 

9 hours ago, YorkshireMackem said:

Top 10 ?  Not according to this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

Or this:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/10676765/leeds-united-englands-13th-biggest-club-according-to-sky-sports-study

Or This:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-10-biggest-football-clubs-in-England

although they did manage to just scrape in at No10 on this one from a few years back when they were in the top flight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1785620-power-ranking-each-english-premier-league-teams-fan-base#slide11

Unfortunately , many peoples view on Sunderland FC have been somewhat tainted by the behaviour of a couple of your compatriots on this forum who have the reputation as being two of the biggest ball-sacks you could ever meet. 

I`m confident JR will do a great job for you . Good luck for next season.

11 hours ago, YorkshireMackem said:

Absolutely correct. Don't worry about Doug, what he knows about football could be written in crayon on the back of a stamp

11 hours ago, YorkshireMackem said:

West Ham? Behave ahaha! Newcastle are considered 'bigger' because they had a few games in the Champions League back when they were half decent, they've still achieved nothing and bottled the league when they were how many points clear.. 

Domestically, Sunderland are more successful than Newcastle. But who is bigger depends on who you're asking. It's arguable.

But West Ham? I want some of whatever you're smoking. The rest I agree with.

West Ham now play in one of the biggest stadiums in one of the world’s great capital cities. They are getting big crowds, and are a Premiership club.

Sunderland are a third tier club who are in the shadow of Newcastle as a club and a city, never mind being in London’s shadow. I’m genuinely not wanting to kick a third tier club when they’re down, I merely argued (pretty well in my opinion), against your assertion that Sunderland are easily, and I quote, one of England’s top 10 biggest clubs.

Frankly, no you fcuking aren’t.

Tbh , who gives 2 fukcs to whether Sunderland are bigger than West Ham or any other club for that matter. Was this thread not about the possibility of Ross going Sunderland? 

I've no interest in most of English football,  especially when it's being spoken about on a St Mirren part of the forum. 

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

West Ham now play in one of the biggest stadiums in one of the world’s great capital cities. They are getting big crowds, and are a Premiership club.

Sunderland are a third tier club who are in the shadow of Newcastle as a club and a city, never mind being in London’s shadow. I’m genuinely not wanting to kick a third tier club when they’re down, I merely argued (pretty well in my opinion), against your assertion that Sunderland are easily, and I quote, one of England’s top 10 biggest clubs.

Frankly, no you fcuking aren’t.

Wow, you missed the fact that Sunderland don't have an airport...... :rolleyes: 

Give it a couple of years and we'll be back in our rightful place above Newcastle

Just now, StuD said:

Give it a couple of years and we'll be back in our rightful place above Newcastle

Really? But Jack Ross is going to further damage Sunderland beyond all recognition isn't he?! 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Really? But Jack Ross is going to further damage Sunderland beyond all recognition isn't he?! 

He'll only be in the job 2 months if he doesn't hit the ground at a sprint. I'm not worried. 

8 minutes ago, munoz said:

Tbh , who gives 2 fukcs to whether Sunderland are bigger than West Ham or any other club for that matter. Was this thread not about the possibility of Ross going Sunderland? 

I've no interest in most of English football,  especially when it's being spoken about on a St Mirren part of the forum. 

Of course it doesn’t matter if Sunderland are bigger than Leeds, or Dundee United are bigger than Motherwell.... doesn’t matter any more than any discussion about fitba’ on a fitba’ forum. When some crazy Mackem comes on and claims Sunderland are easily one of England’s top 10 biggest clubs, then sorry if it offended you, but I merely replied. The best of it is, in his reply to me  considering West Ham being a bigger club than his, he started mentioning domestic success levels. I don’t think what you’ve won affects how big a club you are considered. Wolves are a big club, haven’t done anything of note since ninteen-canteen. We have won a fair bit, but we aren’t a big club ourselves.

If success and winning stuff comes into it, then let’s get Leicester City into the conversation.

League 2 for these uppity Mackems please. 

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

No interest in English football or Sunderland, yet you are an a thread about Sunderland, not only reading it, but posting on it, and linking comments from other posters. Shull is right, dafties all over the forum. 

30 minutes ago, StuD said:

No interest in English football or Sunderland, yet you are an a thread about Sunderland, not only reading it, but posting on it, and linking comments from other posters. Shull is right, dafties all over the forum. 

You have just lost ALL credibility in my opinion :P

25 minutes ago, StuD said:

The thread was about Jack Ross (St Mirren manager at the time) , not Sunderland and how big a club they are. 

Everyone is right (apart from Shull) , you are a bawbag. 

5 hours ago, munoz said:

The thread was about Jack Ross (St Mirren manager at the time) , not Sunderland and how big a club they are. 

Everyone is right (apart from Shull) , you are a bawbag. 

Munoz. Think we have established Sunderland were a big club along with Jesse Owens  .Wall Street Crash. and Hitler also dominating  the news. 

6 hours ago, StuD said:

That might happen.... if their classy manager leaves and they install Paulio De Canio then Ashley sells to a bunch of numpties and 51k empty the staduim when they are 8 nil down to Southampton. Never mind an airport theyre should not be any ships allowed considering that Sunderland is sunk:whistle