Jack's Dilemna-Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Quite a dilemma for Jack.  The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I go?  

Not me.... Jack.  

And if so.... Where? 

Or is it a matter of Let Me Get Out of This Place? 

Either way.... Jack will be a success here or elsewhere and Saints will survive and prosper  (cue I will Survive)

https://www.google.com/search?kgmid=/g/1q5hn967m&hl=en-GB&kgs=cf3646a3b7bf8aca&q=the+animals+we+gotta+get+out+of+this+place&shndl=0&source=sh/x/kp&entrypoint=sh/x/kp

Edited by St.Ricky

This again is being blown out of all proportion.

Jack is Saints manager, the players are off on break as he is, but I am sure he is stilling scouring the market now the League business has finally ended.

If Jack is offered a good job, and if its right for him he will go...... if its not right we get to keep him and his talents.......

Lets have faith that GS will have a plan B, if needed which I am sure he had since Dundee came a calling.

7 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Lets face it, you don’t go to interviews if you want to stay at the job you’re currently in. There is no dilemma, Jack wants to leave, no matter how his super fans dress it up

Jack is not the manager of Celtic or Arsenal, he is the manager of a small provincial club with a 2.6 M turnover.................

Love this "superfans" patter :lol:

We knew Jack would go, it was when not if....................

Join the superfans - rather than the moaners , I bet its raining where you are:P

He’s on his way,

He’s on his way,

To another club,

He’s on his way,

How does he get there? Interviews

When does he get there? He don’t care

All we know is Jack is on his way.

And sooner rather than later please imo. I'm fed up with our manager whoring himself around any boardroom in England that'll listen to him. Time to commit or admit you don't want to be here and we'll thank you for your efforts and wave you goodbye..

1 minute ago, Spam_Valley said:

He’s on his way,

He’s on his way,

To another club,

He’s on his way,

How does he get there? Interviews

When does he get there? He don’t care

All we know is Jack is on his way.

And sooner rather than later please imo. I'm fed up with our manager whoring himself around any boardroom in England that'll listen to him. Time to commit or admit you don't want to be here and we'll thank you for your efforts and wave you goodbye..

There’s not a manager we could bring in that would be doing anything different than Jack Ross and his agent are doing l, given the same situation. So to say he’s whoring himself out is very harsh to a manager that’s just gotten us promoted. 

He cant commit because he hasn’t been offered anything and no manager on the planet will openly admit he doesn’t want to be at a club. Managers move on all the time, have you ever seen an interview where one has said ‘aye, first good offer and I’m away’ yet this fact is true for 99% of managers in this world. 

Some of these comments towards our manager are brutal. 

Jack is not the manager of Celtic or Arsenal, he is the manager of a small provincial club with a 2.6 M turnover.................
Love this "superfans" patter :lol:
We knew Jack would go, it was when not if....................
Join the superfans - rather than the moaners , I bet its raining where you are[emoji14]

Look DJ, I really do get your support for the guy, but please let everyone else have their own opinion on the situation. It doesn’t matter how big or small we are, but in relative terms we are a small fish in big waters. Our decent players and managers will be lured to richer fields, I accept this. Just as I accept Jack wants to leave and that’s why he’s going to interviews.
BTW. Predicting rain doesn’t count, building arks does! [emoji3]

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There’s not a manager we could bring in that would be doing anything different than Jack Ross and his agent are doing l, given the same situation. So to say he’s whoring himself out is very harsh to a manager that’s just gotten us promoted. 

He cant commit because he hasn’t been offered anything and no manager on the planet will openly admit he doesn’t want to be at a club. Managers move on all the time, have you ever seen an interview where one has said ‘aye, first good offer and I’m away’ yet this fact is true for 99% of managers in this world. 

I find no fault with Jack but the circumstances are more than a little surreal don't you think? 

I'd still be happy if he stays and thankful for what he did if he goes. 

But it is a bit of a circus just now. 

As the thread title suggests... I don't see this as an easy decision for Jack. 

On the surface it looks like a win,  win for Jack but I don't see it that way for him. 

Talented?  Yes Ambitious?  Yes  In a hurry?  Yes.

Opportunities are a bit like buses...you can wait for a while and none come,  then several arrive at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

He can commit by confirming he's here to see out the remainder of his contract and finish what he has started - or leave a legacy as he has put it previously. It's quite obvious he sees no long term future at St.Mirren due to the multiple jobs he's been interviewed for which totals three now - or four depending on which side of the Dundee story you are on.

He has only completed one full season as a manager thus far in his career, i'd be expecting a bit more loyalty from him rather than jumping at the first chance he gets.

I'd rather he went now than midway through the season when his agent gets a sniff of another club looking at him.

None of this sits well with me and many other saints fans i'm sure. I'd rather this was cut and dry and we move on to another manager as soon as possible. I've no time for managers with one leg out the door.

4 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Look DJ, I really do get your support for the guy, but please let everyone else have their own opinion on the situation. It doesn’t matter how big or small we are, but in relative terms we are a small fish in big waters. Our decent players and managers will be lured to richer fields, I accept this. Just as I accept Jack wants to leave and that’s why he’s going to interviews.
BTW. Predicting rain doesn’t count, building arks does! emoji3.png

BM. Yes I am a big fan, he saved the club................... no reason why he cant leave yet leave his blueprint......

But take ur point. Stu D riled me :P 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

I find no fault with Jack but the circumstances are more than a little surreal don't you think? 

I'd still be happy if he stays and thankful for what he did if he goes. 

But it is a bit of a circus just now. 

As the thread title suggests... I don't see this as an easy decision for Jack. 

On the surface it looks like a win,  win for Jack but I don't see it that way for him. 

Talented?  Yes Ambitious?  Yes  In a hurry?  Yes.

Opportunities are a bit like buses...you can wait for a while and none come,  then several arrive at the same time. 

There is no different way any other manager for a Scottish Championship/newly promote club would deal with this. It's not a circus, he's not in any more of a hurry for a bigger job. It simply is what it is. Only facts we know based on the clubs. 

1. Ipswich wanted to interview him

2. He was given permission to interview

3. Ipswich haven't hired a new manager yet. From their chairman this is because they want to make the best possible decison which allows for an interview candadate that isn't free to be interviewed yet. 

Anything outside this 'that he's whoring himself out' 'desperate to get away' 'Contacted Sunderland and put in an application' 'Showing a lack of respect to St Mirren' is all speculation.

People are jumping to conclusions without knowing the full story. It says more about some peoples negative perception of Jack and SMFC more than it does any fact. 

I personally do think he'll go to a club before the summer is out but we don't have the right to hurry his decison and we certainly don't have the power to force Ipswich or anyone elses hand. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

There is no different way any other manager for a Scottish Championship/newly promote club would deal with this. It's not a circus, he's not in any more of a hurry for a bigger job. It simply is what it is. Only facts we know based on the clubs. 

1. Ipswich wanted to interview him

2. He was given permission to interview

3. Ipswich haven't hired a new manager yet. From their chairman this is because they want to make the best possible decison which allows for an interview candadate that isn't free to be interviewed yet. 

Anything outside this 'that he's whoring himself out' 'desperate to get away' 'Contacted Sunderland and put in an application' 'Showing a lack of respect to St Mirren' is all speculation.

People are jumping to conclusions without knowing the full story. It says more about some peoples negative perception of Jack and SMFC more than it does any fact. 

I personally do think he'll go to a club before the summer is out but we don't have the right to hurry his decison and we certainly don't have the power to force Ipswich or anyone elses hand. 

I agreed with you. 

7 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

He can commit by confirming he's here to see out the remainder of his contract and finish what he has started - or leave a legacy as he has put it previously. It's quite obvious he sees no long term future at St.Mirren due to the multiple jobs he's been interviewed for which totals three now - or four depending on which side of the Dundee story you are on.

He has only completed one full season as a manager thus far in his career, i'd be expecting a bit more loyalty from him rather than jumping at the first chance he gets.

I'd rather he went now than midway through the season when his agent gets a sniff of another club looking at him.

None of this sits well with me and many other saints fans i'm sure. I'd rather this was cut and dry and we move on to another manager as soon as possible. I've no time for managers with one leg out the door.

He could commit by saying he doesn't want to leave yes. But if he is interested in one of these roles or taking time to think about it then he doesn't have to say a word. As has been said many times, the increased money means it's a massive choice for him. The teams linked to him are also much bigger than St Mirren. 

he doesn't owe us any loyalty, in fact it's the opposite. We owe him a debt for what he's done and we should be respectful of the time this is taken. The chances are it's not down to him holding it up, it's Ipswich and that's something outside our control. 

As for the one leg out the door, yet again, exact same as any manager in his position. It's the price a club at our level have to pay for having a good manager. 

Just now, whydowebother said:

Stunning that so many of you encourage this clown with his idea of the hour threads , thoroughly discussed already on other threads.

FFS

I think we should start a thread on that- beats the hourly Jack blah blah threads :lol:

In my view Jack Ross is rightly trying to better himself while he is on an upward trajectory in media terms. Good luck to him. However, we cannot end up with a situation where he accepts a job in July, having brought in a squad which a new manager would be lumbered with, whether he likes it or not. He has to make a decision ASAP. For both his and St Mirren’s sake

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I think we should start a thread on that- beats the hourly Jack blah blah threads :lol:

WhyDoWeBother has yet to start a thread, as far as I know.  I look forward to him doing so and joining in the discussion. 

To those wishing Jack would bugger off;

1) How many clubs should he be allowed to talk to every 12 months?

2) Which manager is out there who is going to commit to a year at St Mirren when offers from the English Championship are a real possibility?

3) Why are we not treating players the same way? It was evident we were never going to have Morgan and Mallan long term, should we have just booted them out too?

4) How do you suggest Jack "hurries" his decision? Is he supposed to stand on Marcus Evans' doorstep and refuse to leave until he has an answer? Should we all email Ipswich Town FC/any other potential clubs and say "Look, get a move on ffs, we have a squad to build!"

5) The Scottish season finished on Sunday and the English season is still ongoing. Early preparation is nice but it's not like we start the season in two week's time.

6) If managers were forced to commit to a year at their clubs then we would never have landed Jack to begin with, and we would have been enjoying trips to Arbroath and East Fife this season.

7) If the BOD force Jack to commit to a year, when Jack does leave, who in their right mind is going to want to work alongside a board who want to deny you future opportunities?

8) Just get a grip. Please. The "bugger off crew" are acting like Jack has gone to the media and said "I f**king hate that St Mirren bunch, sooner I'm out of here the better! Mon the Ton!" At least he isn't declaring his love for other clubs every week like Alex Rae.

4 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I also have a dilemma in deciding if this is the correct thread to post this in.

But Kenny McIntyre on the BBC website is reporting that St Mirren have offered Jack (another) improved offer to encourage him to stay   -    until the end of this week?

Indeed, that should see off this round of English club but with the Norwegian season well underway we would be back at the negotiating table again next week.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

The fakes seem to hold onto their manager just as an example. Nobody is holding Jack back if he thinks he can get the bigger job but this goes on and on its not what we need at this time when trying to bring in players for our first season in the top flight. As long as this can be sorted one way or the other no one should be bigger than St Mirren.