Jack's Dilemna-Should I Stay or Should I Go?

20 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I also have a dilemma in deciding if this is the correct thread to post this in.

But Kenny McIntyre on the BBC website is reporting that St Mirren have offered Jack (another) improved offer to encourage him to stay   -    until the end of this week?

Thanks for posting that good to hear.

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

He can commit by confirming he's here to see out the remainder of his contract and finish what he has started - or leave a legacy as he has put it previously. It's quite obvious he sees no long term future at St.Mirren due to the multiple jobs he's been interviewed for which totals three now - or four depending on which side of the Dundee story you are on.

He has only completed one full season as a manager thus far in his career, i'd be expecting a bit more loyalty from him rather than jumping at the first chance he gets.

I'd rather he went now than midway through the season when his agent gets a sniff of another club looking at him.

None of this sits well with me and many other saints fans i'm sure. I'd rather this was cut and dry and we move on to another manager as soon as possible. I've no time for managers with one leg out the door.

I'd rather he went now than midway through the season when his agent gets a sniff of another club looking at him.

I'd like him to stay but also share this view on timing.

Reasons..recruitment, planning

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thanks for posting that good to hear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44203044

St Mirren have offered Jack Ross an improved deal in an effort to hold on to their manager, BBC Scotland has learned.

Ross, 41, met with Ipswich Town last week for further talks over their managerial vacancy.

He is believed to be a frontrunner for the job at the Championship club but remains focused on preparing St Mirren for next season's Premiership.

The Buddies won the Scottish Championship this season.

Former Alloa Athletic manager Ross, who is contracted at St Mirren until 2020, took over in Paisley last season and steered the side clear of relegation before this term sealing the club's return to the top flight, from which they were relegated in 2015.

He remained in Paisley following talks with Barnsley in February and St Mirren rejected an approach for their manager from Dundee last season.

Ipswich, who finished 12th in the Championship this season, parted with manager Mick McCarthy in April.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

WhyDoWeBother has yet to start a thread, as far as I know.  I look forward to him doing so and joining in the discussion. 

You don't need to start a thread to join the discussion, same as you don't need to start a thread where the topic is already being discussed elsewhere but hey you want to beat your record and post build

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The fakes seem to hold onto their manager just as an example. Nobody is holding Jack back if he thinks he can get the bigger job but this goes on and on its not what we need at this time when trying to bring in players for our first season in the top flight. As long as this can be sorted one way or the other no one should be bigger than St Mirren.

Please remind me which clubs Tommy Wright has been linked with since joining the Fakes?

9 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

You don't need to start a thread to join the discussion, same as you don't need to start a thread where the topic is already being discussed elsewhere but hey you want to beat your record and post build

Agree on the first part Chalky... I don't need to and I am a long way behind the leading thread starter in May. Look elsewhere for that.

No idea what post building is. If you mean, number of posts, then again you are looking in the wrong direction for that. Look elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Are you honestly trying to put yourself in the same bracket as someone who starts threads in the sin bin, simply to give them a platform to join in with the forum in some form, as your constant drivel?

If so, you are dimmer than most people think. 

Ah you are back.  Wondered where you had gone.  No idea what you are talking about.. Yet again

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

He could commit by saying he doesn't want to leave yes. But if he is interested in one of these roles or taking time to think about it then he doesn't have to say a word. As has been said many times, the increased money means it's a massive choice for him. The teams linked to him are also much bigger than St Mirren. 

he doesn't owe us any loyalty, in fact it's the opposite. We owe him a debt for what he's done and we should be respectful of the time this is taken. The chances are it's not down to him holding it up, it's Ipswich and that's something outside our control. 

As for the one leg out the door, yet again, exact same as any manager in his position. It's the price a club at our level have to pay for having a good manager. 

If we hadn't moved for Jack in October 2016 he might have won League 1 with Alloa in 2016/7 or he could have had them in the play offs, and then how far do you think he could have taken Alloa in the Championship this season? Would you have fancied Alloa to make the play off places this season or get promoted like Livingston were? Jack Ross has been good for St Mirren, so far. But St Mirren have also been good for Jack Ross as well. After Jack made a mess of results during the first few months the board backed him by letting him bring in 10 or 11 players during the first January window, and backed him by getting the kind of deal for Morgan where we got him back on loan for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I'd like him to stay but also share this view on timing.

Reasons..recruitment, planning

Perhaps the smarter chairmen out there appreciate that signing Jack Ross mid-season is a gamble. He got Alloa relegated without a fight when inheriting someone else's squad, and did worse with Alex Rae's team than Alex Rae did and results only picked up once he got to bring in 10 new signings. Possibly the only way he'd do alright with someone else's squad is if he replaces a manager poached by a bigger club whose team are already on a winning run rather than inheriting a team on a bad run when he has to wait months to bring his own signings in.

52 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Did you join the forum to be a figure of fun.....................you really are oblivious aren't you? ha ha

Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote this?

You'll be OK when you stop trying to be smarter than you are which I'm sure is pretty smart. 

6 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Stunning that so many of you encourage this clown with his idea of the hour threads , thoroughly discussed already on other threads.

FFS

Breaking News.  Daily Record announce that Paul McGinn is signing for Saint Mirren. 

here's your chance WDWB