A decent solid start to the summer recruitment.

A player with plenty experience of the top flight, who has something to prove in Paisley.  And a good age (still just 27).

That'll do for me.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

You could be right Drew. He left as he wanted to play every week. Good for him. (And as an aside good on Gregor Buchanan who also left as he wanted regular football - now in the Premiership with Livi and TWO championship winning medals - that must be a bit of history).

I seem to remember meltdowns from people on here at the time about McGinn leaving. Apparently he should have stayed and played for our reserves and fight for his place rather than dropping down a level and playing regular first team football :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

I seem to remember meltdowns from people on here at the time about McGinn leaving. Apparently he should have stayed and played for our reserves and fight for his place rather than dropping down a level and playing regular first team football :rolleyes:

Yes, there were accusations that he lacked ambition.

Dougie Somner was loved by both set of fans.
Ian Maxwell and David Elliot also .

George Shaw

Donnie McDowall

Did the Thistle fans like Kenny McDowall?
Billy Thomson and Jimmy Bone
OK so that theory was rubbish.

How about this one. All our recent players called McGinn have won silverware with us. This one can too.

20 hours ago, Hambud said:

OK so that theory was rubbish.

How about this one. All our recent players called McGinn have won silverware with us. This one can too.

Surely that is guaranteed - the good old Renfrewshire cup will be ours once again very soon.

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I wonder if he is currently driving as fast as he can toward Ralston to get that contract signed before Mr Ross Jack's off to the North East of Engurland!!!!!

Better have a rocket up his arse then.