1 minute ago, Drew said:

I'm sure Gus will get the best out of him:ph34r:

That's a sick joke. 

If he does sign , I think he'll do well. He looks calm on the ball and always looks pass his way out of trouble any time I've seen him. Will be a good addition for the squad. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

That's a sick joke. 

If he does sign , I think he'll do well. He looks calm on the ball and always looks pass his way out of trouble any time I've seen him. Will be a good addition for the squad. 

Aye, no reason to think otherwise.

It's so unlike some of our supporters to write off a signing before he has kicked a ball (again) for us, though.

Speak to thistle fans. None of them I have spoken to were over impressed.
I know that over the years there have been a number of players that have played for both us and Partick. Does anyone know if there are any that both sets of fans hold in high regard?

They loved Chic Charnley I don't think many saints fans think very highly of his time with us. We loved Shug Murray I'm not sure many Thistle fans felt the same.

Could it be a blessing that he's not highly thought of by Thistle?

13 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I know that over the years there have been a number of players that have played for both us and Partick. Does anyone know if there are any that both sets of fans hold in high regard?

They loved Chic Charnley I don't think many saints fans think very highly of his time with us. We loved Shug Murray I'm not sure many Thistle fans felt the same.

Could it be a blessing that he's not highly thought of by Thistle?

Dougie Somner was loved by both set of fans.

Ian Maxwell and David Elliot also .

12 minutes ago, Balbeg Buddie said:

Why did he leave us previously ?

He wasn't getting a game and although, if I remember correctly, he still had a year on his contract he was released so he could play with Dumbarton (where Jack Ross was Assistant Manager).

35 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He wasn't getting a game and although, if I remember correctly, he still had a year on his contract he was released so he could play with Dumbarton (where Jack Ross was Assistant Manager).

I thought he was offered a new deal as his contract had expired,  but he opted not to sign so he could play regularly?

In any event, it amounts to much the same thing and reflects well on him.

12 minutes ago, Drew said:

I thought he was offered a new deal as his contract had expired,  but he opted not to sign so he could play regularly?

In any event, it amounts to much the same thing and reflects well on him.

You could be right Drew. He left as he wanted to play every week. Good for him. (And as an aside good on Gregor Buchanan who also left as he wanted regular football - now in the Premiership with Livi and TWO championship winning medals - that must be a bit of history).