Have St Mirren Ever had This Much Publicity?

The name of  St Mirren Football Club has had almost unprecedented publicity over the last season and is ongoing.  We won the championship, scored the goal of the season (thanks for the complimrnts Barcelona). Our manager won,  not only the manager of the year for the division but for the whole of Scottish Football.  I may be wrong but I don't think any other St Mirren Manager has done that. Now we have our manager in the frame for big jobs in England with commentators lauding the club and the way we have played. It's great publicity. Should also attract the attention of potential signings and possibly assist with loan signings. Despite the uncertainty of the managers position, this is Great Time to be a Saint Mirren Fans.  Big day today.... Buying 4 season tickets for myself and my sons and grandson.  COYS! 

Simple answer to that Ricky is No

Totally on front page................... and its all down to the man and the BOD's vision that has got us there. Despite some clangers on here trying to troll, the mood is fantastic.

I am moving to Paisley in July, so a short walk to see the best that Scotland can offer 

I am also glad Livi join us, its makes what Jack achieved even more special......... Livi beat 11th we are 12 points ahead of Livi.

I will take 12 points ahead of 11th now

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I remember the Fergie day's but then we were not seen as a wee club who could be trampled over or have our three peaces of silver bought for one peace of silver. 

IOB

Me too. But. That was Local. This is local, national, European.

Amazing

Take it we still don’t have any mods for the forum yet?

I’ll take on the role, delete this guys account and resign. Won’t cost you a penny.

Please do.

Starting threads on questions he’s asking himself ffs.

Anyone mentioned google to him yet ?

Or perhaps, things to do when you retire to get you oot the hoose ?

The name of  St Mirren Football Club has had almost unprecedented publicity over the last season and is ongoing.  We won the championship, scored the goal of the season (thanks for the complimrnts Barcelona). Our manager won,  not only the manager of the year for the division but for the whole of Scottish Football.  I may be wrong but I don't think any other St Mirren Manager has done that. Now we have our manager in the frame for big jobs in England with commentators lauding the club and the way we have played. It's great publicity. Should also attract the attention of potential signings and possibly assist with loan signings. Despite the uncertainty of the managers position, this is Great Time to be a Saint Mirren Fans.  Big day today.... Buying 4 season tickets for myself and my sons and grandson.  COYS! 

16 season tickets. Good man!!

Yes we have.

We had it in 1926, 1959, 1987 and in 2013.  We also had quite a bit of publicity in other years when we won various promotions.  Also we had loads of national publicity when Reg Brealey tried and almost succeeded in taking over the club and when Jens Paeslack stole a watch!  Another time we had hunner's o' publicity was the lsat game at Love Street and also the first game at St Mirren park (now the Paisley 2021).  

Does Ricky start a thread over every random thought that enters his mind?

10 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Yes we have.

We had it in 1926, 1959, 1987 and in 2013.  We also had quite a bit of publicity in other years when we won various promotions.  Also we had loads of national publicity when Reg Brealey tried and almost succeeded in taking over the club and when Jens Paeslack stole a watch!  Another time we had hunner's o' publicity was the lsat game at Love Street and also the first game at St Mirren park (now the Paisley 2021).  

Does Ricky start a thread over every random thought that enters his mind?

Not at this level. For Saints Supporters maybe but not on as wide a basis as this. 

Scotland,  UK and International  TT

These other times were good (one exception)   but nothing like  this scale

Social Media wasn't around in the past. 

Stevie Mallan's goal of the season season went viral but the Barcelona like pushed this seasons goal to a wider audience. 

You don't believe in positive PR I suspect TT

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Not at this level. For Saints Supporters maybe but not on as wide a basis as this. 

Scotland,  UK and International  TT

These other times were good (one exception)   but nothing like  this scale

Social Media wasn't around in the past. 

Stevie Mallan's goal of the season season went viral but the Barcelona like pushed this seasons goal to a wider audience. 

You don't believe in positive PR I suspect TT

Aye it was, thats why I said so.  Ive scored out the irrelvent bits you would have been as well not typing son.

Edited by TediousTom

4 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Please do.

Starting threads on questions he’s asking himself ffs.

Anyone mentioned google to him yet ?

Or perhaps, things to do when you retire to get you oot the hoose ?

Jeez, we get it - you don't like the Rickster. We don't need 39 individual posts from you telling us that.

It's a forum. Chill out FFS :lol:

Good thread Ricky

St Mirren really do have a good presense online at the moment, Top Man Jimbo does some great work on the official twitter account, getting Barca to tweet us was magic... 

Mallan's goal going absolutely viral

Videos/pictures of support

Fans up on the rock at Dumbarton 

Slagging United for the "hands up" tweet

The firework incident :lol:

I'd say it helps - suddenly instead of St Mirren getting slagged or called "St Boo" , repuation seems to be getting more positive

11 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Wish to name any other random body parts?  I shall start

Adams apple

perhaps you could start one of your threads about this!!!!

Really comical. I would go on stage if I were you.  But.. Don't do your own PR. 

4 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Wish to name any other random body parts?  I shall start

Adams apple

perhaps you could start one of your threads about this!!!!

He will no doubt be starting this tonight.

Your fault Tedious.

Your fault indeed!