4G Plastic For Livie

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That is three plastic pitches next season not a fan of them at all SFA should ban them

Thoughts ?

Hearts spending £1m on there new one. Hybrid ........................so that means will play 35% of our away matches not on grass

Agreed- should be banned

Wonder if there will ever be a time where football fans embrace the future.

Astro is the future. Clearly.

We can't get to proper artificial grass without going through 1G then 2G then 3G etc......

Already at 4G and 5G.

No way should they be banned.

They should be encouraged to further develop them until we get to a point where we genuinely can't tell the difference between proper grass and these artificial ones.

Financially it is inevitable.

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We can't get to proper artificial grass without going through 1G then 2G then 3G etc......

Already at 4G and 5G.

They should be encouraged to further develop them until we get to a point where we genuinely can't tell the difference between proper grass and these artificial ones.

It may be inevitable financially but we should let other sports “develop” hybrid pitches until you cannot tell the difference.

Until then ,no grass, no play in top league for me.

Accies and Killie’s pitches this year have been horrific  impersonations of a football pitch. Weird bounces, black shitty bits flying about

which cannot possibly be good for you if you should you ingest them. I firmly believe that there is much less of a product being watched 

on these wretched career shortening f**k ups by  supporters. I would say we are being short changed over this .

Ban for me every time.......  

As before..    4 and 5 G  should be for your phone and not for Football.

Absolutely no problem with hybrid. Is it not the case that Motherwell's pitch is also hybrid?

Astroturf, no matter the up till now generations, should be nowhere near decent level professional leagues. They're an accident waiting to happen.

Edited by stlucifer
forgot a comma!!

Grass for professional football I hope continues.

Synthetic pitches ideal for youth or 5-a-side

Let other sports or variations of football trial the hybrid versions until we get to the desired level.

Got to keep some part of the game history, besides what about all those ‘keep off the grass’ signs :P

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Already at 4G and 5G.

So the players who play on them who complin of injuries are wrong ? Go out on a winters night with plastic shoes how cold do your feet feel compaird  to leather shoes point being natural ?  Then again if you attend games you will notice how the ball bounced on plastic wet pitches compaird to grass when wet ? If that is not enough compair wet plastic to  wet grass when the ball is passed. Explain why unnaturall is better than nature grass ? Looking forward to the defence. 

29 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So the players who play on them who complin of injuries are wrong ? Go out on a winters night with plastic shoes how cold do your feet feel compaird  to leather shoes point being natural ?  Then again if you attend games you will notice how the ball bounced on plastic wet pitches compaird to grass when wet ? If that is not enough compair wet plastic to  wet grass when the ball is passed. Explain why unnaturall is better than nature grass ? Looking forward to the defence. 

Because it's the future. Even if it is an apocalypse, it's the future. Even if it means 100 odd players are injured every season, it's the future. Even if the ball burst on the 16G pitch, Oaksoft said it's the future.

9 hours ago, Doakes said:

No issue with hybrid pitches, they're excellent. Look at Murrayfield. Astroturf/4G is shite, though

Strongly agree Doakes.  Taking up IOB's point on the bounce of the ball on AstroTurf.  This can be weird. Backspin is exaggerated and occasionally wild sidespin

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

IOBS, it is always an equal pleasure and challenge to decode your posts and the above is no exception.

I will assume you have been smoking something illegal but delicious and ignore your bizarre comparison with leather shoes and focus on your penultimate sentence (Ricky will be along soon to mansplain what I mean by that so sit tight if you are confused :lol:).

Natural grass is prone to damage depending on usage and weather- much more so than unnatural grass and is cheaper and easier to maintain. There are fewer games called off. It all comes down to money really.

Also having played on both grass and astro myself, astro doesn't tend to have divots and uneven patches on it which means you are less likely to roll your ankle on astro. Flat and smooth is the way to go. Flat and smooth. You also have consistency of surface. Ask the players what it was like to play on Dumbarton's pitch. Remember the state of Aberdeen's pitch a year or so back? Motherwell's was a disaster. So was Partick's. You don't get astro pitches getting into that state do you?

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

IOBS, it is always an equal pleasure and challenge to decode your posts and the above is no exception.

I will assume you have been smoking something illegal but delicious and ignore your bizarre comparison with leather shoes and focus on your penultimate sentence (Ricky will be along soon to mansplain what I mean by that so sit tight if you are confused :lol:).

Natural grass is prone to damage depending on usage and weather- much more so than unnatural grass and is cheaper and easier to maintain. There are fewer games called off. It all comes down to money really.

Also having played on both grass and astro myself, astro doesn't tend to have divots and uneven patches on it which means you are less likely to roll your ankle on astro. Flat and smooth is the way to go. Flat and smooth. You also have consistency of surface. Ask the players what it was like to play on Dumbarton's pitch. Remember the state of Aberdeen's pitch a year or so back? Motherwell's was a disaster. So was Partick's. You don't get astro pitches getting into that state do you?

Absolutely. 

It always amuses me when I read these so called professional footballers bleating about an unnatural bounce of the ball on the perfectly flat and consistent plastic surface, whilst talking up playing on grass pitches that will suffer from spots of crab grass and weeds from the outset, and which will have divots, bobbles off pitch scars, and huge areas of thinning or bald spots across areas of the football pitch as the season wears on. 

"It's dangerous", "too many injuries"? Aye well it's certainly going to be if your stupid enough to wear football boots that are designed to grip and tear on plastic, just because you like the colour. 

21 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Hearts spending £1m on there new one. Hybrid ........................so that means will play 35% of our away matches not on grass

Agreed- should be banned

Hybrid pitches are on average 4% synthetic and I think there are plenty of pitches in the EPL that are Hybrid, they play just the same as all grass pitches.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:35 AM, StuD said:

Absolutely. 

It always amuses me when I read these so called professional footballers bleating about an unnatural bounce of the ball on the perfectly flat and consistent plastic surface, whilst talking up playing on grass pitches that will suffer from spots of crab grass and weeds from the outset, and which will have divots, bobbles off pitch scars, and huge areas of thinning or bald spots across areas of the football pitch as the season wears on. 

"It's dangerous", "too many injuries"? Aye well it's certainly going to be if your stupid enough to wear football boots that are designed to grip and tear on plastic, just because you like the colour. 

Now the amateur pipe fitter knows more than the professional footballers when it comes to playing professional football on a hard, unforgiving surfaces. Professional medical persons advise players with ongoing problems NOT to play on these surfaces. But the amateur pipefitter knows better. A survey of professional footballers proves they don't like the surface and think its dangerous. BUT. The amateur pipefitter knows better. The playing surface is hard.  Due to that fact the ball bounces differently. Even on an uneven real grass surface the ball is cushioned when it hits the ground. This is why they talk about an unnatural bounce. The players play with the recommended footwear but there is no give when they turn or stop. Natural surfaces act almost like a tiny trampoline giving a little to help lessen the impact. But the amateur pipefitter, aka, professional idiot, knows best.

Edited by stlucifer

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Now the amateur pipe fitter knows more than the professional footballers when it comes to playing professional football on a hard, unforgiving surfaces. Professional medical persons advise players with ongoing problems NOT to play on these surfaces. But the amateur pipefitter knows better. A survey of professional footballers proves they don't like the surface and think its dangerous. BUT. The amateur pipefitter knows better. The playing surface is hard.  Due to that fact the ball bounces differently. Even on an uneven real grass surface the ball is cushioned when it hits the ground. This is why they talk about an unnatural bounce. The players play with the recommended footwear but there is no give when they turn or stop. Natural surfaces act almost like a tiny trampoline giving a little to help lessen the impact. But the amateur pipefitter knows best.

Do they? How many are playing with blades? Alex Ferguson has an issue with the use of blades. I think he perhaps knows a thing or two. Don't you? 

Edited by StuD

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

Do they? How many are playing with blades? Alex Ferguson has an issue with the use of blades. I think he perhaps knows a thing or two. Don't you? 

No matter how great Fergie is, he's not an expert in footwear. I think he advocates using old spice but not sure I'll take it as gospel it's the best.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

No matter how great Fergie is, he's not an expert in footwear. I think he advocates using old spice but not sure I'll take it as gospel it's the best.

There are many medical reported into injuries caused by the wearing of "bladed" footwear too. Fergie banned them outright during his time as manager at Manchester United but I like your claim that you know better than Fergie and all of the medical and sports science resources available to him at Manchester United, made in the very post after ridiculing me as knowing better than experts.