New Manager Latest Odds

3 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

He has enjoyed more success down south than most Scottish managers and would be able to attract decent quality players to Paisley - which is what we need most.

Whether we could afford them is another matter.

Any new appointment is a gamble - does any potential candidate attract the universal support of the fans?

Your last sentence sums it up. 

Just now, Kemp said:

How on earth do you calculate that Lambert has been a disaster?  He did an excellent job at Norwich and a decent job elsewhere.

Thats why I said almost every club. Norwich good. Every other club was bad. 

He's been at 4 clubs since leaving Norwich in 2012 and every single one of them has been a failure. It's almost as impressive as Steve McLaren that he keeps getting jobs.

8 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Thats why I said almost every club. Norwich good. Every other club was bad. 

He's been at 4 clubs since leaving Norwich in 2012 and every single one of them has been a failure. It's almost as impressive as Steve McLaren that he keeps getting jobs.

That’s just not the case. Two clubs were short term contracts in Wolves and Blackburn.

anyway, pointless conversation as he’s said plenty of times that he doesn’t want to manage in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

That’s just not the case. Two clubs were short term contracts in Wolves and Blackburn.

anyway, pointless conversation as he’s said plenty of times that he doesn’t want to manage in Scotland.

Yes, he didn't really have much of a chance at Stoke this season either, but he certainly improved them.

I’m new here...you boys love a barney ffs. Gutted re today’s news. I personally wish Jack all the best and give him a huge thank you. As for a new manager, I would take Robbie Neilson, David Hopkin first, Jim Goodwin, my heart says yes and my head says yes a little bit too.

This may not go down well with some of you but there are way worse managers out there than Jim Duffy.

I’m new here...you boys love a barney ffs. Gutted re today’s news. I personally wish Jack all the best and give him a huge thank you. As for a new manager, I would take Robbie Neilson, David Hopkin first, Jim Goodwin, my heart says yes and my head says yes a little bit too.

This may not go down well with some of you but there are way worse managers out there than Jim Duffy.

Reported.

Sin bin ....

I hope that the search for our new manager is well underway and it has included identifying whose who qualified from the last few SFA Coaching Courses.  Assessing their performance to date and potential may enhance the limited options listed to date.   Again some inspired work required from GS and the Board on the selection of the new man but, having come up with the right solution/man last time, I hope they are looking far and wide, using the same logic and processes this time around.  

Jack has played all clubs and boards like a Stradivarius violin here. Since the turn of the year he's raised his profile and lined his pockets. Time to put this pantomime behind us and move on. We need to get a new ma in place who can build a team to keep us up and push on.

Edited by Jack the lad

30 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

He's not everyone choice but i'd go for Hopkins if he was interested , after watching Livi in the play offs , it wasn't pretty but it got results and in the Premiership we will need to be able to grind them out.

Same here. Neilson also ok. Duffy maybe

27 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Assuming that James Fowler goes with him ( and I'm currently not)  then between Hopkin or Neislen for me. 

If it's Hopkin I'm assuming he'd bring his drug dealing assistant, and possibly some of his thuggish, on the register players with him? 

I would hope, as a family club, that doesn't come to pass. 

Jack has played all clubs and boards like a Stradivarius violin here. Since the turn of the year he's raised his profile and lined his pockets. Time to put this pantomime behind us and move on. We need to get a new ma in place who can build a team to keep us up and push on.

Oh bollocks! Since the turn of the year he’s won us the league at canter, helped a Championship player get into the Scotland squad and won the manager of the year. Of course he’s raised his profile and got a salary rise out of it. Agree with the last two sentences right enough and am sure the Board have been alive to that for months.