New Manager Latest Odds

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I would take Tommy Craig back over Billy Davies..............................  Both horrible scary thoughts

Billy has really been in demand hasn't he !!!!???

Well of all the managers mentioned Billy Davies is streets ahead. He is a stronger manager than Jack Ross currently is and is proven at the top level with multiple clubs.

We offered the job to him 18 months ago and Hearts would have too if he hadn't in effect told Levein he'd be surplus to requirements.

Davies would do the job that Clarke has done for Kilmarnock. His record in management is way stronger than Clark's also.

So if you prefer a flop like Neilson so be it but doesn't come close to Davies on any measure

Edited by lenziebud

Probably very unlikely. I'll probably be hated for saying it but Billy Reid if Graham Potter does leave Östersunds FK for Swansea, should be in contention.

Excellent level of experience, in the Scottish league, and now abroad so you'd assume decent contacts and a pretty good track record at youth level.

If our board are willing to risk the style of football though, is a different matter.

Otherwise Zedek Zemen get the hipster support onboard and go down in attacking flames.

6 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Probably very unlikely. I'll probably be hated for saying it but Billy Reid if Graham Potter does leave Östersunds FK for Swansea, should be in contention.

Excellent level of experience, in the Scottish league, and now abroad so you'd assume decent contacts and a pretty good track record at youth level.

If our board are willing to risk the style of football though, is a different matter.

Otherwise Zedek Zemen get the hipster support onboard and go down in attacking flames.

Yep Billy Reid is another good shout. He should have taken Swansea job when oferred it. Unlikely though.

Edited by lenziebud

44 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Well of all the managers mentioned Billy Davies is streets ahead. He is a stronger manager than Jack Ross currently is and is proven at the top level with multiple clubs.

We offered the job to him 18 months ago and Hearts would have too if he hadn't in effect told Levein he'd be surplus to requirements.

Davies would do the job that Clarke has done for Kilmarnock. His record in management is way stronger than Clark's also.

So if you prefer a flop like Neilson so be it but doesn't come close to Davies on any measure

I agree but did he not say he would not lower his standards to join us or was I dreaming? 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Hopkin would be crazy to stay at Livi if he gets a decent offer elsewhere. He has been brilliant but has massively overachieved. And it will be downhill in the Premiership with them as they have only 700 fans; are in debt; and most of the squad are out of contract. His stock his high - time to move on.

Yes, I'm afraid I hate you. ;-)

And Billy Reid

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I would take Tommy Craig back over Billy Davies..............................  Both horrible scary thoughts

Billy has really been in demand hasn't he !!!!???

I would rather have Ailsa Craig personally .it's a MUCH prettier lump than either of the first two

and actually don't you mean 'Billy has really been xx damned hasn't he !!!!???  :whistle

Image result for ailsa craig

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Billy Davies? Proven at the top level with multiple clubs?

Am I Rip Van Winkle?

On 5/23/2018 at 2:03 PM, oaksoft said:

Unbelievably, it does look like Jack has managed to secure a plumb job despite having achieved very little in the scheme of things compared to other candidates such as Neil Lennon so we move on.

Whoever we get, we need someone who actually wants to stay here and build something. We pwe Jack a lot for giving us our club back but he has been wanting away since virtually the day he walked into the office,

Hopkin has been quoted as saying he won't sign for more than one year no matter where he goes so that doesn't look like an option.

If we can attract a Neilson or a Pressley that would be fantastic I think.

Another 'tit'bit from the mind of his greatness oaky

5 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

Aye which clubs?:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, pod said:

and in high demand, my arse.

As far as I’m aware the only thing he has ever won was the Championship play off with Derby, who were immediately relegated with a record low points total.

But apparently he’s proven at the top level with several clubs. :wacko:

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Billy Davies? Proven at the top level with multiple clubs?

Am I Rip Van Winkle?

Derby County, Preston, Notts Forrest a level way above anything the Premiership in Scotland has to offer. Only Celtic are better than any of these clubs.  Of all the candidates listed he is head and shoulders above them.

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Derby County, Preston, Notts Forrest a level way above anything the Premiership in Scotland has to offer. Only Celtic are better than any of these clubs.  Of all the candidates listed he is head and shoulders above them.

Sorry. Because those clubs are bigger than St. Mirren, why does that make him proven at them and why does it make them “the top level”?

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

He really isn’t, he’s a deluded has-been that never was..........find one person, other than Tommy Sheridan or Craig Brown,  that’s got a truly good word to say about him!!

Davies has not managed for 4 seasons and his last two at Forest were an absolute disaster.  The Guardian reported that Davies' "paranoia", "self-destructive insecurities" and "obsession with conspiracy theories and old grudges" as the reasons behind his downfall, suggesting that he had "shattered" his reputation.  He actually accused reporters of being in league with his former employers for questioning his decisions and never answered straight questions put to him at press briefings.

Davies has not managed for 4 seasons and his last two at Forest were an absolute disaster.  The Guardian reported that Davies' "paranoia", "self-destructive insecurities" and "obsession with conspiracy theories and old grudges" as the reasons behind his downfall, suggesting that he had "shattered" his reputation.  He actually accused reporters of being in league with his former employers for questioning his decisions and never answered straight questions put to him at press briefings.

In those last 2 seasons at Forest, he only took over in the Feb in the first, took them away from relegation trouble and challenged for a play off spot. They were only 2 pts off the play offs in his second season when sacked.

He got them to the play offs in both seasons in his first spell.

Also got Preston into the play offs twice and won the play offs with Derby.

He’s therefore got quite a good record of getting clubs into the top 6 of a much larger, more competitive league at a far higher level than the one we’ll be in next season!

That said, I don’t doubt that he possibly has ‘issues’! [emoji1]

IF, and I reiterate, IF we need a new man at the helm, I hope Fowler wants to continue his Saints' journey, either at the helm or as part of the team going forward. If he feels he doesn't want to be head man then Robbie Neilson/Jamie Fowler team would be ideal and, I believe, highly successful. In fact it might be one of those "Jack who" moments.

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

He really isn’t, he’s a deluded has-been that never was..........find one person, other than Tommy Sheridan or Craig Brown,  that’s got a truly good word to say about him!!

Please please please tell me Craig Brown isn't into swinging as well?