New Manager Latest Odds

13 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

I doubt that pointing out that you being not the brightest is a crime.

The ability to look back at posts works both ways. 

As for your threat, I will take that with the pinch of salt it deserves. 

Just for future reference . Can u transfer ur likes when u get out :(

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

I doubt that pointing out that you being not the brightest is a crime.

The ability to look back at posts works both ways. 

As for your threat, I will take that with the pinch of salt it deserves. 

No threats. No need. Delighted to have my posts used. 

Best cv of the names listed is by far Hopkin I think people don’t want him here because he’s fat ginger and got big ears they are that clueless he’s done an incredible job. the reputation they play horrible football, being physical, kicking teams off the park is a load of bollocks they played much better football than Partick Thistle who tore us to pieces at start of the season.

I don’t think lambert would take the job although family stays next to Thomo in Houston and friends with Tony but worth a try.

Neilson is a gamble done great at hearts with levien behind him and we all know how Ian Murray did when he lost jack Ross.

30 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Neilson is a gamble done great at hearts with levien behind him and we all know how Ian Murray did when he lost jack Ross.

I don't buy into this Levein thing. There was a clear difference when Neilson left to the disaster that was Cathro. Levein himself has not been overly inspiring (4-0 v Celtic aside), claiming 6th would probably be meeting the minimum expectations.

Think I'll go and lie in the spring sunshine until someone actually has some facts on which to base speculation. Once appointed the new manager can look forward to endless advice on who to sign, dump, tactics for next session and whether he should state that he is a Saint till he dies and whether the similar statements he attributes to all his previous clubs is bollocks

5 minutes ago, Ethan said:

One thing is for certain once we appoint the new manager half our support will go into meltdown as he wasnt their choice. I suspect this will run on for a couple of weeks.

Supporters don't get to choose.

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

Please no to Jim mcintyre and dodds. Let's be creative here.  Can we put together a package to attract a top gaffer? We have all watched whay happens when you get the right man in charge! 

Jack didn't arrive as a top gaffer. He left as one.

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

Please no to Jim mcintyre and dodds. Let's be creative here.  Can we put together a package to attract a top gaffer? We have all watched whay happens when you get the right man in charge! 

It's a hard one I was for Neilson that cooled off after his BBC interview. Not many good ones I can see in which case get Goodie in. 

23 hours ago, Ethan said:

I read through it. Sounds like he will only take the job if he is given cash to splash on players.  He is looking for a club with high ambitions. We dont have an abundance of riches so im not sure he is the right fit for our club.

Thats just standard chat they give. He's hardly going to come out and say "I want to manage a wee diddy club with no money"

I think hed take it. We are a club on the up with good owners and still room to take us further. 

20 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Yeah let’s put a package together for a top manager and bankrupt the club.

Did I say bankrupt the club? Typical hysterical reaction from you. I forgot your not allowed an opinion?  My idea is say we use the compensation to attract a higher calibre of gaffer by paying a wee bit more?  I don't think this combined with extra cash generated from higher crowds will be a problem.  In fact if they were offering jack better terms then let's give the new management the same? Saints will definitely be looking at increasing what they pay.  

25 minutes ago, scottd said:

Yeah let’s put a package together for a top manager and bankrupt the club.

I'm  getting slated for pointing out his comments regarding budget. To me it was like if I fail it's not my fault you have not got the funds to take the club forward. Very ambitions from an unemployed manager. He might be the right man you never know who could make us tick. He should know we are a well run club working within a budget. 

51 minutes ago, pod said:

Jack didn't arrive as a top gaffer. He left as one.

Therein lies the truth. The problem is in repeating the trick.  It will take any new manager three transfer windows to get together the team he wants. This one, January and next summer.  No one is suggesting that we live outside our projected income. 

4 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Best cv of the names listed is by far Hopkin I think people don’t want him here because he’s fat ginger and got big ears they are that clueless he’s done an incredible job. the reputation they play horrible football, being physical, kicking teams off the park is a load of bollocks they played much better football than Partick Thistle who tore us to pieces at start of the season.

I don’t think lambert would take the job although family stays next to Thomo in Houston and friends with Tony but worth a try.

If being fat, ginger with big ears qualifies you, I think I will apply. 

There are two reasons I don't want Hopkins. Firstly, his style of football makes your eyes bleed. Second, his assistant was a heavy duty drug dealer. If, and its a big if, you can overlook the first issue, there is no way you can overlook the second. 

If being fat, ginger with big ears qualifies you, I think I will apply. 
There are two reasons I don't want Hopkins. Firstly, his style of football makes your eyes bleed. Second, his assistant was a heavy duty drug dealer. If, and its a big if, you can overlook the first issue, there is no way you can overlook the second. 

Winning 2 promotions on the trot to get to the premiership that even rangers with their budget couldn’t achieve is what qualifies him.

What’s his style of play ?? Playing much better football than a premiership side. When we went to firhill at the start of the season that was a performance to make your eyes bleed.

And your saying he can’t get a job because of someone else who doesn’t even have to follow him.

Jack Ross came with a new assistant

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Winning 2 promotions on the trot to get to the premiership that even rangers with their budget couldn’t achieve is what qualifies him.

What’s his style of play ?? Playing much better football than a premiership side. When we went to firhill at the start of the season that was a performance to make your eyes bleed.

And your saying he can’t get a job because of someone else who doesn’t even have to follow him.

Jack Ross came with a new assistant

What I'm saying is that, were he to be offered the job, a condition would need to be that he gets a new assistant, as to employ someone who has been convicted to over six years in jail for drug dealing would be sending out entirely the wrong message to our fans. 

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

What I'm saying is that, were he to be offered the job, a condition would need to be that he gets a new assistant, as to employ someone who has been convicted to over six years in jail for drug dealing would be sending out entirely the wrong message to our fans. 

Would you go for Hopkin and Goodwin? 

22 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

He’d prob want messi, iniesta hazard and salah to come in aswell just so the style of play doesn’t make his eyes bleed

I'd take them.  Update from The Sun

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2699987/st-mirren-eye-up-paul-lambert-to-replace-jack-ross/

Edited by St.Ricky