New Manager Latest Odds

6 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Maybe it's hard to find someone who wants to be based in Paisley wi the rotten weather and gloomy negativity.

The St Mirren manager wages are a bit ordinary as weel compared to managing even a third tier team in England.

Does not auger well for our chances of some success on our return to the top flight.

Your English is really superb these days. Helpmyrobert

Edited by DougJamie

If I was to throw a name into the mix who I think it would be worth talking to, my left-field shout would be John Collins. Any candidate we consider will either be an experienced candidate with some failures on their CV or an inexperienced up and coming manager. I think Collins has spoken about the difference European clubs and players have compared with Scottish ones and insists the only way for us to improve as a nation is to work a lot harder on fitness and skill... he might be not a bad shout for continuing the ethos brought in by Jack Ross of trying to play entertaining football and bring through good quality homegrown players... I don't think we have too many stubborn old pros stuck in their ways who would try and undermine him either.

Whilst this current situation is sadly not anyone's fault it will undoubtedly be a big issue for us if we cannot get the next management in.place soon. Jack did alot of his work v early last year that allowed the team to be fairly settled for pre season training. We have moved up a league and we need 9 new players said jack. We need these man to have time and the opportunity to find the type of player that will make us competitive next term. Of course we have two in already but it would be good to have settled management asap.  The last thing we need is to miss out on players and then scramble together a squad.  I expect this will be sorted next week but it's worrying that Hopkin, goody and lambo won't go anywhere near it. I hope we can offer a competitive salary as it's undoubtedly the single most important role at the club. 

7 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If I was to throw a name into the mix who I think it would be worth talking to, my left-field shout would be John Collins. Any candidate we consider will either be an experienced candidate with some failures on their CV or an inexperienced up and coming manager. I think Collins has spoken about the difference European clubs and players have compared with Scottish ones and insists the only way for us to improve as a nation is to work a lot harder on fitness and skill... he might be not a bad shout for continuing the ethos brought in by Jack Ross of trying to play entertaining football and bring through good quality homegrown players... I don't think we have too many stubborn old pros stuck in their ways who would try and undermine him either.

JC definitely ticks a lot of boxes. As you say I think he'd bring a great work ethic and he had pretty broad experience, particularly from his playing days.  Probably the only Scottish player since with 1980s who could even have been remotely considered world class.

My big problem would be his reputation for being a terrible man manager. He seems to have pissed players off wherever he's been. He's also a bit of a tool, so I don't believe he'd get much leeway from our fans.

Jury is out for me on this one, but I certainly wouldn't be devastated.

I will start with Owen Coyle..... and the daddy of failure. Alan Pardew........ he could cost us all our pennies ...... win 1 in first 20 matches.... which is even worse than TC.... and have us relegated by xmas.... Owen not far behind. Career collapsed since 2nd year at Burnley

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I will start with Owen Coyle..... and the daddy of failure. Alan Pardew........ he could cost us all our pennies ...... win 1 in first 20 matches.... which is even worse than TC.... and have us relegated by xmas.... Owen not far behind. Career collapsed since 2nd year at Burnley

Just looked again at Tommy Craig's stats for us. I shuddered reading about the close season where he was in charge... Goodbye David Van Zanten, Paul McGowan, Darren McGregor, hello Ross Caldwell, James Marwood, Isaac Osbourne... 15 league games in charge, 2 wins, 2 draws, 11 defeats and a league cup win over Dunfermline to TC's credit  in 19 games in charge (we took ICT to a replay in the Scottish Cup before being thumped 4-0 up there).

9 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Just looked again at Tommy Craig's stats for us. I shuddered reading about the close season where he was in charge... Goodbye David Van Zanten, Paul McGowan, Darren McGregor, hello Ross Caldwell, James Marwood, Isaac Osbourne... 15 league games in charge, 2 wins, 2 draws, 11 defeats and a league cup win over Dunfermline to TC's credit  in 19 games in charge (we took ICT to a replay in the Scottish Cup before being thumped 4-0 up there).

As long as our new manager doesnt wave a piece of paper at us we should be fine

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

As long as our new manager doesnt wave a piece of paper at us we should be fine

I seem to recall TC dropping the mic in a massive, belligerent huff during a BBC radio interview. I was literally cringing as I listened to it:lol:

Just now, Drew said:

I seem to recall TC dropping the mic in a massive, belligerent huff during a BBC radio interview. I was literally cringing as I listened to it:lol:

He should have stuck to coaching.  Was decent by all accounts.