New Manager Latest Odds

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Oh my aching sides. A manager who can have St Mirren challenging for the Premiership, while at the same time not risking our financial future, PLUS, if it ends in relegation, so be it, we had a go.

What actual fcuking planet are you on. No, seriously, where is it.

Let’s just take one, teensy, weensy wee point here.... we get a Kenny McLean, he goes to Aberdeen. We get a John McGinn, he goes to Hibs. We get a Stevie Mallan, he goes to Barnsley. We get a Lewis Morgan, he goes to Celtic. We get Jack Ross, he goes to Sunderland.

Build an entire team capable of winning the top flight!? Post Bosman? With vultures around every corner?  Oh, my actual fcuking aching sides....

Here’s how St Mirren, or Dundee, or Hamilton Accies will genuinely challenge for the Scottish Premiership.... a completely fcuking crazy Russian or Arab decides to buy them, throws shitloads of money, and I mean shitloads at it, and buys the kind of players that old-school Manchester City could never buy, but new-look Manchester City could.

I need a lie down and a cold towel to the forehead.

please sod off and leave us to our fantasies:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

That’ll do it. Young loanee Spanish kids, brought over to Scotland, to fill the shirts of St Mirren or St Johnstone, will see those clubs challenge for the Scottish Premiership title.

Fcuking easy the Mirren.

Jesus wept. No, come on, what solar system is your planet in? I want some of that action.

You need to drink what we are drinking obviously  :whistle

2 hours ago, gilberto said:

Remember that old war film where a guy pushes a lorry across the desert then has a pint of lager at the first pub he comes to? That's how I feel after making it through the last few pages of this thread.

Ice cold in Alex .....Oh sh*t its no Rae again is it:whistle

3 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Wow. How exciting -_-

That sort of mentality is the problem with Scottish Football. We've got a 3 time champions league winner interested and people would rather we hired Jim McIntrye and finished 8th. 

You literally couldn't make it up.

"Let's keep things a bit crap - just the way we like it" :lol:

Only in bloody Scotland.

3 hours ago, StuD said:

How do you know there are no stand out candidates? 

There are plenty of successful female coaches. English woman Jill Ellis for example structured the development programme for girls in the US that led the US team to win the World Cup in 2015. Or Asako Takakura, Japanese Womans National Coach who has won major honours at every level of the international game. Or indeed Claire Robinson who has been a superb Technical Director and  head coach at Sunderland over recent years. Or how about Scotland's own Julie Stewart - capped 121 times for her country, scoring 116 goals and very highly commended by all of her coaches as being extremely knowledgeable tactically. She also comes from a footballing background, with her father Jim Fleeting well known to most in the game. 

One French club in Ligue 2 has hired 2 female bosses in recent years - Claremont Foot. The first chucked it after one month citing a complete lack of professionalism at the club. The second one stayed for three years before becoming French National Coach. During that time Claremont held their own mid table. 

Certainly if you were to take the view that the male pool has been well fished, why not try the female managerial pool. There is bound to be some exceptional managers in there. 

How many of them have shown that they can successfully manage and gain the respect of a team of male footballers at any credible level of the game?

That is the barrier which needs to be overcome before a woman will get a chance at a Premiership club.

When that number goes above zero maybe you should persuade them to apply for the job.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

How many of them have shown that they can successfully manage and gain the respect of a team of male footballers at any credible level of the game?

That is the barrier which needs to be overcome before a woman will get a chance at a Premiership club.

When that number goes above zero maybe you should persuade them to apply for the job.

Aha, so you are a sexist putting a glass ceiling in the way of good female football managers. 

Somehow I didn't have you pegged as a sexist Oaksoft. A fanny - yes absolutely - but not a sexist. Imagine you thinking that club discipline, and football tactics were too advanced for the poor female brain. 

A good manager is a good manager, no matter their sex. Most of us have seen that in every other walk of life. You are a dinosaur. 

7 minutes ago, StuD said:

Aha, so you are a sexist putting a glass ceiling in the way of good female football managers. 

Somehow I didn't have you pegged as a sexist Oaksoft. A fanny - yes absolutely - but not a sexist. Imagine you thinking that club discipline, and football tactics were too advanced for the poor female brain. 

A good manager is a good manager, no matter their sex. Most of us have seen that in every other walk of life. You are a dinosaur. 

Your humour is almost as pish as Pozbaird's. Deary me.

It's just as well. My sphincter is still pulsating away with excitment of lenziebud's giddy promise of finishing 8th next season. I am afraid that any involuntary laughter may see the dam breeched. Fortunately I have you and Poz on here stopping me from laughing.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

Your humour is almost as pish as Pozbaird's. Deary me.

I'm not being funny. You're post is almost as sexist as Lord Pity Me suggesting that Guti' wife - a successful TV presenter - should become a Spanish teacher in the Greenock area. 

I've given you the names of four ladies who have superb  records in the sport. A world cup winning manager who coached her team from the under's upwards. The Asian female sports coach of the year. One of the top technical directors in the English game. And a record breaking Scottish Footballer with a tremendous goalscoring record who is being tipped for greatness in coaching by all of the people who have managed her previously. Highly credible candidates in management - certainly better and more experienced than any of the men being touted for the job. Yet your sexist response is that until one woman proves herself in a man's dressing room they shouldn't get their chance. 

Bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Hook line and sinker emoji23.png

I was only going by what the SAFC wrote. So you're saying that their talking p!sh. Is that like when you defended that club regarding the handling of the Adam Johnson scandal?

If being reassigned two divisions below where they're currently play isn't being demoted, what is It?

Proof you can't read. As I said I wouldn't want a creepy weirdo like you representing my company. 

Here's what the SAFC.com website actually says

Sunderland AFC chairman Stewart Donald has today confirmed today that the club is speaking with the FA in relation to securing a WSL licence for the SAFC Ladies team.

Last week, The FA announced the clubs which will participate in The FA Women’s Super League [Tier 1] and The FA Women’s Championship [Tier 2] for the 2018-19 season, with Sunderland AFC Ladies not being part of these plans.

Speaking about the process, Stewart Donald said: “The ladies team is an important part of our Sunderland family.

“When you look at their history, seven of the current England women’s squad was produced by Sunderland, which is something to be very proud of.

“We want to continue the club’s long-standing tradition of developing top-class women’s footballers, as well as giving young girls the opportunity to aspire to play for Sunderland when they grow up.”

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

You've just published evidence that they have been demoted two divisions like I said. emoji23.png

Or are you saying that Alan Johnson didn't admit to the grooming of a 15 year old girl to the MD of SAFC almost a full year before he plead guilty and was subsequently found guilty of said crime amongst others.

I hope you've got evidence that Alan Johnson was grooming 15 year old girls. If you haven't I suspect the former Home Secretary may sue you. 

More proof you are illiterate. Seriously your employers must cringe with embarrassment at you! 

Edited by StuD

13 hours ago, StuD said:

Who to choose. The PE teacher with a very average record in management? The party animal, and serial diver, who once dated his roommate after he had gender realignment surgery? Or the convicted wife beater? 

2 hours ago, StuD said:

Yeah. Glass houses, stones etc. 

It's OK to call out sexism but not a few hours after you  clearly implied that someone dating a transgender person should be treated as a black mark against them when considering them for a job. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Not only do I have the evidence, more importantly the court had and he pled guilty to the fact of grooming a 15 year old girl.

As you're still in denial of what happens in the real world, I've posted a couple of links to the case for your perusal.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/02/12/adam-johnson-sacked-by-sunderland-after-pleading-guilty-to-child/

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/adam-johnson-trial-live-sunderland-11089186

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2432124/adam-johnson-paedophile-footballer-grooming-ex-jail-release/

Now tell me who's employers should be cringing with embarrassment now?

In fact there's no need to as you'll have no doubt crawled back under the rock you came from.

None of those articles prove that Alan Johnson was grooming a 15 year old. 

You still can't read can you. It's definitely your employers who should be cringing with embarrassment. I certainly wouldn't want you representing me. Hopefully Alan Johnson won't sue you for your false allegation. I won't grass but he might find it. :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah. Glass houses, stones etc. 

It's OK to call out sexism but not a few hours after you  clearly implied that someone dating a transgender person should be treated as a black mark against them when considering them for a job. 

I think you'll find you are putting words into my mouth - incorrectly. 

5 hours ago, StuD said:

You are a dinosaur. 

Is that you using a mysogynistic epithet while calling someone a sexist?

9 hours ago, gilberto said:

Remember that old war film where a guy pushes a lorry across the desert then has a pint of lager at the first pub he comes to? That's how I feel after making it through the last few pages of this thread.

Forum threads do go off on tangents quite quickly. This one has had people sticking to the topic quite well. Now where we're we? Manager vacancy at St Mirren. Interviews day 2. Early runners have withdrawn. Choices : From 3 European Superstars,  From Part Time Club  (2 if Hopkins is still around) and fom both Scottish and English League ex managers plus 1 English League Manager. Wow.

Let's be having you (I think the Norwich Chairperson said that). Step up to the mark the next St Mirren Manager and blow us away.

No worse than top 8 next season,  top 6 the next. Cup runs in first, semi finals / final in the next please.