New Manager Latest Odds

From today's Record it looks like Kluivert is a non-starter but Guti is definitely interested.

Interested but seemingly hasn’t been spoken to, which is strange.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/patrick-kluivert-distances-himself-st-12653422

Is the pipe fitter really having a go at someone for getting the wrong name? This from a man who is so blinded with hatred for St Mirren that he once tore into us for signing Kenny Deuchar on loan before being widely ridiculed when it was pointed out he’d actually joined St Johnstone.

16 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Didn't realise he was in the race till a few days back but would be a fairly decent appointment. Solid proven manager with a good in depth knowledge of lower leagues in England which we'll need.

I've watched a couple of post match interviews with him on YouTube and have been quite impressed by how he presents.

Down to earth, pragmatic, but clearly passionate about his club and players, and has a bit of character and humour in there too. He looks as though he could be a good fit for us. Not box office, but a good option to have.

Mickey Mellon is a bit of a Glaswegian gangster nickname, though -

"In the latest flare up of violent gangland reprisals, Mickey Mellon shot and injured Raymie 'Avacado' Anderson who was alleged to have stabbed Ronnie The Plum in the car park of the Auchinairn Tavern last June".

33 minutes ago, Drew said:

I've watched a couple of post match interviews with him on YouTube and have been quite impressed by how he presents.

Down to earth, pragmatic, but clearly passionate about his club and players, and has a bit of character and humour in there too. He looks as though he could be a good fit for us. Not box office, but a good option to have.

Mickey Mellon is a bit of a Glaswegian gangster nickname, though -

"In the latest flare up of violent gangland reprisals, Mickey Mellon shot and injured Raymie 'Avacado' Anderson who was alleged to have stabbed Ronnie The Plum in the car park of the Auchinairn Tavern last June".

When I see his name, I think back to the days when Cannon & Ball headlined Blackpool Pier, and the ‘Comedians’ show on TV saw guys with over-sized maroon velvet bow ties fire out sexist and racist ‘gags’ like there was no tomorrow.

Ah, the good old days... :P

Edited by pozbaird

This thread......................:notworthy its got the lot

Anyway, thought for the day................................

For the Box Office fiction,  Guti,  Kluivert, etal for the glamorous, kinda exotic and interesting

For the boring and samey samey dull tired shite , the McMafia usual suspects

For the practical sensible and realistic,  it could be Mickey Mellon, thereafter Alan Stubbs, or Oran 'looks kinda like Danny Lennon' Kearney

Hmmmmmmmmm, might be handing my ticket back for the Roller coaster

7 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

This thread......................:notworthy its got the lot

Anyway, thought for the day................................

For the Box Office fiction,  Guti,  Kluivert, etal for the glamorous, kinda exotic and interesting

For the boring and samey samey dull tired shite , the McMafia usual suspects

For the practical sensible and realistic,  it could be Mickey Mellon, thereafter Alan Stubbs, or Oran 'looks kinda like Danny Lennon' Kearney

Hmmmmmmmmm, might be handing my ticket back for the Roller coaster

Is mellon the new beige?

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Forum threads do go off on tangents quite quickly. This one has had people sticking to the topic quite well. Now where we're we? Manager vacancy at St Mirren. Interviews day 2. Early runners have withdrawn. Choices : From 3 European Superstars,  From Part Time Club  (2 if Hopkins is still around) and fom both Scottish and English League ex managers plus 1 English League Manager. Wow.

Let's be having you (I think the Norwich Chairperson said that). Step up to the mark the next St Mirren Manager and blow us away.

No worse than top 8 next season,  top 6 the next. Cup runs in first, semi finals / final in the next please. 

Ironic given Dicko's latest pitch (following on from Some bloke from Celtic being unveilled and then his usual pitch for a diddy ex Dunfermline manager)

5 minutes ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

When do the interviews actually start? :ph34r:

Believe some were yesterday. I read that the club hope to have their man by Friday, so more interviews today then decision on Friday? I'm sure I saw somewhere that preseason training starts on Monday, but might have picked that up wrong as it seems a wee bit early.

I would have been happy with Robbie neilson or goody. But now they won't even speak to us instead its European cup winners and fifa icons that are linked to the club im waiting on maradona and klinsman throwing their hat's in the ring. God knows who the man will be  (it could be a woman) surprised the Scotland womans coach isn't linked to the job. It's going crazy. Im sure the board will appoint the right person soon. 

5 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

I would have been happy with Robbie neilson or goody. But now they won't even speak to us instead its European cup winners and fifa icons that are linked to the club im waiting on maradona and klinsman throwing their hat's in the ring. God knows who the man will be  (it could be a woman) surprised the Scotland womans coach isn't linked to the job. It's going crazy. Im sure the board will appoint the right person soon. 

I think its probably nothing like the nonsense being described. I'm sure its a fairly straightforward process with a few sound candidates and an announcement on Friday of a fairly solid proven manager that everyone can get behind.