New Manager Latest Odds

If a manager actually has a means to implement his tactical ideas, and a good range of contacts to attract players then a knowledge of Scottish football isn't all too important.

If anything the refusal or the length of time it takes to embrace new ideas in this country, has limited our football identity.

I wouldn't say the managers that have Scottish experience are what we should be looking for, unless we are ready to back them financially like their prior clubs.

19 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Do we buy season tickets to watch the team or the manager?  

I buy regardless of whoever's in charge which is probably the same as quite a few on here. My point regarding sales was more to do with first time, lapsed etc. I believe the appointment of a different type of manager i.e. a big name would have created a stir , and created a buzz amongst our non buying ST supporters which may have resulted in increased sales. I also believe a bigger named manager than the ones now being mentioned would have helped with loss of Jack Ross. 

You never know, maybe we'll still pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

35 minutes ago, StuD said:

St Mirren have mishandled this spectacularly. 

What they should have done is put out the story that they were interviewing Allan McManus and Jamie Langfield for the job. Then with the fans seriously underwhelmed they could have got the support behind them as at the last minute they dramatically produce Alan Stubbs as manager. Instead they've built everyone up to the extent that some have been goading Rangers fans about the quality of manager St Mirren were going to recruit - only to pop the bubble to scenes of great hilarity at the expense of St Mirren fans as Gordon Scott says the final shortlist includes a PE teacher. 

Stop talking shite, Stuart. St Mirren never mentioned Guti, Kluivert, or McCarthy.

The club haven't identified any candidates at all.

Just like the scarecrow trying to have a wank, you are clutching at straws.

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

Stop talking shite, Stuart. St Mirren never mentioned Guti, Kluivert, or McCarthy.

The club haven't identified any candidates at all.

Just like the scarecrow trying to have a wank, you are clutching at straws.

Aye right - so the press just pulled those names out of thin air and decided they all wanted the job. :rolleyes: 

14 minutes ago, munoz said:

I buy regardless of whoever's in charge which is probably the same as quite a few on here. My point regarding sales was more to do with first time, lapsed etc. I believe the appointment of a different type of manager i.e. a big name would have created a stir , and created a buzz amongst our non buying ST supporters which may have resulted in increased sales. I also believe a bigger named manager than the ones now being mentioned would have helped with loss of Jack Ross. 

You never know, maybe we'll still pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

Don't disagree and well put mate . Lots of speculation and I simply hope the board pick the best man and we all get behind him  and the club. We may all be surprised.

Edited by nedflanders123

4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Eh..............I said in the belief...............Ross was a major part of that feel good factor.

As has been mentioned, there was real expectation, that, IMO had diminished at this moment in time.

You're taking this away off point Ned, calm down. 

Very calm here bud. Very positive too.  We are back so COYS.

8 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

5 weeks on Friday until our season starts back , get someone in and get it started , we have players to sign while there is still some decent one's available. 

Of course. There has been little activity so far across Scotland as transfer market was not open.  

8 minutes ago, StuD said:

Aye right - so the press just pulled those names out of thin air and decided they all wanted the job. :rolleyes: 

That's basically what you did with John Kennedy, someone who is not even in the running for the job nor is being interviewed.

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

Appointing Mcintyre and Dodds wouldn't be popular.  Mcintyre polled 1 percent in a recent poll. They got fired from County yet rock up to replace one of the best management teams we have had. No not for me. Let's at least use an ounce of imagination 

Who would be your choice?  Most managers in Scotland have been sacked at some point.  Even Brendan R.  I think JMcI did a pretty good job at the clubs he managed including a cup win.  If our primary goal this season is to stay  up then maybe someone like Jim is the right man?

4 minutes ago, marrez said:

That's basically what you did with John Kennedy, someone who is not even in the running for the job nor is being interviewed.

No it's not Mark. If I did it with anyone it would have been Stephen Kenny although I would hope that telling everyone he should get it, but won't would indicate it's more of a wish than a rumour. 

11 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Appointing Mcintyre and Dodds wouldn't be popular.  Mcintyre polled 1 percent in a recent poll. They got fired from County yet rock up to replace one of the best management teams we have had. No not for me. Let's at least use an ounce of imagination 

Personally we have to trust the board these are the people listening to what potentioal managers have to say at the interviews. The board is full of Saints fans who want the best for the club we have got to put trust in their judgment and go along with it. I will no matter who it is. 

McIntyre and Dodds or Stubbs, or Micky Mellon, or a part-timer fae’ Norn Iron.
Jesus fcuking Christ.... you go out for a game of golf, come home, and this is it? Really? Fcuk sake.

As said by a few, hugely underwhelming

Be great to have a ‘f**k it, let’s give it a go’ season.

Hoping the guesswork on here is wrong.

Nonetheless, whoever it is, hope we support them & give them a decent chance.

2 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

I hope for our sake that they are better quality than the failures  currently touted as the final 3.

McIntyre Stubbs and Caldwell. :(

So do I.

I've just sacrificed a chicken* in the hope that the gods smile kindly on us tomorrow.

*Actually someone else did, but it tasted nice all the same.

6 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

I hope for our sake that they are better quality than the failures  currently touted as the final 3.

McIntyre Stubbs and Caldwell. :(

I reckon Stubbs would be okay. Best of that trio, certainly.

8 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

As said by a few, hugely underwhelming

Be great to have a ‘f**k it, let’s give it a go’ season.

Hoping the guesswork on here is wrong.

Nonetheless, whoever it is, hope we support them & give them a decent chance.

I will give whoever gets it a decent chance. I knew next to nothing about Tom Hendrie, I hadn’t a clue about Dummett or Newton, Andy Dorman.... Isma who?

So, manager or player, I give them a go. Jack Ross was hardly stellar at the beginning.

However, I retain the right to feel excited, meh, or depressed about the names being quoted, and currently, I am floating mid-way between depressed and meh.