Jack Ross - SMTID?

4 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I think the true meaning for Jack is that he will always have a place for the club in his heart. He enjoyed his time as a player, and his memories from the last 18 months will stick in his mind forever. It could well be his best time in football, taking a club from guaranteed relegation to title winners in a short space of time.

It may be OTT to say SMTID, but perhaps it's his way of trying to say how much this club means to him. OTT maybe, as you say it's the fans who stick with a club thick and thin. But I believe his words are genuine. Best of luck to him (although I hope Argyle beat them to the title!)

Guaranteed relegation? With 28 league games left to play? More Ross-friendly PR guff!

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

Lot of sensitive wee souls about who have quickly forgotten what Jack done for us.

For me it was more not what he has done but the HUGE expectation of what we were all thinking he could do

Huge disappointment im sure has spread amoung the fans.....we had huge momentum

now we are going into the top league feeling a wee bit deflated...half will like the new manager and half wont where as with J+J EVERYONE was behind them...that hurts

oh well....onwards and upwards....ish  

You know what, when you are offered £350,000 per year, then you are going to leave.

I have no doubt that he loves the club but £350,000 is a huge salary and good luck to the guy. He did well for us and we did well for him..............win-win surely?

6 hours ago, saintargyll said:

For me it was more not what he has done but the HUGE expectation of what we were all thinking he could do

Huge disappointment im sure has spread amoung the fans.....we had huge momentum

now we are going into the top league feeling a wee bit deflated...half will like the new manager and half wont where as with J+J EVERYONE was behind them...that hurts

oh well....onwards and upwards....ish  

I think we're all feeling that but some of the criticism he's getting is poor considering what he did for us. Nonetheless, we are St Mirren fans, we're back where we belong and it's all about us now, not Jack Ross.

1 hour ago, John Gotti said:

You know what, when you are offered £350,000 per year, then you are going to leave.

I have no doubt that he loves the club but £350,000 is a huge salary and good luck to the guy. He did well for us and we did well for him..............win-win surely?

If he does well in the next few years he'll be making over a million a year no probs. Good luck to Jack.

8 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

I am honest to god gobsmacked by some of our so called supporters on here. Jack Ross turned one of the most boring weak saints sides I can remember  into champions in 18 months. I don't know what the dealings were between the  clubs but some of things I have seen on here are out of order.  

Fortunately BR, those people seem to be in the extreme minority and I think the majority of them are simply letting their disappointment get the better of them. 

People are upset by the turn of events and rather than admit to being upset/hurt (lets be honest if you say it out loud it sounds a bit silly) they lash out and Jack is the target.

I felt he left under a bit of a cloud due to the way it went but I would rather remember the good times than the abrupt end.

I wish him good luck and hope he treats our club with respect in the future.

But I don't think the constant "look what he did for us" is particularly fair on all the other people that played a massive part in last seasons success.

I know he played an important role but I'd rather a see it as "look what he did with us". Let's hope we can continue playing our part and GLS and Tony play theirs by getting someone that can keep this moving forward.

9 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

He was a former player, had some of the best memories of his career with us and built and restored faith within the club between fans, the board and the players as a manager, taking us back to the top flight where we belong in such a short space of time.

Why cant the OP realise that he has an affection for the club regardless of where he is now. Tony Fitz was a self confessed Celtic fan before playing for us. Ask him now and he would give you a different answer.

Absolutely right in what you write. Clearly some folks find it easier to post negatively and almost impossible to express gratitude. 

What amazes me, is the fact that if you don't toe the Jack Ross Superfan line, then you're a nutter, short on memory, an idiot etc etc.  No matter how you dress it up,Jack Ross walked away from St.Mirren fans so why shouldn't St.Mirren fans walk away from Jack Ross?

It is  human nature to react. We all react differently . So why not let people  react how they feel, rather being bullied into something else.

So many posters on here are giving Jack Ross tremendous respect, but they can't manage the same for their fellow supporters!

S M T I D   !!!

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

Hypocricy abounds. Almost everyone recognises Jack’s great work and almost everyone has said they themselves would jump at the chance of a £350,000 salary. Does that also mean you are no longer SMTID if you got the job offer? I would take it and still be SMTID.

19 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

What amazes me, is the fact that if you don't toe the Jack Ross Superfan line, then you're a nutter, short on memory, an idiot etc etc.  No matter how you dress it up,Jack Ross walked away from St.Mirren fans so why shouldn't St.Mirren fans walk away from Jack Ross?

It is  human nature to react. We all react differently . So why not let people  react how they feel, rather being bullied into something else.

So many posters on here are giving Jack Ross tremendous respect, but they can't manage the same for their fellow supporters!

S M T I D   !!!

Buddie. Its only right that people are able to post what they think and feel.  Both sides of the argument.  I'd say most of us are dissapointed  That he has gone so soon but that we are more taken aback by the timing of it and the apparent way in which the move came about.  My feeling is that you are also right that some posters do forget to show respect for others in both what they write and how they write it. This doesn't apply to many on here but there are a few repeat offenders who seem to want to take things down to the lowest common denominator. Best not to let them do that. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Hypocricy abounds. Almost everyone recognises Jack’s great work and almost everyone has said they themselves would jump at the chance of a £350,000 salary. Does that also mean you are no longer SMTID if you got the job offer? I would take it and still be SMTID.

Hypocrisy?  Explain.   The way I see it, Jack Ross was our manager. A St.Mirren employee. Wee give him our support. He no longer is either of these, so what's the biggy?  He did a fantastic job for us, but he isn't any longer. Thanks Jack but Bye. Life as they say goes on.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Buddie. Its only right that people are able to post what they think and feel.  Both sides of the argument.  I'd say most of us are dissapointed Thatcher has gone so soon but that we are more taken aback by the timing of it and the apparent way in which the move came about.  My feeling is that you are also right that some posters do forget to show respect for others in both what they write and how they write it. This doesn't apply to many on here but there are a few repeat offenders who seem to want to take things down to the lowest common denominator. Best not to let them do that. 

Thatcher?

I think we have to remember this is more than last 18 months. Its only 4/5 years ago we were 8th and had just won LC.But relegation and 5 managers later (soon to be 6) here we are almost where we were 20 years ago. My eternal thanks and support is with our chairman and BOD who have demonstrated vision and incredible support. Jack is now prologue. The story continues .........

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

I think we have to remember this is more than last 18 months. Its only 4/5 years ago we were 8th and had just won LC.But relegation and 5 managers later (soon to be 6) here we are almost where we were 20 years ago. My eternal thanks and support is with our chairman and BOD who have demonstrated vision and incredible support. Jack is now prologue. The story continues .........

Indeed it does. I hear that there is even a thread on The New Era. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’d imagine it’s a bit like if your wife shagged the next door neighbour. You’d be absolutely raging at her for doing it, but you couldn’t just stop loving her instantly.

Jack has metaphorically shagged Sunderland behind our backs. Probably up the arse too the durty big handsome bassturt. 

EEEEEEEW, Each to our own I suppose!

I’d imagine it’s a bit like if your wife shagged the next door neighbour. You’d be absolutely raging at her for doing it, but you couldn’t just stop loving her instantly.

Jack has metaphorically shagged Sunderland behind our backs. Probably up the arse too the durty big handsome bassturt. 

OK the wife getting shagged up the bum by the handsome neighbour, that makes this whole situation marvelous.

6 minutes ago, Hambud said:

OK the wife getting shagged up the bum by the handsome neighbour, that makes this whole situation marvelous.

The issue is that your neighbour never even contacted you to firstly ask permission to approach your wife. You may or may not have given permission for the shagging to take place at all, but at least you should have been asked first. Mind you, you must ask yourself, if your wife gets offered 12in for 2 years, can you match that? Can you stand in her way, or should you let her go and take on this new challenge.