Jack Ross - SMTID?

Spoiler

does it really mater if its Ipswich or sunderland he was going 

we got our money 

another chapter in the on going story off our club , many have left for pastures new but only a few have succeed 

onward and upwards 

WE ARE STILL ON OUR WAY  

Wow! Has been really interesting to see how the thread has developed. It's moved well away from my original question, but thanks to those who expressed their opinions on that. As I said at the start, the use of the letters SMTID may be a small point, but my personal opinion is that they are important and shouldn't be misappropriated. Thanks to mad saint there for bringing us back on topic. Perhaps we should leave the thread at that, and let the debate on wife-shagging continue elsewhere.

I agree with St. Ricky that a forum is a place where all opinions should be expressed and considered, and most importantly, all should be done in a respectful manner.

So, farewell Jack and James, and huge thanks for all that you've done for our club. Thanks for giving us a season and a half that we will never forget. All the best in your future careers!

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The issue is that your neighbour never even contacted you to firstly ask permission to approach your wife. You may or may not have given permission for the shagging to take place at all, but at least you should have been asked first. Mind you, you must ask yourself, if your wife gets offered 12in for 2 years, can you match that? Can you stand in her way, or should you let her go and take on this new challenge.

There is ALWAYS a place for personal experiences on the forum.   :lol:

I don't grudge Jack and James the opportunity to greatly increase their wage , £350,000 a year is life changing and they have earned it .Jack done what he said he would do and got us back to the top league , and we have always known that he is ambitious and this is a new challenge that he's obviously felt he couldn't turn down. The only thing about this move is that it was done without the clubs permission up to a point and the club were never going to refuse them it so what the hell were they doing? The SMTID comment is IMO genuine ,this guy has both played and managed this club and has had a great relationship with the fans , I wish Jack and James every success , the irony with that is that I hope Sunderland have a shitty season for the disrespect the shown our club.

44 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’d imagine it’s a bit like if your wife shagged the next door neighbour. You’d be absolutely raging at her for doing it, but you couldn’t just stop loving her instantly.

Jack has metaphorically shagged Sunderland behind our backs. Probably up the arse too the durty big handsome bassturt. 

Shouldnt you start an agony aunt thread

[emoji3]
I think you’re mixing my metaphor there Hambud! 
I hope so.

I'd likened our situation to being between girlfriends our last good one (DL) was a wee bit silly but she had cool mates and helped us out at the biggest party we'd been invited to in 10 years. That sadly fizzled out and you realise her cool pals were actually all backstabbing pricks.

We went on a bit of a bad patch with our ex's pals trying to make sure we were alright. Though none of them had the magic to keep us 'up'.

We were then set up with a couple of munters who were just rebound jobs. We then managed a one night stand/maybe even a short affair with a straight 10. She was cracking in bed, looked great you could take her to meet your parents, you could take her to a bowling club or the player of the year awards and she would shine, you always knew you were punching but thought 'f**k it I'm going to enjoy this while I can'. You have a great time with her she makes you popular with other people and gets your confidence up, she also has a really cool bunch of friends.

She then gets called from a company in London who offer her a salary hike that will make her very rich and she has to take it.

Ok your gutted when she's leaves but you understand why she's going and there was no way you were going to move with her and have to travel back up every Saturday to get to see the saints.

And she's left you some other straight 10's (McGinno etc) to look after you.

3 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I hope so.

I'd likened our situation to being between girlfriends our last good one (DL) was a wee bit silly but she had cool mates and helped us out at the biggest party we'd been invited to in 10 years. That sadly fizzled out and you realise her cool pals were actually all backstabbing pricks.

We went on a bit of a bad patch with our ex's pals trying to make sure we were alright. Though none of them had the magic to keep us 'up'.

We were then set up with a couple of munters who were just rebound jobs. We then managed a one night stand/maybe even a short affair with a straight 10. She was cracking in bed, looked great you could take her to meet your parents, you could take her to a bowling club or the player of the year awards and she would shine, you always knew you were punching but thought 'f**k it I'm going to enjoy this while I can'. You have a great time with her she makes you popular with other people and gets your confidence up, she also has a really cool bunch of friends.

She then gets called from a company in London who offer her a salary hike that will make her very rich and she has to take it.

Ok your gutted when she's leaves but you understand why she's going and there was no way you were going to move with her and have to travel back up every Saturday to get to see the saints.

And she's left you some other straight 10's (McGinno etc) to look after you.

Superb analogy Hambud!

No bum love though? 

23 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Wow! Has been really interesting to see how the thread has developed. It's moved well away from my original question, but thanks to those who expressed their opinions on that. As I said at the start, the use of the letters SMTID may be a small point, but my personal opinion is that they are important and shouldn't be misappropriated. Thanks to mad saint there for bringing us back on topic. Perhaps we should leave the thread at that, and let the debate on wife-shagging continue elsewhere.

I agree with St. Ricky that a forum is a place where all opinions should be expressed and considered, and most importantly, all should be done in a respectful manner.

So, farewell Jack and James, and huge thanks for all that you've done for our club. Thanks for giving us a season and a half that we will never forget. All the best in your future careers!

Sorry for temporarily derailing your excellent thread Pondsman.  The reason I didn’t answer it directly was because Cornwall Saint had already answered it for me. :thumbs

13 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I think the true meaning for Jack is that he will always have a place for the club in his heart. He enjoyed his time as a player, and his memories from the last 18 months will stick in his mind forever. It could well be his best time in football, taking a club from guaranteed relegation to title winners in a short space of time.

It may be OTT to say SMTID, but perhaps it's his way of trying to say how much this club means to him. OTT maybe, as you say it's the fans who stick with a club thick and thin. But I believe his words are genuine. Best of luck to him (although I hope Argyle beat them to the title!)

Of all the events currently unfolding on the world stage, of all the life changing, life defining moments the world over I truly think

This is the least interesting of them all

Good luck Jack, you did a great job right up to and including your open letter to the fan's, absolute class.  Our paths may well cross again one day, until that day I wish you and James all the very best.  What an opportunity you have earned, our club and your career have both benefited enormously over the last 18 months.  I say we are all much happier today for that.  

All the best Jack and Jimmy, allthe best indeed

SMTID

19 hours ago, pondsman said:

I appreciate that this may be considered trivial as JR has now gone, but I've just read his statement on the club's official website. While I'm happy with and appreciate everything Jack says, I find it difficult to accept his signing off with the letters SMTID.  Despite everything he did for the club, he was a club employee, not a supporter, someone we all knew would move on to pastures new eventually. I really think that only supporters have the right to these five letters.  Did he write AATID when he left Alloa to come to us?

Others may consider this trivial, but does it give us an insight to the man? I honestly wish him all the best at Sunderland, but is it not rather patronising of him to appropriate letters which rightly belong only to us?

Comments, including from those who think I'm overreacting, welcome.

Perhaps as he hurtles past the competition in the English League One, and continues the journey to the top of the English Championship on his way to the top 4 in the English Premier, he will remember that he is SMTID and will recommend us players and loan us players.  In his position, I know I would, as I am also SMTID.       

Edited by E=Mc2
Dyslexia

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Thanks to her I own my house and will be mortgage free in two years. She also broke the unions. On both scores I am quite happy.

Thanks to her wanting to break the unions we now have next to no manufacturing base, no coal to speak of and our energy facilities are owned by foreign companies. She was despicable and callous, using police to attack law abiding pickets trying to protect their livelihoods. People were forced to work for near slave wages and Company fatcats got, and are continuing to get even fatter. Ordinary young couples can't get decent affordable council homes due to the sell off. The countries family silver was sold off cheaply and, if one part happened to be losing money, she simply split it and sold the bit that WAS making money. But it's ok. You've nearly paid off your mortgage 10 years after I paid mine off.