Where should Saints spend the millions?

If Ricky was to stop paying people to cut his grass, wash his car and windows, do his house repairs, clean his house, wipe his own arse, he could afford to buy the whole of the family stand season tickets and help to keep the bigots out [emoji41]

5 minutes ago, renfrew said:

If Ricky was to stop paying people to cut his grass, wash his car and windows, do his house repairs, clean his house, wipe his own arse, he could afford to buy the whole of the family stand season tickets and help to keep the bigots out emoji41.png

I object strongly to this Renfrew. Apart from the inaccuracy Since I do not have someone to wipe my bahookey,  I am enabling the local economy and helping small businesseses grow. More seriously,  I did suggest that we find a way to fund season ticket sales for some people who now found it tough to justify the continuing cost. Some of the issues that people pointed out included identifying those in need and in avoiding the feeling that they were being patronised. I am still happy to contribute to a Crowdfund for this purpose. 

I object strongly to this Renfrew. Apart from the inaccuracy Since I do not have someone to wipe my bahookey,  I am enabling the local economy and helping small businesseses grow. More seriously,  I did suggest that we find a way to fund season ticket sales for some people who now found it tough to justify the continuing cost. Some of the issues that people pointed out included identifying those in need and in avoiding the feeling that they were being patronised. I am still happy to contribute to a Crowdfund for this purpose. 
It was intended to be a tongue in cheek post but since you feel offended I wish to say sorry.

22 minutes ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

It was intended to be a tongue in cheek post but since you feel offended I wish to say sorry.

Only joking Renfrew. Honest!   But thanks. 

4 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I thought we won last season's Championship (10 teams) while being the 4th best supported team in the division? We finished 13 points ahead of Dundee United, 15 ahead of Dunfermline and 37 ahead of Falkirk who all averaged higher home attendances than us last season. Livingston got promoted via the play offs... an average 400 more fans turned out to watch 2nd placed Livingston compared with 10th placed Brechin.

An extra 58 fans turned up to watch St Mirren's first home game on 31st March, after winning the League Cup in 2013, compared with the same fixture, against Celtic earlier in the season. 800 less fans turned up at the following match against Dundee compared with the corresponding fixture at the end of November, and almost 200 less fans turned out to watch the final home game of the season against Aberdeen compared with the home fixture in November.

Yeah based on short term success things don't look great - but IF we can have longer term success it would be very different...

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yeah based on short term success things don't look great - but IF we can have longer term success it would be very different...

Longer term trends over the past few years are encouraging. 3,000 to 3,600  to 4500 this season passed with, I suggest, a further rise to 5400 per game in the coming season.  If you has asked me how to make this difficult then I would have said..lose JR, be slow to bring in new players, be slow to bring out the new kit and create divisions amongst the fans on seating arrangements and finally have a ticketing site that malfunctions. But...we are in the Premiership, we are debt free and we have both a modern stadium and training facility. 

12 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

So Aberdeen are the biggest club in a wide geographical area - so what - Gers & Tic are only a few miles apart & near many others like Partick, Clyde etc.

The point is more successful teams get bigger crowds - we showed that during this last season in the Championship.

If we progress sufficiently, the crowds would rally in Paisley... OK I am sure we will get folk talking about real fans who support through thick and thin etc.. But many people are pretty fickle and want to support successful teams... hence the percentage of Man U fans who have never been to any of their games and the reason the Old Firm have a bigger fan base too.

The two arse cheeks are a poor example as their attraction is far more than just football related.  In fact it probably had little to do with it in the early days. That's the reason I was hoping the dead half would have stayed dead. In the hope that it's mirror image would have shrivelled along with them.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The two arse cheeks are a poor example as their attraction is far more than just football related.  In fact it probably had little to do with it in the early days. That's the reason I was hoping the dead half would have stayed dead. In the hope that it's mirror image would have shrivelled along with them.

Like you I suspect, I think the best thing for Scottish football would be them both leaving our league and playing elsewhere.. once they got trounced more than they were winning, their support would diminish and folk might then start to support the other "successful teams" better.

Let's be honest the dice are stacked against most teams because of them...

4 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Well it won't be on O'Ware, he's signed for Partick.

I heard that he would have come to us.. but we were not pushing and he wanted to get things sorted quickly.

I hope we do not do the same thing with Halkett

Edited by Sweeper07

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

I heard that he would have come to us.. but we were not pushing and he wanted to get things sorted quickly.

I hope we do not do the same thing with Halkett

BBC has O'Ware down as the highest scoring defender in Europe.  Always a goal threat.  Anyway.. He's not coming to us. Halkett I like.